• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
i need to get a wii and brawl if i want to get better :p

lucas trip lock <3

i also see smiley as a really great gnw just need to stop sding!!!!!
<3

Thanks, I don't really care about being the best GW or whatever, though. Just the most awesome :awesome:

I die a lot trying to do awesome things, but in the end I think it'll make me a better player, it'll force me to adapt faster since I have to make up for all the stupid things I do.

Saffy

Smash Ace
^ Dang is that a salty insult to the other G&W player....
Also I texted you back like 3 times and no response y... ?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
People I talk to tell me I'm harder to play against but ominous has outplaced me at both the tourneys we both attended

I'm probably just flashier though, i've always considered Ominous and I about the same Gdubs wise, but it really doesn't matter to me. Like I said, being the best Gdubs is a smalltime goal, nobody uses him. I just wanna be a GOOD player. And maybe best Bowser, which i'm gonna start using in tourney. I care about being good with him more than Gdubs.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
so phx isnt going to tucson tourney. from what it looks like there wont be many brawl players going in tucson or some will be really late. smiley, hector, derp and lance cant go. jane. if kyle wont enter then tommy wont if he cant make it to brawl singles.

also with the change of venue at a house that may take longer for the tourney to finish. theres only 1 current carpool that was going to take about 9 ppl. so the others dont want to waste the money or time in back of a truck for about 3 hours to go to a house to maybe play only 2 other brawl players.

we are just going to setup a big round robin at raves and try to get more phx ppl to come. we have about 10 right now maybe more when we get the word out.

Rave# 480-522-6912
Address: 2625 East Indian School Rd.
#343 phoenix, AZ 85016
Biltmore Condominium

Jane

Smash Hero
haha of course! One of the most beautiful utterances of the english language. Might as well call it a short poem!

k9.

Smash Ace
No offense to any of the GW players but right now MeowKitty is the best one in my opinion. He makes the smarter decisions to me as a GW player.

But i want to see smiley be the best just because he is black XD.

Jane

Smash Hero
ive never played meow, but ominous has given me the most problems. smiley beat me for the first time in a legit set last tourney though so he's definitely on the verge of leveling up.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
No offense to any of the GW players but right now MeowKitty is the best one in my opinion. He makes the smarter decisions to me as a GW player.

But i want to see smiley be the best just because he is black XD.

Yeah. I noticed a huge difference from when I him played him at the play n trade tourney months ago to the last UAT tourney I played him at.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Yeah. I noticed a huge difference from when I him played him at the play n trade tourney months ago to the last UAT tourney I played him at.
You've really improved too. It's fun to see people improve at the same time as me. ^.^

Also, Sadpanda is by far the best diddy main that I know of in az :p

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Like I said, don't care about being the best GW. Just Bowser or good player overall.

I already know i'm the most stylish, it's all I care about.

Besides K9 you've never used MK on me in tourney, I take stupid risks in friendlies because if I get gimped the world won't end, but if I do some legit **** I look hella awesome :awesome:

Saffy

Smash Ace
I haven't played Smiley's G&W offline yet (You went peach vs me ... WHY?). But we did play in doubles with Mikee on wifi.... and then I played Ominous a few times offline.
Meow I still need to play you too.

Overall I can only say Ominous is the hardest for me... but then again I haven't played the other two.
I'm also surprised at how many people use him in this state. He's a pretty unpopular character overall. (I think he ***** because of his kill power though).

Also Kyle you aren't going to be the only peach now <3 :peach:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I haven't played Smiley's G&W offline yet (You went peach vs me ... WHY?). But we did play in doubles with Mikee on wifi.... and then I played Ominous a few times offline.
Meow I still need to play you too.

Overall I can only say Ominous is the hardest for me... but then again I haven't played the other two.
I'm also surprised at how many people use him in this state. He's a pretty unpopular character overall. (I think he ***** because of his kill power though).

Also Kyle you aren't going to be the only peach now <3 :peach:
I was planning on playing more than one match, but we got kicked off the TV, I always start with peach.

We'll get some games in dont worry =) i'd like to play you too. I love to play new people.

...and stuff

:phone:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
To tell the truth from the deepest part of my unwavering eternal soul as of right now i believe ominous is the best GW by a considerable margin. but as always i believe smiley has the best potential due to multiple reasons. meow kitty is still a MeowN**** coming in at 2nd on my list. This is good smiley, use this as your motivation for steppin it up my n****

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You're just saying that to motivate me. Ominous I was like: Oh ok. But then (no offense to meow) you saying that he is better than me is a DEFINITE giveaway.

I've been in the scene for a year, I've taken every person on the PR to game 3 except Kira and Bryce who I've only played in tourney once.

I've also beaten certain people on that list in tourney but some have widened the gap in skill since then. Like Yummy who is significantly better than me now and some others. My FIRST tourney i beat stevo in friendlies 3-2 (he was probably having a bad day, but it was my first tourney) and went to game 3 last hit with Angie (who at the time was ranked 7th) and did some other stuff. I lost to, but did all kinda of stylish things on chris the first time I played him, he even told me I was gonna be the best player in tucson. Took kyle to game 3 last hit (IIRC) my SECOND tourney.

Look am I saying i'm the best? No. definitely not. Have I grown as a player since then? yeah, but not even close to as fast as some players did, like Rave. I know ALMOST wins, don't count, i'm using it as a point of reference.

But I'm not dumb, and telling me meow is already better than me is not something i'm gonna fall for :rolleyes: . I do appreciate that you fellow n-words care about me that much and because you think I have so much potential i will try even harder to unleash it. I will up my practice even more. Thanks ya'll =)

No offense, Meow, you can totally get better than me, especially living so close to phoenix and all, but you aren't yet, just stating facts bro. We will all help each other, though, I promise (but **** your matchup discussions, i'm lazy)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I know I'm not the best, I was trying to figure out his logic. I mean, last tournament I felt pretty satisfied with most of my matches, despite losing, but they were close most of the time. My main weakness is lack of cempetitive experience, I know my character really well, but I don't know the other ones.

I definitely can say that I have improved a lot since my first tournament with you guys in February, but I can't imagine myself as best. I'm not sure between Ominous and Smiley since I haven't seen them play a lot of games, especially Ominous, but I can safely say that they are both better than me just based on my lack of experience.

Matchup discussions really help someone who knows no matchups.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Ominous, has better results than me, but I have been to wayyy more tournaments so my chance of doing bad is obviously higher. I've gotten last place like twice and didn't even make it out of bracket not that long ago (which was sooo embarrassing since the idea for an amateur bracket was mine in the first place)

I also didn't make it out at NYTE, which also looks kinda bad. But hey you win some you lose some (to olimar)

I would say how much I don't care about being best Gdubs but I know that's not what K9 and Kira wanna hear, so I guess i'll work on that goal.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I want to be best GnW, but possibly even above that, I want to be threatening with rob, or at least good enough to the point that I can use him for my ****ty matchups.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
In my opinion, Yummy has definitely made the most personal growth from my time in the scene.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
My opinions of the people who made the most progress while I've been in the scene:

1) K9: Went from barely making 10th when I joined the scene (Fall 2010, i.e. Season 3) to currently being a significant contender for #1 in AZ. And as far as I know, he made the greatest leap in any PR ever, by jumping up 5 spots (from 9th to 4th) between season 4 & 5. Freaking amazing.

2) Yummy: Yummy has always been an excellent player, but has really stepped it up this season, to the point where he will probably move up several places on the PR (something that rarely happens when dealing with Top 5 players). He has also shown amazing versatility with characters, as shown with his results when using Kirby, Pikachu, and sometimes Olimar.

3) Ominous: Went from placing rather low in tournaments several seasons ago, to coming back out of nowhere and getting 7th at a high-profile tournament, and taking down several significant players in the process (and going even with many others).

4) Me. ^_^ I went from being consistently 3-stocked by the top level players, to consistently taking them to the last stock, and sometimes even beating them in matches. Now if only I could learn how to not get too nervous and keep my momentum during matches.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
so me and this dude right next to me, stared at this fly for like a whole minute straight. it was the most lol'st moment in my life. hahaha

also, who wants to smash today?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol I've been at the top for so long, you guys must have forgotten how big of a leap I made when I started competing in 2009. Axe and several other players said I improved the fastest.

As of now, I'd say K9 and Yummy have improved a lot. Same with Stevo. Still need to play Ominous to have a better judgment on his skill

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
When Duffy still played, he also made a big leap in skill too. We were both in the same boat, being ranked like #9 and #10 and then breaking into the top 5

Top Bottom