• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
So is anything happening tomorrow? Would Gamer's Inn let us come in tomorrow, even though we have some people there today?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
You guys can come to my apartment tomorrow to Smash! I think 4pm would be a good time for people to start arriving (if you want to arrive a little bit earlier that's ok, I'll be home all day). I already have two Wiis and three TVs, so if one more Wii setup is brought we should be good. My place is:

Biltmore Promenade Condominiums
2625 E Indian School Rd
Unit 343 (Building 12)
Phoenix, AZ, 85016

The condos are gated, but the main vehicle entrance (the one that faces Indian School Rd) is left open until 5:30pm. I recommend entering through there then just parking in one of the uncovered spots.

To everyone who's shown an interest in playing at my place (so far it looks like 5 people), I'll go ahead and PM you the gate code/my phone number. :)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Yoshiken, are you going? And if you are, are you going to go to Kris's beforehand? I mean, if it's at 4, we could fit in some games before going.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't think so, because I have an Air Force community service event tomorrow at 1:00 and it doesn't even end until 4:00. However, it is supposed to rain tomorrow, and if the rain is heavy enough, then the event will be cancelled, however, I doubt it will get that heavy. Sorry.

Though, I am coming over on Sunday in the afternoon, so you could try to make it then just to practice unless you have church meetings then.

Also, I have the most amazing story to tell you about me beating Kris in MtG last week. Its probably one of the greatest victories in the history of the game.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
You guys can come to my apartment tomorrow to Smash! I think 4pm would be a good time for people to start arriving (if you want to arrive a little bit earlier that's ok, I'll be home all day). I already have two Wiis and three TVs, so if one more Wii setup is brought we should be good. My place is:

Biltmore Promenade Condominiums
2625 E Indian School Rd
Unit 343 (Building 12)
Phoenix, AZ, 85016

The condos are gated, but the main vehicle entrance (the one that faces Indian School Rd) is left open until 5:30pm. I recommend entering through there then just parking in one of the uncovered spots.

To everyone who's shown an interest in playing at my place (so far it looks like 5 people), I'll go ahead and PM you the gate code/my phone number. :)
Im done plus its pretty close!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Someone better bring a Wii/Brawl set up with 'em! Although, if they don't, two Wiis still work.

Edit: OH! I ALMOST FORGOT! IMPORTANT QUESTION!...is there going to be food at this event?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
There's a Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut within walking distance of my apartment, but if you want we can order a pizza or something.

I'll also be providing some Coca-Cola, Powerade (for all those sweaty gamers), and water bottles, and if you guys want some snacks just let me know what specific kind you'd like.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I'm like the only Mexican who doesn't have chips or salsa in their house right now, but I'll definitely get some for you guys.

Sure, I'll pick up some Mtn Dew for ya (I feel like such a tool by calling it by its new name)

Both me and my neighbors have wifi. :)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Please come Ominous! You're one of my closest rivals in the Smash scene, so our matches are guaranteed to be awesome. Also this is the first public event I've ever hosted in my life, so it would be great if I had a good turnout. :)

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
F*ck yes. :) All Brawlers are welcome to this.

I'm gonna go eat lunch now, and when I come back (around 3:30) you guys can start arriving if you want.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to eat healthier, and so I will probably just be having water the whole time.

Sorry I couldn't pick you up Ominous. I am sure I will be able to next time we have a smashfest though.

Oh! and I am just about to leave. It is a thirty minute drive though, so expect us around 5:15-5:30

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So some rather important things have come up and since there is no posted tourney thread yet, if I could request that this next one not be on the 30th

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
My smashfest was a lot of fun, thanks for everyone who came! We had almost a dozen people come over, including Jake the Snake, Slimlenny, and these people:

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Jake the Snake? Ka?

Also Remix text me next time, I saw the thread and was going to go, but then I totally forgot. D:

Slimlenny

Smash Rookie
Ah thanks for having us over Rave ^^ I'll stay longer next time, I had some things to get done this morning so I couldn't stay too late. I hope you host something like this sometime soon, and I'll be sure to chip in for food and drinks. I had lots of fun, hope to play with ya guys soon :D

Jane

Smash Hero
actually its bros before hoes. lol

everyone always thinks i'm asian :(

and rave looks straight up native haha, but i can see some mexican sneaking in there.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
I'm not the only one!! I always thought he was just a really tan Asian guy :p

Then again, everyone thinks I'm Mexican. Which I'm not.

By the way, those were fun times, Rave, thanks for hosting! Hope we can do it again sometime soon! Oh, and thanks also for letting us borrow Apollo Justice <3

So some rather important things have come up and since there is no posted tourney thread yet, if I could request that this next one not be on the 30th
Yoshiken and I would not be able to make it if it was scheduled on the 23rd or the 30th. I'd like it to be the week after, but I doubt that's going to happen

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree with Jane all the way. Rave looks completely Native American. Actually, Angela and I were discussing Rave's ethnicity for almost all of the drive to the smashfest on Saturday.

Edit: Haha, yeah, when we first started dating, I totally thought Angela was white and hispanic as well.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Close! I'm actually white and Filipino :p Though, my white side shows more, which I guess results in a Mexican look? haha

Top Bottom