• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a pre-WHOBO smashfest at my place starting after 12 on wednesday.

it sounds like we'll have beefy, Gah, B_ste, K9, and possibly anjila and yoshiken so please come and help us prepare for WHOBO!!

I live at 17802 N. 43rd place, phoenix AZ, 85032

if you get lost/ have questions you can call or text me at (480)-543-0586

I'm also providing snacks and drinks so you can text me what you want me to get

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
lol I can see anjila on it, she's been doing really good

but for PR preview you should just post "see latest tourney results"

for the most part that is...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ANYBODY GOING TO WHOBO 3 PLEASE READ THIS! Here are some quick last minute details you MUST know before you head out to the venue.

1. WHOBO 3 is THIS friday aka 18th aka 2 days from now.

2. The address to the venue is Crowne Plaza Hotel, 8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK FOR THE ADDRESS!

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be early. Rodeo Houston is going on the same weekend as WHOBO 3 so the streets/parking lots/parking garages will be PACKED with THOUSANDS of people. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be on time. I WILL NOT be afraid to DQ you for not showing up. I dont care if you came in from Uganda or Mars, i WILL dq yo *** if you are late.

4. Parking AT the venue will cost you 20$ per DAY so please print out this voucher and bring it with you so that you get a 10$ per day discount.

http://www.animematsuri.com/ParkingVoucher.pdf

Parking anywhere else MAY or MAY NOT cost you money but be sure to bring extra money(just in case) and please arrive early so u can get GOOD parking spots.

5. BRING YOUR ID. In order to pick up your pass/buy a pass(55$) you need an ID. School ID with your name will work. Driver license will work. Government ID will work. Passport will work. A stick figure drawing of your face will NOT work.

6. PLEASE bring a FULL setup(wii/tv/ssbb). If you seriously cannot bring a tv, please bring a wii/ssbb.

7. Here is the schedule one last time:

Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave=free

Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3 pm - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(1$ per person)
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave=free

Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME

8. If possible(no obligation), please pay for your tournament fees with 5$ or 1$ bills. It helps me make change for the people who bring 20$/50$/100$ bills.

9. Please re-read numbers 1-8.

10. If you have any questions about anything at ALL, please go here rules/fees/maps/info/livestream/twitter...ect http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843 and then call me at 409-692-0697 if the thread didnt help you enough.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol, a rave?

They always have a "rave" on the last day of Comic-Con. Never any fun though

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
thanks man

There were only ever, like, 3 people dancing. And none of them were in costumes.

I wanted to get down with a couple of Chun-Li's

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to everyone going to Whobo, hope you all do extremely well at the tournament.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
So I'm going to guess that we aren't having a Brawl this Saturday becuase of Whobo?

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Ominous brought up a good point. Are we still having a smashfest this Saturday for those not going to Whobo?

k9.

Smash Ace
its was going to be at the gamers inn but the maneger didn't get back to kevin so we dont know yet.

But me yoshiken, anjila and alex are playing brawl right now if your down to come play.

Hey panelist do the PR already. You guys should let me be a panelist lol

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Yoshiken, are you taking Prevv to the smashfest tomorrow? If there is one tomorrow, at least.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Well, do you know what time he comes back from his camping trip? I could take you guys if he doesn't get back too late.

Someone needs to give me clear cut info on what is happening with the smashfest tomorrow.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I just called Gamer's Inn like a second ago, and they said that they are having a big pokemon tournament today and have no room for anything else. However, the guy did say that he is going to make the brawl scene a priority for the company since we have a better turnout of customers than other events.

Dang, I was really hoping to play some brawl too.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Good job to whoever found the venue... It's nice, very spacious. I'll definitely be showing up more if we keep going there.

And yes on the regional! That would be so ****

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I think it was K9 that found it.

And having a regional tournament would be awesome.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo AZ Brawl scene! Alb tournament is June 11th. My bro and I are housing any and all AZ smashers who wanna come and join the festivities. I expect to see alot of you come out here again and rep.

Yo Kira and Darklink! I'm calling you both out ;) I will MM either of you in brawl!

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if I can make ju8ne 11th my work homies got ***** this weekend

WHOBO was a blast and even though I didn't make it out of pools I played well overall. not only was I adequate but I got compliments. the amazing players made all of my flaws seem so glaringly obvious that working on my kirb almost sounds easy. I could actually win a match or two or get props from good players from time to time :D

AND PEOPLE AREN'T BANNING BRINSTAR ON ME EVERY GODDAMN MATCH! that and a lot of my cute little tricks worked very effectively. it's always good to have a fresh group to play

I believe I took 4th in my pool, I think I beat the 4th and took a game off seeds 2 and 3 (I know redhalberd sandagged really hard match for 1 though) then again I have no idea for sure until results are posted

also silly kyle beat Germ

W00T!

there's a place called playas in new mexico XD host a tourney there

20 hour drive... I'm dead now.... goodnight

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Wow, Kyle! 25th in Brawl singles, 13th in Brawl doubles, 2nd in Melee singles, and then 2nd in Melee doubles. Good stuff!!

Yeah, Gah also went, and I think Rave Remix, too.

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
remix went somewhere else that was on the way gah went too, his pools was pretty scary though. he had smoom and hylian and tyrant in his pool, it looked like it sucked.

Top Bottom