• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you nerdier than me?

DaJib

Smash Rookie
I just spent 2 hours watching a speed run of ocarina of time on youtube.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I took a greyhound bus to my friends city the night before pokemon ruby cam out so I could watch him play it when he got the game in the morning.

Rampage

vx
I won every zelda game ever created (Including cd-i)

edit: maybe I'm not as nerdy as I thought

I also think it should be "Geek" not nerd since nerds are super smart? Idunno lol

DaJib

Smash Rookie
Geek, nerd, w/e, you get the point.

I watched the legend of zelda animated series.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I have on a few occasions chosen to play video games instead of go upstairs with my girlfriend.

You guys should check out the super Mario 64 speed run.SICK!

I ve also owned every console created since the comadore 64.Sega,Nintendo,Sony,Microsoft,Atari you name it Ive owned it.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Someone actually made a topic a couple weeks ago about them watching a 2 hour speed run through Luigi's Mansion. Coincidence?

Whatever. I was bored about 3 nights ago and I came up with some weird song on my guitar that fused the Super Mario World 1-1 theme and Brawl's Clu Clu Land song. I'd say that's pretty nerdy :p

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Wow, just yesterday I watched the Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 speedruns, we all Stumbled-Upon the same 10 Greatest Ever Speedruns page I presume?
I litter my conversations with Pokemon related jokes whenever I get half a chance.. I'm trying to tone it down a bit though, an awful lot of people don't really get them.:confused:

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I watch speedruns of games I haven't even heard of, I do it just for fun!
Besides, I own a whole crate (I don't know a better word) of Sailor Moon stuff, in addition, more than 16 GB of Sailor Moon-ness on my computer.
When I was 9 years old, I collected stamps, afterwards, I started collecting shells, then Pokémon cards, then Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and finally, today I'm collecting minerals. I bought one for 40 Euros, even.
On a related note, I'm also...a basement dweller xD But I don't think that's nothing new on this forum, lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i watch the super mario rpg speedrun and megaman X(#) speedruns on a regular basis. =/

Amide

Smash Lord
I didn't know you could reach that level of nerdiness! Just kidding but, who watches speedruns in their free time? *Goes to YouTube to watch speedruns*

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I watched all three DK Country speedruns in one sitting like a year ago :/

Also, Tom, I'm more interested to see a speed run of the version I sent you, ha.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Pikaville, speed-run for how many stars? There are several divisions...

Wait...is this the "I watch speed-runs topic"?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess someone could just say they actually DID a speedrun and in that win the topic.

Or be lame and get a "how nerdy are you" internet quiz. *Counts down*

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My favorite hobby is speedcubing which is solving the Rubik's Cube, fast. I spent a little less than a year of practice to be able to speedcube as fast as I can now, which is 15 seconds-at best. With the practice came the memorizing, which included 41 intuitive algorithms, and 78 algorithms, which includes 21 permutations, and their mirrors and inverses. I started speedsolving with one-handed a few months ago with a best of 26 seconds. If i could find a girl in my city who speedcubes, i'd be in love.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I think its 15 or 16 and fishing the game.The guy is a freak.(thats if he's not cheating)
Actually, it must have involved some cheating device to exploit a glitch with a lot of save states for pixel-perfection. I was talking about a speed-run for 16 or 70 or 120 stars+game. There is a serious amount of debate on which stars to grab during a speed-run.

Also, there is some person that did a LEVEL 4 Pit of 100 Trials run in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year.

http://www.archive.org/details/PaperMario_PitOf100Trials_Lv4Ch4

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Someone actually made a topic a couple weeks ago about them watching a 2 hour speed run through Luigi's Mansion. Coincidence?

Whatever. I was bored about 3 nights ago and I came up with some weird song on my guitar that fused the Super Mario World 1-1 theme and Brawl's Clu Clu Land song. I'd say that's pretty nerdy :p
Luigis Mansion was like the only game I did speadruns on, I think my lowest was 3.5 hours.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I talked to Tom once. That about does it

DaJib

Smash Rookie
Suddenly I dont feel as nerdy lol.

Just kidding, but wow Janitor thats pretty impressive the fastest I ever got with a cube was a minute.

Anyone here attempted (or beaten) I wanna be the guy? (insanely hard homebrew game)

Heres a pretty impressive run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBgxWyXYKI

psicicle

Smash Ace
Actually, it must have involved some cheating device to exploit a glitch with a lot of save states for pixel-perfection. I was talking about a speed-run for 16 or 70 or 120 stars+game. There is a serious amount of debate on which stars to grab during a speed-run.

Also, there is some person that did a LEVEL 4 Pit of 100 Trials run in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year.

http://www.archive.org/details/PaperMario_PitOf100Trials_Lv4Ch4
yeah the speedruns (the mario 64 ones are, that I know of) are generally are tool-assisted, meaning that whoever did them could replay from any point if he made a mistake.

I don't think there is a debate on stars for the mario-64 speedrun, I think the fastest possible run gets 0 stars.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I read all of the Bleach manga starting from chapter one in the span of 3-4 days.

I watch anime for about 6-7 hours straight, etc.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The only embarrassing borderline nerd thing I did was wait in line for Brawl.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm going to try to beat the 96-exit Super Mario World world record time, which is a little over 90 minutes, this summer. I just need to buy a good capture card first.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I accidentally called Halo 3's Campaign Mode... Player Vs. Environment Mode (because I was addicted to Guild Wars, which calls its campaign mode PvE.) My friends still make fun of me for it to this very day. :ohwell:

Oh yeah... and I go on this website.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, i watched Evangelion, complete with the 2 OVA's in 2 days, and also, i readed the Naruto Mangas from like 246 to 382 in idk less than a week, probably less than 5 days, cant remember. Yesterday i readed from 383 to 402 lol.

EDIT: It was from 246-382, i put 273-382, my bad, but i just remembered.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Mud... kip, Mud... kip, Mud... kip, Mud... kip, Mud... kip, Mud... kip

Uhh well I watched all 6 Star Wars films back to back, that's probably it.

Top Bottom