• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ARK IV - 8 games, ~200 people, Feat. Marn, JWong, + More!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm planning on flying into LIT Friday night with another Texan, any chance for pickup/housing? We can help pay for rides/gas of course.

We play Marvel/Melee if you're trying to pair us up with like-minded gamers :)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
That is a good idea! >.>

Possibly along with group showers.

T-shirt size: Large plz
Haha yeah. I'll get you down for a Large as well.
lol, this sounds more of a 2d fighter tourney.
There will be a lot of Marvel/SF, yes, but we're hoping there will be just as much hype for Smash. There's always been some surprises with our Melee and Brawl tournaments and I'd like to say our state has a pretty high skill level when it comes to Smash (regionally anyway). I guess we'll see though at ARK IV :)
I'm planning on flying into LIT Friday night with another Texan, any chance for pickup/housing? We can help pay for rides/gas of course.

We play Marvel/Melee if you're trying to pair us up with like-minded gamers :)
I can probably pick you guys up and take you to the guys that are housing Melee if you want. I'll see if they can do it, but if they can't then I will. Just PM me your contact info and I'll send you mine and we'll arrange things.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can 2 or 3 melee players get some housing for this maybe?

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
If Kos-Mos comes and Dart comes and Ihsb comes, there will be too much melee talent for one room just right there.
But besides that we have people coming from almost every state that is next to Arkansas for melee, and all of Arkansas is pretty much showing up too and we ain't too shabby either :awesome:
Though truthfully, some out-of-stater is probably going to go home with the ssbm prize :urg:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
can 2 or 3 melee players get some housing for this maybe?
Yup. I'll let the guy know. He told me to post on here and he'll come in and give his info. I'll make it the next post just to give it its own space haha. The "House of Melee" should have people from Texas, Louisiana, and Missouri all in the same spot!
If you can't get in contact with him, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.
Though truthfully, some out-of-stater is probably going to go home with the ssbm prize :urg:
Psssh. Have some faith!
Arkansas Melee is taking it home. I believe! :bee:

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Alright Housing for Smash players:

Melee Hosts:
AR_ACE
Arbustos

Brawl Hosts:
YOSH (not the Melee player)

I'll get them to each come in here and give info as to how much room they have and contact info.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
All Brawl players that need housing, please send me a private message or post in this thread ASAP. I can't use my phone at work and my schedule this weekend is pretty crazy, so a message on here is the best way for me to keep track of everything. I should have enough room for all that need it. Whenever my crazy weekend is over, I'll post my contact info and address and all that stuff (as long as Max reminds me).

In your message to me, try to let me know how many people are coming with you and when you'll be arriving. I have two TVs and two Wiis, so unless like 20 people need to house with me, that should be good enough for practicing.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yoshiman and I can take five or so. It's a college apartment on the UALR campus, about twenty minutes from Ace's place :bluejump:

address:
2801 S. University Avenue
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204

Yoshiman's #
479-684-7770

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much guys. I have ACE's number as well but I'm not sure if he wants me to give it out. If you need housing and Arbustos is filled up, let me know and I'll talk to ACE.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wish I had a place to help housing. But I will definitely be there for the tourney. And I hope to get a ton of friendlies in with you guys from other states!!

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Due to a change in someone else's plans, I can no longer attend ARK. :(

This means that my t-shirt reservation is now void, but Wiggins may still show up with another friend.

I have to stay at home and take care of things that weekend. I was so hyped for this, too.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Due to a change in someone else's plans, I can no longer attend ARK. :(

This means that my t-shirt reservation is now void, but Wiggins may still show up with another friend.

I have to stay at home and take care of things that weekend. I was so hyped for this, too.
Boo. Take care of things this weekend!

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
So far I am housing 3 people from LA and 2 smashers from TX. I can fit 5 or 6 comfortably and more if needed since I have a free living room and spare bedroom. I am scheduled to work on that monday after th tourney until about 5 pm so if any needed a ride to the air port I wont until later then that.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
So far I am housing 3 people from LA and 2 smashers from TX. I can fit 5 or 6 comfortably and more if needed since I have a free living room and spare bedroom. I am scheduled to work on that monday after th tourney until about 5 pm so if any needed a ride to the air port I wont until later then that.
I am taking another guy to the airport at ~6 AM or so, so if the Texas guys want to go around that time I can probably take them.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I wish I could go to this so bad . . . Thanks for the Forest mention btw.

[edit]

Woah, who exactly from LA is coming to this?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

[edit]

There should be about 20+ people coming from Louisiana. I think 5-10 from NOLA area, 5-10 from Shreveport. That's from people who have messaged me to confirm attendance.

Why can't you come though? And I wish I had something better for Forest. I'd like to have a memorial video to air on the stream if you know someone who has one.

Wiggins

Smash Ace

[edit]

late response, lol.

Me and a friend from Northwest Louisiana(Bossier/Shreveport area) will be there(and possibly one more) for melee and MvC3. I might enter SF4. I don't know, though. I don't have my fightstick at the moment. :p

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
late response, lol.

Me and a friend from Northwest Louisiana(Bossier/Shreveport area) will be there(and possibly one more) for melee and MvC3. I might enter SF4. I don't know, though. I don't have my fightstick at the moment. :p
I'm sure someone will let you borrow their TE stick if you need one for the tournament.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...............

I really want to come to this... And I should cause I'm in Fayetteville. But I doubt any of my friends would be willing to make the drive (we aren't great but we're practicing...) and I don't even know where I'd ask to stay (I WANT to play Melee but I'm much much better at Brawl).

If I decide not to go, could I still get a shirt? Like have someone ship it or something (if there are any still available)?

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...............

I really want to come to this... And I should cause I'm in Fayetteville. But I doubt any of my friends would be willing to make the drive (we aren't great but we're practicing...) and I don't even know where I'd ask to stay (I WANT to play Melee but I'm much much better at Brawl).

If I decide not to go, could I still get a shirt? Like have someone ship it or something (if there are any still available)?
Lol if you live in Fayetteville, you should DEFINITELY come to this. This is Arkansas only major fighting game tournament and we need support from everyone in the state! Plus, if you have ANY interest in non Smash fighting games, you'll get to see pretty much the country's best player in multiple fighting games (Justin Wong) as well as Marn who's an execution freak.

Also this tournament is more about having fun than actually winning. Who cares if you go 0-2 if you have a great time? That's my opinion anyway. We'll be having an after-party afterwards for those 21 and over. The Melee guys have also arranged another afterparty for Smashers who don't want to or can't attend the "official" afterparty. And let's not forget the experience you'll get as well as the people you'll meet. It's really a great experience and I'd heavily encourage coming (if you couldn't tell lol). I'd recommend staying with the Brawl crew though since I think the "House of Melee" is filling up. Anything you need though, let me know and I'll make calls or send texts to get you hooked up.

If you don't want to go by yourself, there's a TON of people from that area coming down that can probably carpool with you.

If you want to find more people, there's the Facebook group (this is for the entire Arkansas Fighting Game Network, but tbh there aren't a ton of active Smashers that talk on it) here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/
As well as the ARK IV Facebook Event page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220339054662722
And the Arkansas Smash (pretty much just Melee) thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74229

You can still get a shirt either way. The only thing is, you'd either have to have someone pick it up or pay a little more for S&H. Your choice though. Hope you can make it! Tournaments like this are very rare in Arkansas. 200+ people here JUST to play fighting games? Insane!

But of course I'm biased, I'm the Tournament Organizer ;)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Do try your hardest to come down man. If you do get a ride from someone in the Fayetteville area, let me know when they're coming. I can house you on Friday night and Saturday night, and we'll play Brawl at my place as much as possible. Even if you go 0-2 in the tournament, you'll get loads better in a short amount of time. Kirby and I are the top 2 players in Arkansas, and he should be staying with me those nights as well, so if you can stay with us, you'll get to hang with the best Arkansas can offer, and you'll definitely learn a lot.

As far as getting a ride, I don't know if they'll have spots open or not, but you should search for Sam Parker in the Arkansas Fighting Game Network. He's located in the Fayetteville area, and I'm 99% sure he and his crew are driving down for this.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Not too worried about a ride but I may have a couple people coming with me. So if you can fit 2-3 people (myself included), we'd be super grateful! I'll shoot you a pm later when I'm back at home around 3.

:phone:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Definitely. I can house all of you no problem. One of you will have to fight over the couch though. Are the other people Brawl as well?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Heh, well I will do my best to give you all I've got. If I do my part, you'll learn to fear Yoshi after the weekend's over.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey, Austin is still looking forward to going to this. When will we know which console 3SO will be played on? My 360 stick is sort of busted but my PS3 stick works fine.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Austin is still looking forward to going to this. When will we know which console 3SO will be played on? My 360 stick is sort of busted but my PS3 stick works fine.
It's on 360 which is due to 1) complaints that the PS3 timing might be more "off" from arcade (may or may not be true, but we're doing this just to be safe) and 2) our other Capcom games are already on 360, so it prevents people from having to bring two sticks or dual mod their sticks. Hope to see you guys there!

I'm sure people will let you borrow their stick if you ask.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Heh, well I will do my best to give you all I've got. If I do my part, you'll learn to fear Yoshi after the weekend's over.
Oh hush Jeff, I never even play brawl and I keep up with your Yoshi with GANON

and let's not even talk about my mario's destruction ;)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion

Ha, right, if I actually PLAYED the MU like I know I'm supposed to (really gay, but I don't wanna do that to you because I know you already don't like Brawl to begin with), then I'd comfortably 2-stock if not 3-stock you every game if you're Ganon.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman

Them's fighting words.
G. Vice vs. YOSHssb Pride Match at ARK IV!
For the honor of Melee/Brawl!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Them's fighting words.
G. Vice vs. YOSHssb Pride Match at ARK IV!
For the honor of Melee/Brawl!
Let's do it!!

I'll play Mario to the best of my abilities, and I wager I'll win (not really).

Lol I know, I was trolling you Jeff, you destroy my Ganon enough sandbagging as is =p

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Let's do it!!

I'll play Mario to the best of my abilities, and I wager I'll win (not really).

Lol I know, I was trolling you Jeff, you destroy my Ganon enough sandbagging as is =p
Heh, we should play Melee. My Yoshi vs your Ganon. If I take ONE stock off you, I win =)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Heh, we should play Melee. My Yoshi vs your Ganon. If I take ONE stock off you, I win =)
Me and one other friend are for sure coming now, we don't know about the other guy yet though. Do you want me to send you my number or something?

You can still get a shirt either way. The only thing is, you'd either have to have someone pick it up or pay a little more for S&H. Your choice though.
As stated above, I will be at ARK IV. If you have any left, I'd like to reserve a small shirt :D, put it under the name Axiom though, not PurDi.

Also, do we know if there are going to be any very well known smash players coming? I'd like to do some video interviews with some to inspire the club I'm creating and the University.*Hint hint: if anyone goes to UArk Fayetteville, contact me!*

Top Bottom