• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you Brawl deprived?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
We all know that Brawl is being released in North America on December 3rd, but I doubt EVERYONE is getting it on that date, or the day after, or in that week actually. I'm guessing a VERY large number of posters on these forums celebrate Christmas, with gifts and whatnot. So what I'm asking is, who has to wait it out an extra 22 days before they can hold their own copy of Brawl? I for one, raise my hand. My girlfriend is (hopefully) pre-ordering it, but she refuses to give it to me before Christmas. I'm hoping I can see her on Christmas day, but this is not the point.

I'd like to make this a funny, joke, kind of support thread for us Brawl Deprived people.

That's if you guys would like to. =]

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
I remember when the Wii came out, I wanted to get it but sadly had no cash. My sis said she would help me pay for it if I could come up with half the cost but the night of release, i still didn't have much.

She said "I'll get it for you for christmas" but I HAD to get it that night.
I ended up selling a broken xbox, Halo, Halo 2, Guitar Hero 2, and a few GCN/PS2 games to BARELY scrape up about $112. So my sister (having seen me sell all my belongings without regret) helped pay for the rest. I stayed out in front of Target for 12 hours because Walmart only had like 24 units and a 45 person-long line, and Gamestop only gave out reserved units. The next morning, my sis came to pay for the Wii and also got me a classic controller and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess too. I ended up getting clothes for xmas but I didn't mind, I had a Wii ;)

Point is, I AM NOT GONNA WAIT FOR XMAS TO GET BRAWL.
I might have to wait a day or two cuz of college but that is all...

I feel for all you guys who have to wait for it, but I can't stand the wait :(

susu_atari

Smash Ace
You Americans think you've got it so rough. I'd jump for frickin' joy if I could get Brawl by Christmas!! Living in England, I'll be lucky to get it by MARCH.

SHUT UP YOU SPOILT, WHINING LITTLE SHlT.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know how long I'll have to wait...

I get $120 for Christmas and my birthday combined, which won't buy me a Wii... which may mean I won't be able to get a Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl until next July... >_<

Especially since I've realized there's something a lot more important to me then a Wii that I really need to save for instead (a saxophone!). I'll ask for a Wii for Christmas, hopefully it'll drop in price a little bit, but it's not likely. :( If not I'll help my parents and give them my Christmas and Birthday money. :p

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
We all know that Brawl is being released in North America on December 3rd, but I doubt EVERYONE is getting it on that date, or the day after, or in that week actually. I'm guessing a VERY large number of posters on these forums celebrate Christmas, with gifts and whatnot. So what I'm asking is, who has to wait it out an extra 22 days before they can hold their own copy of Brawl? I for one, raise my hand. My girlfriend is (hopefully) pre-ordering it, but she refuses to give it to me before Christmas. I'm hoping I can see her on Christmas day, but this is not the point.

I'd like to make this a funny, joke, kind of support thread for us Brawl Deprived people.

That's if you guys would like to. =]
I'm sure you can get it earlier than that from her... if you know what I mean.

And I mean you should buy her some nice jewelry.

nuro

Smash Lord
You Americans think you've got it so rough. I'd jump for frickin' joy if I could get Brawl by Christmas!! Living in England, I'll be lucky to get it by MARCH.

Can't you order it from here over internet or something? Honestly, you acting like a panzy over the internet makes you sound like you don't deserve to play the game when its released.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Lighten up, nuro. Let's not start a flamewar over nothing.

Yeah, I remember wanting a Wii so badly. Heck, it even came out the day after my Birthday! But in the end I couldn't track one down until mid February. I got lucky that I was at Wal Mart right as the delivery truck arrived. As it is none of the stores in my area STILL can't keep Wiis in stock.

Anyone, what I'm trying to get at is that I'm not waiting for something good longer than I have to (again). Probably just going to tell everyone that if you're thinking of getting me Brawl for Christmas, think of something else.

As for you Europeans, I really hope for your sake that your release will be soon to follow.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Can't you order it from here over internet or something? Honestly, you acting like a panzy over the internet makes you sound like you don't deserve to play the game when its released.
Yeah, because of course, my European Wii will play your US Brawl.
Why are you all dumb kids who like to post first and put some thought into it later, or more than likely never?
Well done. You win the losing prize.

Apologies to the rest of you for the flame-volley.

Luckily i don't celebrate christmas! When the wii was released... I had to wait outside of a stupid walmart for like 12 hours!!! >_<; Oh well at least i got it... I don't think they'll be long 12 hour lines for Brawl so i'll just go into the store and buy it... Hopefully...

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Pfft. The poor children in Africa won't get it at all. YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

But seriously, I'll probably get it for Christmas. I can wait, I think...

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Please don't think all europeans are like that guy. I'm from Portugal and I'll have to wait for Brawl to come out due to region locking etc...

What's worse: You guys remember Melee's release date right? December 3rd, yep, that's correct. The game came out on Europe on May 30th. A whole freakin' 5 months later. I sincerely hope the same thing doesn't happen with Brawl.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
okay this is funny since people are complaining about when and how they are getting the game.............. oh yeah the wii is still very popular cause stores in a 300 mi radius around me still don't have it. but i feel bad for the people who don't get these games/systems until later but........ thats life.

Revven

FrankerZ
@RokkuManZer0
Going by that, we can also go by how Japan's release date for Melee was the 21st and Brawl's release date for Japan is rumored to be the 22nd. Which in turn, might conclude it coming to Europe May 30th or earlier (but not too earlier).

Anyway, I have to wait until Christmas as well. I'll be playing Tenkaichi 3 though until then so it'll keep me busy. I, will, however be impatient about it and might try to sway my parents into allowing me to have it when we get it. However...I doubt it'll work so I'd just have to wait it out. Which, would be annoying considering all the news surrounding around it with who's in it and who isn't...

Ah well, I'll be very impatient though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Anyone tired of Europeans and their constaint *****in'.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
No way will I wait to get it, the first day it's in any of my local stores I will definitely buy it, hopefully on December 3rd.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I reserved it as soon as i scraped the money together. That measns i get it on release date right? Sum of my friends said there'd be a wait for somthing. i really hope not or ill seriously lose my will to live.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Dec third is on a Monday, so I'll be in school. -.-;;

But my friedn who's going to college this year says he gets all of December off, so he'll probably "wor something out" and drive me to the mall to pick it up. (I preordered at Gamestop.)

So it's all good.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
apperantly I won't wait until X-mas because by that point all the brawl copies my be sold out everywhere, even online, so it would be best suited for me to get it when it's released ans btw, I'm also gonna purchase my Wii that same day (Dec 3, 2007) and start challenging someone online probably the next day after I setit up for online play.

Puffs

Smash Ace

I feel no guilt, but I do despise the injustice that you guys aren't getting it until somewhere around next summer.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea I personally think its not fair for you people...I mean....does it really take 5 months to translate it into all those languages?...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Deprived.. I hope not, I'll be at school that day. But hopefully my bro can pick it up while I'm at school. Also hoping that I have money that day so he can pick it up also.

Want this game so bad!

-Onyx

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Lol, I ruined a surprise for myself today by saying "So have you thought of pre-ordering Brawl yet? Because it'll probably sell out" while on the phone with my girlfriend. She said she already looked into it and I could consider it done. I felt bad for ruining a surprise for myself, but I'm still not playing Brawl until Christmas =[ .

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
lol i already fully bought my when i pre ordered it at my local gamestop and paid a extra few dollars to have it shipped to me day of. so yeah us Americans are lucky. but if i new any of you UKs i'd totally help you get one early.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I remember when the Wii came out, I wanted to get it but sadly had no cash. My sis said she would help me pay for it if I could come up with half the cost but the night of release, i still didn't have much.

She said "I'll get it for you for christmas" but I HAD to get it that night.
I ended up selling a broken xbox, Halo, Halo 2, Guitar Hero 2, and a few GCN/PS2 games to BARELY scrape up about $112. So my sister (having seen me sell all my belongings without regret) helped pay for the rest. I stayed out in front of Target for 12 hours because Walmart only had like 24 units and a 45 person-long line, and Gamestop only gave out reserved units. The next morning, my sis came to pay for the Wii and also got me a classic controller and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess too. I ended up getting clothes for xmas but I didn't mind, I had a Wii ;)

Point is, I AM NOT GONNA WAIT FOR XMAS TO GET BRAWL.
I might have to wait a day or two cuz of college but that is all...

I feel for all you guys who have to wait for it, but I can't stand the wait :(
DAMMMNNN YOUU! So you were one of the crazy kids that stood outside my workplace demanding the wii!!??

I closed (at Target) the night before the PS3 came out and talked a bit to the people waiting outside. I also closed the night before the wii came out and had a little chat too. They had like, blankets and heaters and such.

I ended up snagging a wii from my friend who does online selling. He gave me the regular price without LoZ:TP. I got that game later though haha.

Most likely, I will pick it up while I am at work. I will request to be on the opening shift, set it aside, and then work my shift until it's over, pick it up, and buy it. MUHAHAHA! Christmas is waaay to long to wait.

Tromboy

Smash Cadet
I will probably end up getting it for Christmas, which is exactly what I did with Melee. The extra 22 days won't be much of a problem for me, but I will hate going to school with my hands over my ears.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
they keep saying 'Get Ready To Brawl! 12.3.07'

I'm ready....but I gotta wait till the Winter/Christmas Break thingy starts...

w/e...hopefully the instruction booklet can keep me busy for all those days....T_T

JPW

Smash Ace
well for us PAL regions I reckon we'll be waiting even more, just think how lucky you are.

I reckon by February Brwal will be in PAL regions, so we could more deprived than you will ever be. I'll probably be dodging this forum after it's released over there.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Deprived? Ha! I'm getting it mailed to me the day of December 3rd! Along with Galaxy, whenever it comes out.

This doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for everyone not playing it when everyone else is. lol.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
As a college student, I will be skipping classes on December 3rd. Brawl release will be my "religious holiday". :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry if this is considered thread hijacking but I wanted to make a thread about this but this seems like the perfect place.

When you get your copy of SSBB, what's the first thing you are going to do? Who is the first character you want to play as?

I am going to try out every character against a computer proably. Maybe get my friend over to play it. I can't wait to play as Pit, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda, and Kirby (his hats).

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
I preordered Brawl and Galaxy on the same day, now I just have to wait for November 12th, and the rest of Brawl's wait should be smooth sailing.

and I feel bad about you UK guys, why can't they just language lock things instead :(

Top Bottom