• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
So do you want to mm or are you telling me to pick a main jard? I'm confused haha
Pick a main lol. It's not that you need to stick with them forever, but use someone to build a solid smash base, and then from there you can experiment with other characters.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I was experimenting as much as I want and still am. And you can't talk since you use meta knight lol. Why don't you experiment? Learn more than the b button. If I don't like a character I won't stick with it. Also, I'm committing to luigi. I won't play a character that's boring or that I don't like using. I can enjoy the game with luigi.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I was experimenting as much as I want and still am. And you can't talk since you use meta knight lol. Why don't you experiment? Learn more than the b button. If I don't like a character I won't stick with it. Also, I'm committing to luigi. I won't play a character that's boring or that I don't like using. I can enjoy the game with luigi.
Would you like to money match my rob? :)

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Lol maybe. Trying to mm me just because I called you out and you want to try and punk me? You're on the pr and I'm not so you're obviously better than me. But its only because you've played longer and stuck with an s tier character rather than experimenting with mid tiers like me. I like to have fun and a challenge, rather than no bad stages, match-ups, effort, etc. Correct me if any of that is wrong please! Because last I checked, meta knight has the most advantages in the game in comparison to every other character.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I like how you speak your heart out on every post easy mac. one day you will change the world. its all up to you!

lol easy mac vs. derp.

Duff0

Smash Ace
But its only because you've played longer and stuck with an s tier character rather than experimenting with mid tiers like me. I like to have fun and a challenge, rather than no bad stages, match-ups, effort, etc. Correct me if any of that is wrong please! Because last I checked, meta knight has the most advantages in the game in comparison to every other character.
You john too much

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I actually really want to see derp at the tourney so I can learn a bit of one on one stuff with luigi rather than watching videos. And I figure, why beat around the bush...I can just be straight up 24/7. Lol. And thanks man, I plan too!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
True story Jard beat my DDD with Sonic
double post!!!

lol same. jard's sonic too good.

_X_ and espy ain't got nuttin on jard.

DUCES!!!!

edit: darn you easy mac, taking away my doubles... XD <3

soooooooo much hype for this tourny. so many new people and lots of attendies. gonna be a great tourny. one of the best to date. i can feel it :)

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and meta knight = melee lol. And duffy you're so arrogant and cocky, but you lose to no name diddys out of state because you "don't know how to play against diddy". Isn't that a john?

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
Lol maybe. Trying to mm me just because I called you out and you want to try and punk me? You're on the pr and I'm not so you're obviously better than me. But its only because you've played longer and stuck with an s tier character rather than experimenting with mid tiers like me. I like to have fun and a challenge, rather than no bad stages, match-ups, effort, etc. Correct me if any of that is wrong please! Because last I checked, meta knight has the most advantages in the game in comparison to every other character.
no offense though but jard is good enough to where he is pretty skilled with every character, though he mains MK I mostly see him going random in friendlies so he kinda just builds up a lot of knowledge about every character, otherwise he wouldn't be able to offer advice like he does.

also learning that MK matchup is important, the more people main MK the more MK exp we all have... and no matter what character you play it REALLY is the most important matchup to learn simply because he is what you will see in more matches that with any other character. I dont think I would mind more MKs in AZ (it would mean less snakes right? XD) because I dont really mind that matchup

that being said MK is still the most broken character in the game with no real bad matchups. so no johns MK users, if you want to john pick a low tier XD (you all know who you are).

what bugs me more about MK is that he largely cuts down on character diversity, and picking him up just because you're losing just seems really "sheepy" for lack of a better word.

besides he cant kirbycide XD

oh and I cant make it out to smash all weekend ;'(

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Random in friendlies means nothing. Pick random in tourney if you're "good with every character". You know. That comment isn't directed at jard but anyone who makes that claim. And meta knight experience only matters if you go out of state. In arizona, there are only a few people that are challenging to beat and it has nothing to do with them using meta knight. And match-ups don't matter in theory if you know your character well enough. The only point I was making is that meta knight is the most advantageous...not broken. You can beat a good meta knight if you're good with your character. I myself haven't gotten good enough with any character to have that luxury yet, but that's why I'm trying to get better by mm people to play in serious matches rather than doing friendlies.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
This whole game is based off match-up knowledge, why upsets tend to happen. Certain characters and how they play can mess up your play style so knowing that WITH experience in the matchup will help you adapt quicker.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Every single person that has time to john about meta knight has time to get better at that match up. Dont john your just wasting time. I used to do tha garbage until i realized i was being ******** and not getting better while making those worthless excuses. MK is broken..... Who gives a ****. Beat his *** anyways by seeing what your doing wrong instead of just leaving it at "oh hes just too good for me to beat". By personal experience, i stopped johning and started learning and look where i am at now. and with crappy mid tiers. I thought my example would have gotton to you guys already. ITS ONLY IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU LET IT BE.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
if you agree with me then dont john about meta knight, ever again. I want you to get better, johning will screw you more then you know. Im telling you, people that are better than you right now johned less and learned more.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I never johned meta knight. I just said he's easier to use due to advantages. In my post I also noted he isn't broken and you can win against meta knight if you're good with your character. Doesn't matter though lol.

ALSO!!!! Can anyone give me and dk speed a ride to the tourney tomorrow or tonight? We will pay gas money of course. I am on 43rd ave and northern and that is where both of us would be picked up from. I'm begging the smash community for a ride!

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Those seem like pretty round-about ways of saying you think I'm bad and can only win with mk. Don't get me wrong, I am bad. But calling me that is a right reserved for people that for people on the pr (chris, kira, duffy, kyle, maybe more?) Especially when I literally just said "Would you like to money match my rob? :)" who, as it turns out, is a mid tier character.

Random in friendlies means nothing. Pick random in tourney if you're "good with every character". You know. That comment isn't directed at jard but anyone who makes that claim. And meta knight experience only matters if you go out of state. In arizona, there are only a few people that are challenging to beat and it has nothing to do with them using meta knight And match-ups don't matter in theory if you know your character well enough. The only point I was making is that meta knight is the most advantageous...not broken. You can beat a good meta knight if you're good with your character. I myself haven't gotten good enough with any character to have that luxury yet, but that's why I'm trying to get better by mm people to play in serious matches rather than doing friendlies.
There is a difference between "being good with a bunch of characters" and "being so much better than everyone else with multiple characters that you can use them in tournament because you'll still win". I think I'm pretty decent with a bunch of characters, and sometimes, situation be, I wouldn't mind using those characters. But Chris is the only one who falls in the 2nd category (:c). I'm not at a point like that, so I'm going to stick to my more solid guns instead of ****ing around after putting money down.

If you can beat metas, you can beat other characters (as long as you have some idea of the matchup!)

Stick with a character then, like I said.

True story Jard beat my DDD with Sonic
double post!!!

lol same. jard's sonic too good.

_X_ and espy ain't got nuttin on jard.
Also true+****.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Your points are obviously valid. And I'm sticking with luigi now. They were just my opinions. Not meant to be offensive at all, and don't want it to come off that way. Also jard, would you be able to hook me and gabe up with a ride to the tourney? We would give you gas money of course. What are your cross streets?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
If you guys were able to bus all the way to 44th and Indian school by 10, sure. Otherwise you guys are way in the opposite direction of me in relation to Tempe.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Well uh, I'm staying over Saturday night, just so you guys know. And I'd only be able to take you guys back to my house.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
*extends hand out toward Light im hopes of a handshake that won't be as firm as i would normally make it*

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
lol 2 pages of MK XD

is there anyone in AZ who would be willing to drive to whobo? I could help out with some of the cost possibly...

if not can we see if we can get some AZ people there by some other means?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
hmmmmmm, well monetarily that helps me out since I'm a little strapped on money right now (even though I shouldn't be, stupid work did not send me my paycheck like they were supposed to for unknown reasons)

now i don't have to spend money on the crew battle, and now i can buy food.

Rappy

Smash Rookie
Would you like to money match my rob? :)
Ill MM your Rob. After all I am the best pikachu in AZ. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything but I did beat Darklink in a $5 MM(then we ran it back he was salty as **** but it was double or nothing and he 2 stocked me)but i'm still the best.

@Tucson you guys got lucky this time...but next time you wont be so lucky.

Top Bottom