• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ziv's response better be "Oh yes massa G Vice I do whatever you want oh yes please don't beat me no more massa yees sah!"
I agree with this as it is the typical response I ascertain from my underlings.

Also, FF4 aka FF2 cartridge for the SNES (WHICH by the way I own) is an amazing game. When Cecil upgrades from Dark Knight to Paladin? Gah.

That's a little nerd-gasm.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this as it is the typical response I ascertain from my underlings.

Also, FF4 aka FF2 cartridge for the SNES (WHICH by the way I own) is an amazing game. When Cecil upgrades from Dark Knight to Paladin? Gah.

That's a little nerd-gasm.
We can play it after VI if you want, although that would be a single-player venture... either way, those two games have been itching at me for far too long. It's time to get at them.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13978147&postcount=1673

oh goodness, the mewtwoking theme song

(that thread has a lot of great stuff in the couple pages before that post - giant analyses of marth from niko and pp, innovative/new stuff, trash talk)

How many here really think Marth is to bad to win a national again?
Cause if you really think so then I can guarantee you that everyone that think so is not the right person to become the best.

I really hope this is not everyone here that thinks so. I have been playing against the most great Marth players around the world and many of them are really good and have a lot of potentical. Niko/PPU/Tai is all really good and I hope you find the right way to think if you don't have that already (would love to play some games against HBK too sience I think you are the only great Marth player I haven't played against).

The thing is if you don't even think you can win then you should switch char or stop carrying about win.

"the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
LOL Armada with the Eleanor Roosevelt

it's nice

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I too own FF6 and FF4 carts for the SNES. I had to quit playing 6 and never played 4, cause there's something wrong with my SNES. Although I also have 4 on DS. I need to get 6. I was on the floating island part (maybe just passed). It's too good.

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I too own FF6 and FF4 carts for the SNES. I had to quit playing 6 and never played 4, cause there's something wrong with my SNES. Although I also have 4 on DS. I need to get 6. I was on the floating island part (maybe just passed). It's too good.

Yeah, bro you gotta beat that game. Tell me you've beaten Chrono Trigger at least??

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I can't the graphics are so BAD!
Troll harder son. I saw you play that game, and it captivated you still even after 17 years. That game is a foundational part of my childhood, with some of the other great SNES rpg's.

Arby btw, I'm not gonna be able to smash today, but I should be good tomorrow. Stuff came up.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Anyone like James Blake's music? It's a post-dubstep style that if very interesting and chillaxin.
It's one of those albums you either get or you don't, and I don't :( No matter how many times I try.
Arby btw, I'm not gonna be able to smash today, but I should be good tomorrow. Stuff came up.
:(

I guess I'm ready whenever you are Seif.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
No tengo dinero, pero mas importante que estoy cansado y no quiera ir al Memphis. Quiera relajarse.

N'EST-CE PAS!?!?!
I no have money, but more important because I am tired and I no want go to the Memphis. I want to relax myself.

so rusty is rusty at his spanish skills, the only word that I can think of that quiera could be is the failed conjugation of querer. I form conjugates to quiero. Not quiera.
Bringing out my spanish 2 skillz. We also don't want to know what relaxing yourself entails.

I have no idea what N'est-ce pas means.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I no have money, but more important because I am tired and I no want go to the Memphis. I want to relax myself.

so rusty is rusty at his spanish skills, the only word that I can think of that quiera could be is the failed conjugation of querer. I form conjugates to quiero. Not quiera.
Bringing out my spanish 2 skillz. We also don't want to know what relaxing yourself entails.

I have no idea what N'est-ce pas means.
Boy don't even try. That directly translates to "I have no money, but more importantly I am tired and do not want to go to Memphis. I want to relax." Ur Spanish 2 skillz would make a cactus weep.

Quiera is the subjunctive first person conjugation of querer. Subjunctive was introduced in Spanish 2, you have no excuse. NO EXCUSE. I was also taught reflexive verbs (relajarse) in Spanish 2, but maybe Arkadelphia is too white for good Spanish classes.

N'est-ce pas is one of the most common and widespread of French phrases. It basically means "No?" or "Is that not so?" You've probably heard it if not seen it: "Nez pah?"

You suck at everything, come back when you're off the teat.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Boy don't even try. That directly translates to "I have no money, but more importantly I am tired and do not want to go to Memphis. I want to relax." Ur Spanish 2 skillz would make a cactus weep.

Quiera is the subjunctive first person conjugation of querer. Subjunctive was introduced in Spanish 2, you have no excuse. NO EXCUSE. I was also taught reflexive verbs (relajarse) in Spanish 2, but maybe Arkadelphia is too white for good Spanish classes.

N'est-ce pas is one of the most common and widespread of French phrases. It basically means "No?" or "Is that not so?" You've probably heard it if not seen it: "Nez pah?"

You suck at everything, come back when you're off the teat.
I don't think the subjunctive was introduced in spanish two. I don't remember it from Senor Mac. Subjunctive is dum anyway even in English so it will be just as dumb and useless in spanish.

Reflexive verbs are taught in spanish two. And as a spanish 3 student you should realize my joke on the "I want to relax myself" since it literally means that. It just doesn't really mean that. And shouldn't the se be me anyway since you're talking about yourself?

And Arkadelphia is most certainly too white for good Spanish classes. Actually our whole language department is a joke.

The n'est-ce pas I have most certainly seen before. You just throwing it in a spanish dialogue was dumb. Just like you. HUMANITIES MAJOR. Buuurn.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the subjunctive was introduced in spanish two. I don't remember it from Senor Mac. Subjunctive is dum anyway even in English so it will be just as dumb and useless in spanish.
Pretty sure expressing hopes and desires is somewhat essential. You can't excuse your embarrassing IGNORANCE. NooOOOoOooOOoob.
Reflexive verbs are taught in spanish two. And as a spanish 3 student you should realize my joke on the "I want to relax myself" since it literally means that. It just doesn't really mean that. And shouldn't the se be me anyway since you're talking about yourself?
ur mom

Also, that's the infinitive form following quiera.
The n'est-ce pas I have most certainly seen before. You just throwing it in a spanish dialogue was dumb. Just like you. HUMANITIES MAJOR. Buuurn.
Nothing wrong with sharing the love. Knowledge is a republic, not a monarchy! Everything deserves some representation.

Stick to your speciality, science major. Run on back to the lab.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Welp, just finished moving into the hotel. I start work in 30 mins. I never thought I would ever get a hospitality job, but the job was just too good to pass up. Oh well, this will be a good way for me to get past my social deficiencies.

:'( the only Internet I have now is on my phone. I so sad!

I've started to take another look at RHCP and this song is becoming one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZ9Pjbt3W4&feature=related

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I just started amnesia the dark descent and I just have to say....**** this game. First horror game not just to make me jump when it wants me to jump, cause fear did that too, but to make me so tense I want to quit. Every single second you think something is going to come out and **** you up. Build up of tension that makes me want to scream.

I recommend for any fellow horror game lovers.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Ok, I found some cool things with falcon today when I was playing by myself. So I found a way to instantly pivot on a ledge consistently. Here is how to do just that. While you are dash dancing with falcon and when he pivots to run the opposite direction, he is in a moon-walking position. In order to run off an edge and pivot at the same time, you must hit the edge with that moon-walking position. This kind of tech skill is in the fox level, because it varies depending on how far you are from the edge and how fast you pivot. I have accomplished this at least 5 times in a row before. There is also a frame where you can fall off without pivoting, which means no horizontal movement. The point of this is to mind game your opponent.

Another cool trick, which you guys might already know about, is ledge-canceling falcons forward-b on a platform. If you forward-b a split second after you fall off a platform falcon will ledge cancel the other side. What makes this cool is you can do it multiple times in a row. I've pulled it off 7 times in a row back and forth until I messed up.

Here's where it really gets cool. I eventually got the idea to combined the two tricks above, but I only got it to work once for me. What I did was, run off the top platform on dreamland -> forward-b ledge cancel off the other side -> pivot when I ledge canceled into a falcon punch with no horizontal movement onto the bottom platform. It sounds cool, but it looked even cooler. This is ridiculously hard to do, but it's just a testament showing how hard falcon is.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Ok, I found some cool things with falcon today when I was playing by myself. So I found a way to instantly pivot on a ledge consistently. Here is how to do just that. While you are dash dancing with falcon and when he pivots to run the opposite direction, he is in a moon-walking position. In order to run off an edge and pivot at the same time, you must hit the edge with that moon-walking position. This kind of tech skill is in the fox level, because it varies depending on how far you are from the edge and how fast you pivot. I have accomplished this at least 5 times in a row before. There is also a frame where you can fall off without pivoting, which means no horizontal movement. The point of this is to mind game your opponent.

Another cool trick, which you guys might already know about, is ledge-canceling falcons forward-b on a platform. If you forward-b a split second after you fall off a platform falcon will ledge cancel the other side. What makes this cool is you can do it multiple times in a row. I've pulled it off 7 times in a row back and forth until I messed up.

Here's where it really gets cool. I eventually got the idea to combined the two tricks above, but I only got it to work once for me. What I did was, run off the top platform on dreamland -> forward-b ledge cancel off the other side -> pivot when I ledge canceled into a falcon punch with no horizontal movement onto the bottom platform. It sounds cool, but it looked even cooler. This is ridiculously hard to do, but it's just a testament showing how hard falcon is.
I did forward tilt to slap the other day. :embarrass:

Top Bottom