• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you Married?

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's how I feel about marriage as well. Kudos to you though brod1986. I hope you've found the right one. <3

lmfao.
Thanks, marriage is not for everyone at a young age. (but what ditermines young does depnd on your upbrining and culture)

I would fully reccomend it to anyone though, but it's not something to be taken lightly. Personaly i believe that marriage is for life.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I'm 22, and not married yet (though I will be in 1 month - August 30th!). Everyone says I should be really nervous, but it hasn't fazed me one bit yet - except the COST. CRAP weddings are expensive!

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
I'm 22, and not married yet (though I will be in 1 month - August 30th!). Everyone says I should be really nervous, but it hasn't fazed me one bit yet - except the COST. CRAP weddings are expensive!
Funny you should say about the cost, we managed to get married on less than £3k. And we had to pay for it ourselfs, we didnt get any help from my wifes pairents as is the custom.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I would recommend against getting married early. Nothing will change in the 3-5 years you wait until you're 25 or older.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
The name gives it away...
Happily married for over a year now to Bahamut! I've loved every minute of it. Baha and I did wait for almost 7 years before we got married though. So we knew it was right.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, I'm a little young to get married, (19) but I honestly don't know that I'll ever have the opportunity to get married despite how much I want it.

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm a little young to get married, (19) but I honestly don't know that I'll ever have the opportunity to get married despite how much I want it.
I wasnt looking for a girlfriend when i found my wife to be, it just dawned on me after we had been seeing each other for a while that i'd fallen for her :p

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
No matter what, I recommend signing a pre-nup. Over half of all marriages end in divorce and I know a lot of people who got messed up because they jumped into marriage.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I really think it depends on how well you know your partner, and not just in a "I love my baaaaabaaaay" way. You need to know their habits personally, financially, emotionally, and every other -ly you can think of. You need to know that this person won't cause you problems down the line in terms of money, your career, your personality, or your happiness. Once you're comfortable with that, and you're sure you know what you're getting into, then it's okay to pull the trigger, IMO. You need to be sure that you can be together and be happy, but still spend time apart with friends to keep the relationship healthy. They say that money isn't what's supposed to matter, but it can sure cause a whole lotta problems.

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
My only requirements for marraige is that the other person understands you, can deal with your differences, and can perservere when things get bad. yeah.

EDIT: And love, that's important too. The most important. I don't know why I didn't point that out first.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You need to know that this person won't cause you problems down the line in terms of money, your career, your personality, or your happiness. Once you're comfortable with that, and you're sure you know what you're getting into, then it's okay to pull the trigger, IMO. You need to be sure that you can be together and be happy, but still spend time apart with friends to keep the relationship healthy.
You're asking to know alot of things that are honestly unknowable. Marriage is also a leap of faith: you can't know the outcome or if any of those things you listed will happen. You just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
not married. Kudos to those who are married and have found the one they love, i wish you all a lifetime of happiness together. I hope to be married one day, i think the greatest day in my life will be when my future wife and i have our first born daughter. I have plenty of nieces and nephews who ilove with all my heart, but i dont think anything will compare to when god brings me the gift of life in the form of a daughter. Not to say that i wouldnt love a son cause i would. Just how do i put it, im sort of a "metro-sexual" i like fashion among other things and would love to spoil my daughter with all the designer bags, clothes, and accessories she wants. : )

once again kudos to all you married couples out there. Best of luck

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
not married. Kudos to those who are married and have found the one they love, i wish you all a lifetime of happiness together. I hope to be married one day, i think the greatest day in my life will be when my future wife and i have our first born daughter. I have plenty of nieces and nephews who ilove with all my heart, but i dont think anything will compare to when god brings me the gift of life in the form of a daughter. Not to say that i wouldnt love a son cause i would. Just how do i put it, im sort of a "metro-sexual" i like fashion among other things and would love to spoil my daughter with all the designer bags, clothes, and accessories she wants. : )

once again kudos to all you married couples out there. Best of luck
That's nice and I hope the best for you, but do you really think spoiling somebody rotten gets them anywhere in life?

I know this because I am an only-child, so I got blessed with a lot of things, however, I am probably different from all the snoby brats just because I know that if I didn't do some of the things I did I would be in a much worse place...but hey what do I know, I am only 15 with little to no intention of ever raising a kid evaluating the way I behave...ugh...if you want to correct me please do so, knowledge is power.

D

Deleted member

I got a wife and 10 kids...

...And I'm not even in high school yet.
Needless to say, I'm not married

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
That's nice and I hope the best for you, but do you really think spoiling somebody rotten gets them anywhere in life?

I know this because I am an only-child, so I got blessed with a lot of things, however, I am probably different from all the snoby brats just because I know that if I didn't do some of the things I did I would be in a much worse place...but hey what do I know, I am only 15 with little to no intention of ever raising a kid evaluating the way I behave...ugh...if you want to correct me please do so, knowledge is power.
I see your point. And i understand, i was spoiled myself but i was brought up right and taught morals, appreciation, and respect. I never looked down on anyone, never thought less of anything because it wasnt name brand. And well i hope i can raise my kids right and spoil them at the same time. And kids can be a handful, but the love u have as a parent and the love u get back is like no other

brod1986

Smash Apprentice
I see your point. And i understand, i was spoiled myself but i was brought up right and taught morals, appreciation, and respect. I never looked down on anyone, never thought less of anything because it wasnt name brand. And well i hope i can raise my kids right and spoil them at the same time. And kids can be a handful, but the love u have as a parent and the love u get back is like no other
I agree,

Kids need morals. The problem with the uk is that 8+ years ago ther no smacking law was brought out. Kids realised that they had power over there pairents and anyone else. Kids being kids used this to there advantage. And because these kids didnt have to play by the rules they went out making babies as young as 11-12 then you have kids with no/very little morals raising kids with even less morals. And before you know it your worried to go outside even during the day! it's rediculose i tell you.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
No I'm not married, in fact, I'd still say I'm just a kid myself, I won't give out my real age, but I'll say one thing, the one on my profile is a lie. Dun dun dun duuuuun.

Anyway, I think if I played my cards right, I could get you guys to believe I was... that's just the way things work on the internet.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This pretty much fits me. I want to get married, ideally, but I don't know how I'd know if I found the right person, or if someone I found was completely wrong for me. Another issue is kids -- I think I'd probably want to have kids if I got married, but I can't imagine myself as a father nor do I think I'd be a good one. I'd almost say I'd just be better off not getting married, for the good of any potential children, but...I don't know. I don't really know what's going to happen, I'm just going to move forward with my life and see where it goes.

Top Bottom