• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't think I've played MvC3 since they announced Ultimate, which also means I have yet to play UMvC3. I'm still salty about Ultimate's existence, and the fact that Jill and (mostly) Shuma are still DLC.

if I do play MvC3, I use Zero/Doom/Dormammu.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Is anyone going to the comicon tournament?
I believe I am <3 I wonder what the prizes are?
There were almost no prizes last year. Wolfwood/Theron won a manga or something, I don't even like anime/manga so I don't really care, I like it just for finding talent or cool people (Rave found me at phoenix comic-con last year actually, it's how i joined the scene)

@Seuss: I Run Spencer, Ammy, and Haggar as my primary team and a secondary team of Viper, Nemesis, and Chris but it's really free

I haven't practiced in a while though, although i played it for a night with this guy I met, about 2 months ago but that's it. I'll probably enter SFxT, MVC, and SF even though i haven't practiced SFxT like after the first week (and even then i wasn't really practcing because of work) and I was never that good at SF (I never memorized any combos really, I just played smart and stuff) and I'm even worse at it now. Still just like to compete though. Last year I actually wasn't doing too bad in MVC but got disqualified because I guess they did a roll call and I think i was playing a brawl match or something *shrug*

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Lets all go to a water park one of these days in the summer.

I fixed those things on the front page you told me about rave. Thanks for noticing those.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Since we're on the topic of traditional fighters, I'll mention this again: if someone has a fight stick they're interested in selling, I'm interested in buying. :)

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Lets all go to a water park one of these days in the summer.

I fixed those things on the front page you told me about rave. Thanks for noticing those.
we should go to a park and play some soccer. im not into soccer at all but i love kicking in some goals on ppl :D get our fat ***** outside for once

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
After we get Stevo on the top 5 list for his Mario, we should get me in the G&W spot.

You know, once I actually come to tournaments, and get actual matchup experience.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
^ Definitely, there's gonna be a bunch of people there (K9, Kira, GV7, HeySeuss, Yoshiken, me, and maybe Aaven and Stevo). :)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
U should play TvC smiley
I did when it first came out. Alex and Ryu/Frank. Also a little PTX. But i'm *** now, i only played it for the first couple months. Fun time though. I played it at a tourney a while back and I sucked. Elvis (NickNyte) is pretty good at it IIRC

heysuess

Smash Cadet
I love TvC I used to play it all the time. I'd love to get some games in with some peeps.

@Smiley We need to get some games in on MvC. I run Wolvie/Sent/Akuma, Frank/Wolvie/Akuma or Frank/Wolvie/Hulk

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Since we're on the topic of traditional fighters, I'll mention this again: if someone has a fight stick they're interested in selling, I'm interested in buying. :)

I have a MadCatz stick that I don't use anymore but some of the buttons don't work and the joystick is hit and miss. If I can fix it with some spare parts I have I'll sell it to you.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I did when it first came out. Alex and Ryu/Frank. Also a little PTX. But i'm *** now, i only played it for the first couple months. Fun time though. I played it at a tourney a while back and I sucked. Elvis (NickNyte) is pretty good at it IIRC
Yea I played and beat nicknyte. He's really good. I run tekkaman blade/ryu and casshan/ryu. I still play it and am still good at it. I also play a lot of UMVC3 but I'm not as good at Marvel as I am in TvC. I run wolvie/ryu/viewtiful joe and wolvie/ryu/ammy

@heysuess-I would love to meet and play u when I can go to a tourney. Sucks that I live in yuma tho but its cool to know ppl still play TvC. I thought it was dead by now lol

Saffy

Smash Ace
There were almost no prizes last year. Wolfwood/Theron won a manga or something, I don't even like anime/manga so I don't really care, I like it just for finding talent or cool people (Rave found me at phoenix comic-con last year actually, it's how i joined the scene)
Well they said they would post the prizes on the web page so I will be stalking it everyday . Manga would suck though as a prize :/.

I MIGHT be bringing Tyrant with me too to this , as he is coming a week before the tournament... I think.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
After we get Stevo on the top 5 list for his Mario, we should get me in the G&W spot.

You know, once I actually come to tournaments, and get actual matchup experience.
I'm coming for you, once I get some more practice, I am going to be right there with you. AZ will have 3/5 of the top G&W's by the end of.. next year. I want to give myself some time.

Ok maybe not, but I am going to get less scrubby.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Gene mains GnW. He was at the Nyte tournament in Tucson, he's pretty good. Managed to beat Tommy in pools...

Anyway, he's the best GnW I personally know. I can barely keep up with him on my good days.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah, I'm hoping to get some more consistent results.

Know i've got what it takes, I just gotta work on my mindset really bad. I start to let up when I get a lead, and give up when I'm behind. Kyle is just gay as hell and hard to play with, phoenix has a smashfest like every other day, there's arguably 3 people I get to play regularly that actually improve me as a player...

I just got Wi-Fi back though, so hopefully I can get some good training off it, that and OoS when they come

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
playing brawl in Tucson, is hard.

I know, I've been trying since the game released, and I'm still real bad at this game.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I see, thanks mang, I was getting scared there for a moment.

And on the topic of improving, I'm in Glendale and can 3-stock most everybody in our group (excluding maybe 2-3 people) regularly so it's not going to happen for me anytime soon.
What I try to do in a situation like that is practice things I couldn't otherwise do/techskill related things in a normal fight (ex: PK Fire cancels, thunderslides, etc.) so it's at least somewhat worked on, but that's probably not the best thing to do either. Trying to win by an even larger margin might work too, but I dunno, it could lead to some bad habits.
I serve mostly just as a teacher for them, the poor souls. x.x

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty hard to improve while being a wii mote and nunchuck user. And now that I think about its been a while since I played an actual brawl match with a person. Only reason I touch my brawl disc is cuz of PM

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Just finished Harry pottor deathly hollows part 2. Was quite pleased with the ending. Now for the green latern. Btw saw the avengers today! It was awesome to say the least. Good stuff.

:phone:

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I see, thanks mang, I was getting scared there for a moment.

And on the topic of improving, I'm in Glendale and can 3-stock most everybody in our group (excluding maybe 2-3 people) regularly so it's not going to happen for me anytime soon.
What I try to do in a situation like that is practice things I couldn't otherwise do/techskill related things in a normal fight (ex: PK Fire cancels, thunderslides, etc.) so it's at least somewhat worked on, but that's probably not the best thing to do either. Trying to win by an even larger margin might work too, but I dunno, it could lead to some bad habits.
I serve mostly just as a teacher for them, the poor souls. x.x
Call me a poor soul, I'm one of those three you mentioned. Maybe you need to fight Hero more to improve your skill. :p

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I called you that because you guys are under my educational... educating.
I 3-stocked him too, and I don't think he plays anymore. I could get close to doing that consistently if I tried but he's one of those select few players that it's hard for me to play against seriously. Nothing against the guy, I play like a dummy against people who can whup me too (in other games but still). It's something I need to work on, this motivation thing.

I need to play against people that can beat me, there aren't many other ways to improve.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Possibly worthless advice, but I know one of the things nairo used to do before he was wining tourneys was just to watch his brother (ksisszle) and his friends play, and then just practice those things on computers, without ever actually playing with humans.

You can do that, or you can honestly just suck it up and play wifi.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I used to do that but mostly with stuff on youtube. Then I get distracted and start watching videos for Quake, Serious Sam, Painkiller, etc.

I miss playing on wifi with twinx and occasionally FOW and a few other people I can't really remember.

Jane

Smash Hero
so after many weeks of my no-facebook diet, the website is FINALLY off of my "most visited" sites thingie on chrome :D

just wanted to let someone, anyone, know

Saffy

Smash Ace
Max I recommend playing wifi like Jard said. All though it's dumb at times it's good practice as it encourages you to rely on reads which will make you a better player. I play it a lot now and I already see an improvement. Join the aib ladder it's good experience since you get to play all sorts of characters and playstyles.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Yeah, wifi can be fun/frustrating, and great for learning matchups. I used to do really well on the ladder when I played wifi for practice

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
i need to get a wii and brawl if i want to get better :p

lucas trip lock <3

i also see smiley as a really great gnw just need to stop sding!!!!!

Top Bottom