• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ARK IV - 8 games, ~200 people, Feat. Marn, JWong, + More!

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Sure thing; just PM me your number and I'll give you details on how to get to my place next week. I'm about to head to Houston for a Brawl tourney there this weekend and I'll be back on Monday. Can't wait to meet you and play you =)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
So, got some news... mostly for YOSH but also for anyone else who cares.

I know I said I was positive we were going to come down for the tournament but my girlfriend just said she might have found a ride from Texas and can hang out with me from Thursday till Sunday. I would take her with me to the tourney but she's not really a gamer and wouldn't have a good time...

So basically, I've got 3 options. Don't go to the tournament, take her with me, or let her stay at home. I've pretty much come down to the decision that if she can get a ride and her dad is fine with her staying with me, then I won't go to the tournament :ohwell: and I won't be able to get a shirt; however, if she can't come (also :ohwell: ) then I will go to the tournament.

So I'm really sorry for the wishy-washy answer YOSH... I hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Right now, until she finds out the answer, I'm on the fence...

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
So, got some news... mostly for YOSH but also for anyone else who cares.

I know I said I was positive we were going to come down for the tournament but my girlfriend just said she might have found a ride from Texas and can hang out with me from Thursday till Sunday. I would take her with me to the tourney but she's not really a gamer and wouldn't have a good time...

So basically, I've got 3 options. Don't go to the tournament, take her with me, or let her stay at home. I've pretty much come down to the decision that if she can get a ride and her dad is fine with her staying with me, then I won't go to the tournament :ohwell: and I won't be able to get a shirt; however, if she can't come (also :ohwell: ) then I will go to the tournament.

So I'm really sorry for the wishy-washy answer YOSH... I hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Right now, until she finds out the answer, I'm on the fence...
It's all good man, we all got priorities. (ALTHOUGH YOUR #1 PRIORITY SHOULD BE ARK IV!) ;)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
It's all good man, we all got priorities. (ALTHOUGH YOUR #1 PRIORITY SHOULD BE ARK IV!) ;)
Leaning towards going now. My gf probably won't be able to come up due to her parent's being out of town and needing her to watch the house/animals. So, keep that shirt reserved and that spot open for me YOSH.

Just curious, how many shirts are left?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Leaning towards going now. My gf probably won't be able to come up due to her parent's being out of town and needing her to watch the house/animals. So, keep that shirt reserved and that spot open for me YOSH.

Just curious, how many shirts are left?
Awesome. Can't wait to see ya!

Gotcha down for a small. Here's what we have left.

Sizes: 7 S, 7 M, 10 L 4 XL 1 XXL

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Don't worry man. My place is open if you need it, so just let me know whenever you can.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to see how good the melee community is in Fayetteville. I was living in Fayetteville, but I decided to go to ualr just for melee.
We suck... At least my group does. I literally JUST got into melee when the project m demo came out and had to convince everyone I play with that it's really good.

So we'eve been playing a lot since school started, but not much before that.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, OK Melee is showing some pretty strong interest. It seems like we've definitely got DualCats, Scuddlefish, Po Pimpus, The Irish Dude, and myself on board, we're working on getting KOS-MOS to go, and I should be able to help Gravity make it (unless he actually has work).

We're looking to get confirmed housing, though. Arby told us that Ace, Vts, Saberguy/Seif, or, as a last resort, he himself could house us. From reading the thread, it looks like Ace is already housing people, but could we confirm a housing arrangement with Vts or Saberguy/Seif?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I'll check on this for you. From what I understand, Ace has a big house, but I've never seen it so he may be full.

EDIT: Also, everyone who came to ARK III should note that ARK IV is at a DIFFERENT LOCATION.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Zinth- Seif said he can probably house 5-6. That what we're looking at with your group?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Our group is actually going to be more along the lines of 5-7, I think. Would Seif be able to house as many as 7 of us?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Our group is actually going to be more along the lines of 5-7, I think. Would Seif be able to house as many as 7 of us?
You'll all get housed in some place or the other as long as you can bring a pillow and some type of covers. Beds/couches may run out, but floor space can be found anywhere.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I think we need to get a head count. Also, you should call Andy and guilt-trip him into coming.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we can probably get away with 7. It'll be a tight fit though, but as long yall don't mind sleeping on the floor it'll be just fine.

My address is

400 N University
Little Rock AR

Apt 713

I have to work Friday night so if you arrive late you'll need to contact Saberguy for any additional info.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Yeah, we can probably get away with 7. It'll be a tight fit though, but as long yall don't mind sleeping on the floor it'll be just fine.

My address is

400 N University
Little Rock AR

Apt 713

I have to work Friday night so if you arrive late you'll need to contact Saberguy for any additional info.
Thank you, sir. Also, would you mind PMing me your phone number? I suck at driving and will definitely get lost. A lot.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, jack is already an official part of Arkansas.
Yoshiman: (479) 684-7770
^False

anyway I was thinking we could also do draft crews and try to make them as even as possible if that is what people would rather do, I really just want to play some crews so I can yell at obscene volume levels :awesome:

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Of course the leader of the bloodline will be there to knee as much people as possible, lol
I'll probably enter Melee and MVC3 since that's all I play now. Just make sure you bring all of your smash powers I want to be totally owned when I get there.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Now I really wish I could go. :(

9 Hours is just too far though. :/

Will you guys be having another one of these sometime soon?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion

I definitely understand. 9 hours is definitely pushing it when flying isn't as cheap as it is on the west coast, and add that to the short notice you have. Hope you can manage to make it to the next one we have!

The ARK tourneys have been once every 6 - 8 months or so.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

ARK tournaments have been twice a year but we're probably going to transition to once a year. We're thinking the next one will be in April, but not sure.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Results posted: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311110

BONUS OFFER

If you visit The Traveling Circus's site (http://thetravelingcircus.net/) and comment on the Results thread (the above link) with your favorite shirt style (i.e. PHX - White) then for one lucky winner, we'll BUY YOU THAT SHIRT and ship it to you FREE OF CHARGE. Throw in how much you like The Traveling Circus for bonus points :D. This is open to EVERYONE so even if you didn't show up to the event, you may still win a shirt from The Traveling Circus on us! Find out if you're a winner via our Twitter @ARKTourney! The winner will be announced one week from today.

Top Bottom