• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Jane

Smash Hero
tuesday works best for me, though i might not even be here. but if its tuesday then i'll try to stretch my time left in az.

98? 98 isnt that popular.. if anything 99. 99 is sick. 02 is cool too.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Tuesday or Thursday, plox. I work Friday nights.

Also, I approve of Lonewolf's signature
But rainbow dash is so much better D;
Though rarity is pretty cool.

Also I just got off the phone with my mom, and she doesn't know which of those 3 days would work best for us yet, but she said she'd try to figure it out and get back to me. Right now it sounds like any of the days would probably be okay.

Lonewolf I recognize most the names, but I visited last summer. The scene changed soo much after we left. There are so many new faces.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Rarity is cool, and so is R.D., but not on the level of Applejack. Applejack is just way too awesome, and is clearly best pony.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Actually, RD's been my least favorite for a while. xD And her most recent episodes didn't really help that. I do find her the funnest to draw, though. Weird.

Rarity, on the other hand, is tied for best pony with Pinkie Pie this new season <3

hadesblade

Smash Lord
The tank episode was amazing, I don't know what you talking about. Though I do agree the most recent one made me question my devotion to her ;P.

AJ second best pony.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Ooh, don't get me wrong, the Tank episode was one of the best! :D And it's not that I dislike RD, she's just my least favorite. But she still gets tons of love from me, art-wise.

AJ needs her own episode :(

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Alright, after talking on the phone with a bunch of people who didn't post in this thread, and after being unable to find a suitable house to host in, it has been decided that the tournament will be held on Thursday, December 22nd at Gamer's Inn (Sorry Jane :(). I will try to have the thread up by tomorrow if no one else does it.

The tournament will function as it does normally, but be aware that Gamer's Inn closes Thursday night at midnight, and so for those of us who usually stay afterwards and play until about 2:00 in the morning, we can't do that this time. However, you are welcome to come back to my place afterwards to get some friendlies in if ya want!

Also, and this is just my own personal thing, but after finding a good amount of Soul Calibur enthusiasts in the smash scene (at least Phoenix smash), I have decided to hold my own little 2-3 dollar Soul Calibur side tournament at Phoenix tournaments from now on. I will try to do this at every Phoenix tournament. This will not take the place of the regular Brawl side tournaments, but will rather be just my own side tournament that I will run either before the actual tournament, towards the end, or just right after the tournament is over.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Im making the thread! also soul calibur is tight as frick, going to be numba one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also putting $5 on yoshiken for WC vs. EC Yoshi edition. Anjila you should make a pic that I can put in the thread showing yoshi vs. yoshi

We should do gamers inn today guys.

Jane

Smash Hero
hey, why dont we just make this next tourney the last of the season? that way we can start fresh next tucson tourney with the whole MK ban and all.

objections?

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I have no problem with making this the last of the season, also, I will be going to Gamer's Inn after I finish my homework. Probably in about 2 hours.

Also, why Melee for a side tournament? Lets just do Brawl doubles or something.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
+1 for brawl doubles. Melee is only competitive for those that actively play it, while everyone can compete in brawl doubles.

Also kira I'm hurt </3.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I think we should make this next one on Dec 22nd the last of the Season and start anew, that's just my opinion though.

And damn it, I always seem to be busy when you guys have Smashfests and friendlies ;_;

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
we should keep it to 5 because the last one in tuscon is right before metaknight gets banned we shouldnt have a tournament season that has one non meta knight banned tourney and then the rest with him banned. that means we would have to not count that one non meta banned tourney toward PR or the National ranking. We are acctually lucky that the end of the season falls right before he gets banned. trust me it makes a lot of sense.

Jane

Smash Hero
we shouldnt have a tournament season that has one non meta knight banned tourney and then the rest with him banned.
you meant one banned and the rest not banned right? lol. but i agree. this is why i'm suggesting this. its not like we've never had a 4 tourney season. two seasons ago was 4 tourneys.

the main reason i want to is because i already missed one tourney this season and i'm going to miss the next one. i just want my next tourney to be a fresh season rather than the end of the last one.

but its not THAT huge of a deal. i just wanted to suggest it. since most people dont seem to care, i guess i'll just give up my campaign. lol

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kevin, you should change the side tournament to Brawl doubles for the next tournament since it looks like that is what everyone wants, unless the people for Melee singles are keeping silent. If you want to keep the side tournament as Melee singles then speak up now please.

Also, besides K9, Stevo, Kevin, Alex, Angela, (and myself, of course) who have already told me they were going to join, who else would be joining my Soul Calibur side tournament? I am just curious and would like a head count.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Hey Kevin, you should change the side tournament to Brawl doubles for the next tournament since it looks like that is what everyone wants, unless the people for Melee singles are keeping silent. If you want to keep the side tournament as Melee singles then speak up now please.

Also, besides K9, Stevo, Kevin, Alex, Angela, (and myself, of course) who have already told me they were going to join, who else would be joining my Soul Calibur side tournament? I am just curious and would like a head count.
I used to kick *** in Soul Calibur 4, but I haven't played in forever so I'm not sure, if I have a few extra bucks I'll join for the hell of it I guess.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Oh, perhaps I should mention that it will be Soul Calibur 3, not 4. Sadly, I do not have 4 because I only have an X-Box 360, and not a PS3, and according to the main Soul Calibur tournament ruleset, you are not allowed to play tournaments on the X-Box 360 version, and so I didn't even bother to get it since I knew I wouldn't be able to go play it competitively. However, hopefully I will have a PS3 by the time Soul Calibur 5 comes out in a month. If not, then I hope they change the rule against using an X-Box 360 in tournament.

Also, I have played both Soul Calibur 3 and 4 a bunch, and the movesets for all the characters are almost exactly the same for both games, except for some additions to maybe range or speed of attacks.

Top Bottom