• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I don't personally feel the threat of losing from that Ganon. I think my natural method of approach would work really well on him, and if not I'm sure I could tweak the timing just a little and shut him down. Of course I'm basing this on one set, so who knows.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
You are finally realizing the truth. It was stupid from the beginning.
You got lucky.
Someone else needs to watch Eve no Jikan (6 episodes), because I don't think it's better than Bakemonogatari.
Both the series and movie are ranked much higher than Bake on MAL, for what it's worth. 4chan also seems pretty certain on which it prefers. Eh, Seif and I can run through it sometime soon. The movie is only 1h 43m long and contains all the OVAs plus new footage and an ending song by Kalafina (Madoka, Garden of Sinners, Fate/Zero part 2 apparently).

Eden of the East, Brotherhood, Eva 2.0, Summer Wars, and Spice and Wolf 2 are other contenders from 2009.

Interesting results from previous years would be Aria season 1 over Mushishi in 2005 and Spice and Wolf season 1 over the last Aria season in 2008. I always got the impression that one was considered a masterpiece and the other simply well-loved by 4chan. Idk. Oh yeah, and Tatami Galaxy beating Iron Man in 2010. Wtf is up with that???

Hey Asthmatics, today Brett told me I looked really healthy. Joke's on him, this is the worst shape I've ever been in my life loooool :(

The wonders an extra layer of clothing and short hair can do.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You got lucky.

Both the series and the edited movie are ranked much higher than Bake on MAL, for what it's worth. 4chan also seems pretty certain on which it prefers. Eh, Seif and I can run through it sometime soon.

Eden of the East, Brotherhood, Eva 2.0, Summer Wars, and Spice and Wolf 2 are other contenders from 2009.

Interesting results from previous years would be Aria season 1 over Mushishi in 2005 and Spice and Wolf season 1 over the last Aria season in 2008. I always got the impression that one was considered a masterpiece and the other simply well-loved by 4chan. Idk. Oh yeah, and Tatami Galaxy beating Iron Man in 2010. Wtf is up with that???

Hey Asthmatics, today Brett told me I looked really healthy. Joke's on him, this is the worst shape I've ever been in my life loooool :(

The wonders an extra layer of clothing and short hair can do.
Well, the second season of Aria has been pretty much the same as the first. Well from what I can remember.

I'll have to rewatch Eve no Jikan just to be sure of myself. I remember not caring for it.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Well, the second season of Aria has been pretty much the same as the first. Well from what I can remember.

I'll have to rewatch Eve no Jikan just to be sure of myself. I remember not caring for it.
The first two seasons are world-building, and the third is serious development mode. At least, that's how I understand it. Explains the adoration. I also think it's funny that no one ever spoils it. It's too sacred, like Yotsuba or YKK.

Also funny that it won soundtrack of the decade. I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but that's a tall claim. Hard decision to make in any case, with Wolf's Rain and Stand Alone Complex around. And FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Beck, Mushishi, Clannad, Tatami Galaxy, Gurren Lagann...

PANTY AND STOCKING WITH GARTERBELT

Favorite soundtracks go!
1. BEBOP
2. Wolf's Rain
2.5. Samurai Champloo
4. Aria
5. Ghost in the Shell SAC
6. Panty and Stocking
7. FLCL

That's all I can say for sure, and even then 4-7 is a jumble depending on my mood.

Vts

Smash Champion
1. .hack/sign
2. dtb
2.1 samurai champloo
Evangelion
:D
5. Wolf's rain
6. ghost in the shell
7. FLCL
8. panty and stocking
9. Interstella 5555 OST
10. gundam wing

mine's all crazy

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I would say that's cheating, but so is FLCL and half of Champloo's soundtrack...
9. Interstella 5555 OST
And this. ****.

Nope, too hard to include. Tooo hard, can you feel it...

At last, the long wait is over
The weight is off my shoulders
I'm taking all control, yeah
My mind is set so free
I'm where I want to be
To get the best of me
Manga doesn't come with a sound track. :(
Sure it does. The sound of a tumbleweed, rolling through the gasping plain of your infinite boredom.

Also don't be frontin, you've seen some animus.
idk if school rumble is a 9, all i have left is 1 episode and it's not really making me laugh anymore :(

plus the romance parts and cute stuff isn't really that good anymore.
nah man

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2WtohD9tk0w#t=145s

Hey, I've been working on that! Run -> Wavedash -> Walk -> PC edgehog feels like the fastest way onto the edge for a lot of characters at a distance. I'm even kinda starting to get it down with Falcon.

Thanks Will for getting me on a pivot kick :woman:
Sheik:
Time getting up from the ledge with her poof. If she goes above the ledge to try to fall on to it, wave dash back onto the ledge and let her fall to her death.
Someone knows! And how many people will follow this advice? Zero......

For all the things people rip off of M2k, some of his most useful tricks go unabused.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Thanks Will for getting me on a pivot kick :woman:
You're welcome. Mean while, I haven't been practicing my pivots because I'm too busy practicing ICs.

idk if school rumble is a 9, all i have left is 1 episode and it's not really making me laugh anymore :(

plus the romance parts and cute stuff isn't really that good anymore.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I had my head down because of the rain, and those heavy glasses fell off in the street. A new pair's going to cost around 300 because my mom's insurance only covers one a year. They also won't be in for a few weeks.
Edith: Next time you look down just throw $300 down at the same time!!!
sad times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7x4rgl7YuM&context=C30b9e20ADOEgsToPDskKa3H5Vv0y_IskEJQAAL4Ra
wow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r_PLK7XTCw&feature=related same guy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn22CdDiQT4&list=FLsdGXZVKR-p6YdBAm2Cv7OQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video
tech everywhere

Vts

Smash Champion
idk, so for the tournament will you be able to see for teams?

cus i rather not lose to a team i know we can beat if it's bad eyes john lol

also gave 8 to second season of school rumble same as the first, had high points but so many low points, didn't really like a lot of the episodes , season one was solid all the time but didn't really have high points.

maybe i'm to demanding of this romance thing in a comedy romance/slice of life show.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
idk, so for the tournament will you be able to see for teams?

cus i rather not lose to a team i know we can beat if it's bad eyes john lol

also gave 8 to second season of school rumble same as the first, had high points but so many low points, didn't really like a lot of the episodes , season one was solid all the time but didn't really have high points.

maybe i'm to demanding of this romance thing in a comedy romance/slice of life show.
I'll just sit close. I also have these old glasses, though the off-centeredness, small frames, and scotch tape holding them together give me a headache after extended use.

You don't look to School Rumble for romantic payoff. Just 50 episodes of tension and blue balls, and hnnng moments with Eri and Yakumo.

And then you find out there IS payoff, and it's all the more glorious.
Check 'em, son.

When are you free today and the 'morrow?
Now, and after 6 Thursday.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
As soon as my bank stops being stupid I'm dropping 150 dollars into two decks that I've been working on for a long time. One is a modern white tokens deck and the other is that illusions deck I've been wanting for a long time.

The illusions deck just so happens to be standard, so bring it VTS.

:phone:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
As soon as my bank stops being stupid I'm dropping 150 dollars into two decks that I've been working on for a long time. One is a modern white tokens deck and the other is that illusions deck I've been wanting for a long time.

The illusions deck just so happens to be standard, so bring it VTS.

Give these cards a chance, you might find them useful to your illusions deck.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I'll just sit close. I also have these old glasses, though the off-centeredness, small frames, and scotch tape holding them together give me a headache after extended use.

You don't look to School Rumble for romantic payoff. Just 50 episodes of tension and blue balls, and hnnng moments with Eri and Yakumo.

And then you find out there IS payoff, and it's all the more glorious.

Also, Season 2 was way better then season 1, imo. It's all good, though.

Also

lol

I may or may not go see a movie with a broworker. After which I'll get ya.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
This is only in order because Arby made me do it.

1. The Place Promised in Our Early Days
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. FLCL
4. Gurren Lagann
5. Voices of a Distant Star
6. Clannad
7. .hack//sign
8. 5cm Per Second
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Usagi Drop

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
8^( my phone won't load the links. I'll watch them later.

With all this time I sit in this office doing nothing, I could get a few books finished.

Speaking of which, arby you should bring me some books to read. I promise I'll return them to you unharmed.

You can totally survive pivot drop knees on FD btw.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I've been talking alot of smack in the ganon boards. I'm actually feeling pretty confident, and pretty competent at the moment, although I haven't smashed but once with Arby in the last few weeks. We need to play again soon Arbs.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Despite the plagiarisms, most of those covers are pretty awesome.

For a second I thought I could hear flea in that Jeff Buckly song. You could probably replace their drummer and basest with flea and get the exact same sound. As far as the Can't Stop vid, it's definitely one of their best music videos. It isn't a real RHCP video if Anthony didn't take his shirt off. I'm going to have to relisten to By the Way and Stadium Arcadium to decide which one I like the most again. Omg this new album makes me mad. They need to get Frusciante back and drop that nobody josh.

To add a little more to your pivot drops. Try wall jumping out of a pivotless drop. I got it once.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Here's a cool idea. How about we each put together a mock band consisting of the artist we want to play together. Put the artist and their instrument. I'll go first.

Flea (bassist)
Carter Beauford (drummer)
Phil Collins (Vocalist)
Eric Clapton (Guitarist/Backup Vocalist)
Darrell Scott (mandolin/harmony vocals)

I'm addicted to this song again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt7HRJ7_rl4&feature=related

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Despite the plagiarisms, most of those covers are pretty awesome.

For a second I thought I could hear flea in that Jeff Buckly song. You could probably replace their drummer and basest with flea and get the exact same sound. As far as the Can't Stop vid, it's definitely one of their best music videos. It isn't a real RHCP video if Anthony didn't take his shirt off. I'm going to have to relisten to By the Way and Stadium Arcadium to decide which one I like the most again. Omg this new album makes me mad. They need to get Frusciante back and drop that nobody josh.

To add a little more to your pivot drops. Try wall jumping out of a pivotless drop. I got it once.
The Can't Stop video is an old family favorite of ours. Good energizer at 5:30 when you're waking up to catch the bus. And By the Way is amazing. Definitely their best. They're all great songs, and probably 10 of the 16 could have been radio hits then or today.

I haven't done a pivot drop on someone yet sadly. All in good time....
Here's a cool idea. How about we each put together a mock band consisting of the artist we want to play together. Put the artist and their instrument. I'll go first.
John Lennon - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
Paul McCartney - Bass Guitar, Vocals
George Harrison - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Ringo Starr - Drums

:troll:

Throw in Brian Wilson out of curiosity. Could be genius, could be trainwreck.
Eh, Fox Falcon on FD is bound to be frustrating, either for the players and/or the spectators. It's super gayness when both parties aren't constantly engaging each other (which Ghost certainly wasn't). I thought the other two matches had cooler stuff going on, especially this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4btreGjfM&feature=related
Dark is giving that falcon too much room to do what he wants. Most of his hits were pretty lucky, since he was reading terribly the whole time.
He obviously just wanted to rush him down based on built-up instincts from playing the guy so much, but it wasn't happening. So he slowed it down and read/reacted to Falcon's spammed defensive moves. Seriously idk what Ghost was thinking, he was literally throwing out knee knee knee knee knee jab jab jab... musta been the FD effect.

Top Bottom