• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Turns out I'm not there either. Put me as Celerity910 (Ridrool64) though. This name is now useless to me.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Oh, shoot! I just remembered that I've been reinstated as the owner of this thread again.

Perkilator Perkilator I'll add you to the support list, but is there anyone else who supports Arle for Smash that I haven't added to the list yet?

BTW, you're added! Welcome to the Puyo-popping experience!
Count me in too, 200% here for this.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Oh, shoot! I just remembered that I've been reinstated as the owner of this thread again.

Perkilator Perkilator I'll add you to the support list, but is there anyone else who supports Arle for Smash that I haven't added to the list yet?

Add me as well! I've been here a while now!

amageish

Smash Master
I wonder if it was a licence issue that's preventing Kirby's Avalanche from being released.

I would complain about not knowing what the menu options are in Puyo Puyo 2 but they never gave any of the NES games a flipping manual so it's not a new experince.

All that aside, the gameplay is in tact and that's all that matters in the end.
I don't think it would be possible for Nintendo to have licensing trouble with their own localization? I would imagine they're just trying to push Puyo as Puyo in the west. Puyo Puyo Champions just got a free update this past week, Sega Ages Puyo Puyo was recently finally released here a couple weeks ago, etc...

Sign me up!

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597

I may be added, pretty please

D

Deleted member

All these Puyo Puyo advertising in its original format thing is probably the BIGGEST Build up to encourage all of us to desire Arle to become a Fighter in Super Smash Bros. All we have to do is wait for the next information. There will be a new Nintendo Direct, which probably will be about Terry Bogard and the final Fighter Pass fighter.

If Arle happens to be announced as the next DLC Fighter (as well as Amitie if an Echo fighter is considered) i believe the internet is gonna blow up once again! Remember, Arle and Puyo Puyo as a whole, is building up its fame in the west. So if Arle is announced, everyone will then be talking about Arle.

StormC

Smash Hero

Go ahead and add me. As a Lip supporter, I've really come around to Arle.

-Female third party mascot with decades of history and legacy, essentially a unicorn for the Smash roster
-Puyo Puyo is Sega's best selling series after Sonic
-Outside of Dr. Mario, traditional puzzle games are not represented on the roster
-Lots of moveset potential if they draw from both Puyo Puyo and Madou Monogatari
-Puyo Puyo 2 is on the SNES Switch app (probably doesn't mean anything, but interesting at least)
-Cartoony and cutesy aesthetic that would make her stand out among the DLC and in general

Would be a fantastic inclusion.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Thank you.
You're very welcome!
Turns out I'm not there either. Put me as Celerity910 (Ridrool64) though. This name is now useless to me.
Count me in too, 200% here for this.
Add me as well! I've been here a while now!
I may be added, pretty please
Go ahead and add me. As a Lip supporter, I've really come around to Arle.

-Female third party mascot with decades of history and legacy, essentially a unicorn for the Smash roster
-Puyo Puyo is Sega's best selling series after Sonic
-Outside of Dr. Mario, traditional puzzle games are not represented on the roster
-Lots of moveset potential if they draw from both Puyo Puyo and Madou Monogatari
-Puyo Puyo 2 is on the SNES Switch app (probably doesn't mean anything, but interesting at least)
-Cartoony and cutesy aesthetic that would make her stand out among the DLC and in general

Would be a fantastic inclusion.
Flyboy Flyboy
Ridrool64 Ridrool64
Looma Looma
Jave Jave
amageish amageish
Pretty Roger Pretty Roger
StormC StormC

You're ALL official Puyo Poppers now! Congrats, and thanks for all your supporting Arle for Smash Bros.! Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but I had to go somewhere today.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman

Add me

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
You know what I just noticed? Arle is the most wanted FEMALE character in Japan. The others are all male and a dual-gendered avatar.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
So I had the chance to play the SNES online library fun little game, though I'm no good at it. You have my support for her and all other characters that come with her. If anything they could go the route of Hero for the costumes. It would be interesting to see how they could use the puzzles in her moveset

D

Deleted member

You know what I just noticed? Arle is the most wanted FEMALE character in Japan. The others are all male and a dual-gendered avatar.
Wait?! She is WHAT?! Well that is unexpected, but once she is chosen as the next DLC Fighter: It is Gonna be Insane!

D

Deleted member

Um, about that...

Yeah, i saw it, right?! Arle is the only one that in my opinion or fact, Will FIT IN well in the roster! She is child friendly and a cute character that no one is even expecring to appear in such a fithing game like Super Smash Bros.

I just hope Nintendo doesn't pick Sora from Kingdom Hearts because 8f Sora is chosen over Arle, Super Smash Bros. Will be Ruined for good! Steve should not join the roster as well because if Steve joins, online battle might be filled with immature kids who will derp around and it will be frustrating!

Ninte do should just choose Arle and any obscure character instead of the ones highly requested, and also i do NOT Want a Mortal Kombat fighter in Smash Bros because it will make Mortal Kombat be out of place without fatalities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
One thing if Arle went into smash which design would you prefer.
-The compile design used in Madou monogatari and in puyo puyo until puyo pop.
-Or the sega used in all puyo puyo games from puyo puyo fever

D

Deleted member

The compile design should be her default while the SEGA designs are used for the alts, i mean Come on, Arle has worn different clothing styles, we don't want to see her stealing someone else's paint job scheme. Arle can also wear her school uniform from PP7 as an Alt just like Joker. I'd like to see Classic Arle again with her brown hair, it looks nice.

Amitie can also wear her first clothing that consists of her blue turtleneck shirt with big red hat and platform shoes as her default while her 20th Anniversary design can be one of Amitie's alts. I mean, just look at what these girls wear in their games, it sometimes change. Amitie can also wear her school Uniform from PP7 as another Alt.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Maybe they can throw me a bone and give me at least a Ringo-colored alt if not Ringo herself...I just really like Ringo.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I would prefer the one Sega uses for Puyo Puyo, and have the original design as an alt, maybe even split the alts 4 and 4.

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe they can throw me a bone and give me at least a Ringo-colored alt if not Ringo herself...I just really like Ringo.
I mean, if we did get an Alph situation, I feel like Ringo is the most likely?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I have barely played any Puyo Games, the only ones I've played are Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo 2 on the SNES online. (Unless you count the puyo games that aren't called puyo puyo, like the Yoshi one and such.) That said, I love puzzle games, and since Tetris is not likely to ever be playable due to not really having characters, and the Puyo characters all being adorable, I would love to see Arle in Smash. Count me in as a supporter.

Arle is just too cute.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Add me as support pretty please.
I have barely played any Puyo Games, the only ones I've played are Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo 2 on the SNES online. (Unless you count the puyo games that aren't called puyo puyo, like the Yoshi one and such.) That said, I love puzzle games, and since Tetris is not likely to ever be playable due to not really having characters, and the Puyo characters all being adorable, I would love to see Arle in Smash. Count me in as a supporter.

Arle is just too cute.
Can someone put me in the supporters list....
And you're there and official Puyo-popping supporters! Welcome to the Puyo popping experience!

Personally, I'd like Compile's take on Arle (Specifically, her Yo~n design) to be her default look, while SEGA's take on her (Specifically from Puyo Tetris) serves as the alt.
With that said, I'd like her Yo~n design to have alt. colors based on Rulue, Draco Centauros, and Witch, while her Puyo Tetris design has alt. colors based on Amitie, Ringo Andou, and Ally.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Arle is just too cute.
The real reason Tetris can't get in is because of Henk Rogers being strict with the Tetris Company, in regards to copyrights. Sega's US branch finding a loophole was a miracle.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh ****, uhhhhhh can ya’ll add me too?
And you're there! Welcome to the Puyo-popping experience!

Can I just say that it is nothing short of AMAZING to me how the Arle thread has picked up in activity AND gaining new supporters? Like, to think the reveal of SEGA Ages' Puyo Puyo and Super Puyo Puyo Tsu coming to the NSO was enough to convince so many that Arle would be a good choice for Smash!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And you're there! Welcome to the Puyo-popping experience! Can I just say that it is nothing short of AMAZING to me how the Arle thread has picked up in activity AND gaining new supporters? Like, to think the reveal of SEGA Ages' Puyo Puyo and Super Puyo Puyo Tsu coming to the NSO was enough to convince so many that Arle would be a good choice for Smash!
To be honest, this has to keep going! We gotta keep fighting till the very end (When Arle is finally announced), i mean, She is a character that is approved b the criteria: an Unexpected newcomer only a little amount of people talk about, a child friendly character suitable for all ages, a character that has a big history with Nintendo, and is related to SNK in some way before SEGA acquires the franchise, and Arle can be a potential threat to the Nintendo characters as NOBODY in the current roster (Sorry Dr. Mario) is remotely capable of rivaling her MIGHTY PUZZLING greatness!

I mean, look at what could happen once Arle Joins the Battle?! Everyone is gonna be talking about Puyo Puyo BIG TIME and then they will talk about which puzzle game franchise can RIVAL our Blue Puzzling Heroine. Which character can REMOTELY do that if Dr. Mario isn't meant for Competitive and that Tetris doesn't have characters instead of the blocks? You know who is on my support radar that is a potential Rival to Arle, since i have been talking about this Nintendo girl, and if you know me recently, you guys all know who the Nintendo Character i support is. In case you don't know, it's Panel de Pon's LIP!

And let me remind you: I am NOT Joking when i say this: Arle can single handedly DEFEAT Shantae, Kingdom Hearts' Sora, Minecraft's Steve, Ashley, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Son Goku, Shrek, SpongeBob, Baldi, Monika, Ultra Instict Shaggy, Master Chief, Doomguy, Any Mortal Kombat character, and ESPECIALLY Waluigi in terms of making her way to the roster of Super Smash Bros.

We can STILL have Arle as a DLC Fighter!

Here is my list for characters i want to see in Super Smash Bros:

1. Lip (Panel de Pon)
2. Arle (Puyo Puyo)
3. Asuka (Senran Kagura)
4. Load Ran (Twinkle Star Sprites)
5. Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Arle is my most want since Melee alongside Ayumi.
I think now she is definitely the top contender for the next set of DLC.
However, her biggest issue is still the copyrights problem. If I understand correctly, the rights for Madou Monogatari (so her name Nadja, her old design, her ability to fight in general, and her spells) belong to D4Enterprise, the rights to sale Madou Monogatari belong to Compile Heart, and the rights for Puyopuyo belong to Sega.
I personally prefer Arle to represent a good amount of Madou Monogatari elements, but to make herself as a fighter in a fighting game, I believe D4E has to be on board as well.
I said it's the biggest issue for Arle, but now they somehow managed to get Dragon Quest of all thing in smash so I'm very hopeful for her future. The problem still remains but it's not a huge blocking wall than used to be.
Alter proved that Sega and D4E can work together to bring back old Arle(ish) design. I'm hoping her smash render to be like this.
https://alter-web.jp/products/222/

Also, Sega is treating her as one of their biggest mascot (and of course they name Puyopuyo before Sonic!), she has to make into smash at this point.

D

Deleted member

Arle is my most want since Melee alongside Ayumi.
I think now she is definitely the top contender for the next set of DLC.
However, her biggest issue is still the copyrights problem. If I understand correctly, the rights for Madou Monogatari (so her name Nadja, her old design, her ability to fight in general, and her spells) belong to D4Enterprise, the rights to sale Madou Monogatari belong to Compile Heart, and the rights for Puyopuyo belong to Sega.
I personally prefer Arle to represent a good amount of Madou Monogatari elements, but to make herself as a fighter in a fighting game, I believe D4E has to be on board as well.
I said it's the biggest issue for Arle, but now they somehow managed to get Dragon Quest of all thing in smash so I'm very hopeful for her future. The problem still remains but it's not a huge blocking wall than used to be.
Alter proved that Sega and D4E can work together to bring back old Arle(ish) design. I'm hoping her smash render to be like this.
https://alter-web.jp/products/222/

Also, Sega is treating her as one of their biggest mascot (and of course they name Puyopuyo before Sonic!), she has to make into smash at this point.
Yeah, we gotta have Arle for SmU5h (And Amitie as Echo fighter), that way, Nintendo has no other choice but to Rival SEGA's Puzzle gaming hero with their own! (You all know who Nintendo's Fairy princess' name is, for a character that can Rival Arle!)

Top Bottom