• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
hey saberguy, viewtiful jon said that we are not playing on tv's we are playing on projectors and that they have all that they need.
i think i would rather play on tv's but smash is smash as long as there is no lag from the projectors.:laugh:

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I would rather play on tvs also but I have voiced my openion and it was shot down. They couldnt get a Wii so it will be a cash prize. And if I heard right its been bumped to $10. Team prize will be some gift cards to local game stores.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Projectors = Bad. I think I am going to bring a setup just in case, so if the projectors lag we will have at least one TV, might just leave it sitting in my car.

Cash prize is cool, was hoping for a wii but maybe there will be enough cash to buy one lol, don't think so though, especially if half is going to that foundation or whatever. Jon you should edit your first post in the tourny thread about the new changes.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
When is the nearest tournament in arkansas that is after the 20th? Does anyone know? I wanna host one at my place, can anyone give me suggestions as when to do it? It has to be after the 20th at least... It will be held in jacksonville... any one of you guys from STFU got any ideas on prizes....setups....I will probably start a thread soon... I can also have it setup kinda like the bi weeklies on the weekends in between the biweeklies so those in arkansas have a chance to get better in tournaments...

chamberlin

Smash Ace
When is the nearest tournament in arkansas that is after the 20th? Does anyone know? I wanna host one at my place, can anyone give me suggestions as when to do it? It has to be after the 20th at least... It will be held in jacksonville... any one of you guys from STFU got any ideas on prizes....setups....I will probably start a thread soon... I can also have it setup kinda like the bi weeklies on the weekends in between the biweeklies so those in arkansas have a chance to get better in tournaments...
Errm... I think there's bi-weeklies and some tourny in Oklahoma that's suppose to be pretty big(IE, Darkrain and maybe other big names are coming). Some bi-weeklies can be pretty big, and they usually keep me content. I would like to go to that Oklahoma tourny if I have the funds to do so.

A Jacksonville tourny at your place or wherever is cool. If it's a little after December 20th that means it'll be during Christmas break, so hopefully a decent amount of people will come.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Saberguy, is it cool if I come up tomorrow? Say around 5-6 p.m. and leave at like 11 p.m.
Yeah that's cool, 37 CR 7598 Jonesboro, AR, 72401 is my address. Call me when you get into Jonesboro (From the way you come you will probably come in right next to a Wendy's which will be on your right.) and I will come and let you follow me at the Wendy's, much easier to do that then to explain how to get to my house lol.

I just looked at the mapquest, it doesn't consider my house to be inside of jonesboro (Which I am not.) so it takes you someplace different, so you will have to follow me anyway lol.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Biweekley this friday. I am 100% positive i will NOT be going to this no matter what. Work has gone to the next level of gayness. Kinda like a Luigi that does nothing but span down B. Or like a Fox that spams upsmash, up air, and shine wavedash Freeupsmash!. Or like a Falcon that spams Knees and double stomps. Or a Marth that chaingrabs from hell. Anyway i wont be able to go. But i will be going to hillmele. That is all

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
omg... LVL9 this is what you do. You walk up to the military and say "HEY, Im going to a nintendo video game tournament, you got that?!?!" Then report back to me and let me know what they said.

^You know you cant l-cancle in twilight princess cause I b noob stabbin all over the place^

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
lvl9- sucks you cant go to the biweekly, you should have taken leave. And i can understand a luigi that spams down b's, sounds familiar, j/k. we need to play before the hillmelee.

yohnyaul- im down for a tourny in the ville, but im might be gone for three days right after christmas.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
Hey guys..... I am gonna be back between the 18th and the 20th of december... I don't get to decide when. I can have the tournament the weekend after the 18th or the 20th depending on what day I get back. I will host it but can u guys help with arrangements. The price will be the usual biweekly prices with Standard Mlg rules... I can host it but I will make a thread later for this... I think that STFU should host it... how does that sound... keep looking for the thread.....

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
So I got my first ever crick in my neck, I can't look down or right without it hurting like hell. Good times.

Vjon- When you are like 10 minutes away from Jonesboro or something like that call me so I can meet you at that Wendy's.

ACE - I would like a STFU hosted tourny.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I think I may go. Maybe this time me and Saber can have some sweet teams action.

I would have to wake up at like 8:30 on Saturday to get there though. *shudders* I would have been at the last tourny on time, but when I got my friend's apartment to pick people up, they weren't even awake...

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm working with my friend who is managing the tournament, he is supposed to speak with the owner of GameForce and trying to get him to have it a cash prize tourny (60/30/10) for singles and doubles with Gameforce taking about 10% of the pot. If it works out like that then it's going to be a very good tourny. Already expecting about 20+ people there (Locals/newbs) so more moolah for us =)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
GameForce is just a random game company, and they are the people that are having the tourny. I'm not gonna make a thread about it cause the owner doesn't want a lot of people there.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I am missing all the tournaments that I would've won :(

Oh well it is ok becuz I am back to smash in 12 days....... get ready.....

We gotta all smash that week when I get back.... it will probably be on a monday... what day does eveyone wanna smash as a crew?

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Would someone post the Info for this "mysterious" tourney here then. I have no idea what u guys are talking about.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'll post the info here whenever I talk to my friend and everything is situated. The prize might change so I am holding off on telling where in case it's a crappy prize.

Lvl9 - Check your PM's.

shroom

Smash Cadet
what is the date? I think it shouldn't be to soon most colleges are getting out within the next five to ten days. That could bring more people.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
So yeah double post time for an update about Jonesboro, the prize is just going to be a gift certificate for about $40-50 dollars for GameForce. The more people that show up the better the certificate will be, we need a minimum of 10 people for the tourny to commence, we have about 5 signed up right now with about 3 others coming who aren't, so if 2 or more of you guys wanna come up just for fun or to crash and play smash up there and at my house that would be cool. Oh, it starts at 1 o clock not at 11 on Saturday. I have enough room to house about 5 people (Or if the floor is fine for some around 20 rofl.)

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I gladdly come if I can get a ride. There is a chance I could get the car from my girlfriend again tho (god I need to bring my car next sem.).

By the way LvL9, did you ever find out anything about leaving this great land of the free?

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go. I really don't wanna drive again, but I'll do it if I have to... I don't know who wants to come with me, 'cause I haven't asked yet.

Anybody else wanna drive? >> <<

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I would if I could my friend. Next sem Ill have my car so I will drive more. But I will put up some gas money. And if there is room, Sarg was wanting to go if every one was going, so Im sure he will put up some gas money.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Okay...so I just heard that the Jonesboro tourny was canceled so...That sucks big time. You guys could still come to my house if you wanted lol. I talked to my friend who works there and apparently the owner decided to call it off cause of the holidays or something like that. :(

Maybe some other time...

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Okay...so I just heard that the Jonesboro tourny was canceled so...That sucks big time. You guys could still come to my house if you wanted lol. I talked to my friend who works there and apparently the owner decided to call it off cause of the holidays or something like that. :(

Maybe some other time...
Gayzorz. I think I should probobly stay home and study. :( The tourny was a good excuse not to study, but now I should probobly just catch up on school before finals and everything.

Top Bottom