• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you Brawl deprived?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I will probably end up getting it for Christmas, which is exactly what I did with Melee. The extra 22 days won't be much of a problem for me, but I will hate going to school with my hands over my ears.
I'm a highschooler and I only know 2 friends that are interested in Brawl, and they BOTH have to wait until Christmas. Looks like they won't be making me jealous by going "BRAWL IS 5000000 GR34T!!1" .

Also, I won't be on SmashBoards from December 3rd to the 25th because it's going to be impossible to avoid everyone posting the entire character roster and whanot.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Entire character roster sounds righteous. Count me in.

In fact... if I could learn everything that's on the game now... so be it.

I can see it now... "Game and Watch isn't on here? AWESOMENESS!!"

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
yeah, im definitely getting brawl asap. i sat outside best buy for 36 hours for the wii, im sure as heck getting brawl the day of. and i wont be on smashboards, either...ill be too busy brawling!!!!!! lol.
Lol so will I be the only one avoiding smashboards? Also, am I the only one waiting until Christmas besides the guy who said he'd be covering his ears? =[

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Infact over here in Aussie and in there in ENGLAND we speak the same language. OMFG!
I think they should just release a Japanese version, an English version, and a version containing all those languages(I dont want to list them all cuz I know Im going to forget one....I always forget one of anything....sometimes)

or maybe not....

but I do want to know whats going on during those 5 months....

_Slick_

Smash Ace
What they should do is make a version with every language on it. But they won't because most of Nintendo are *******.

Though they are forgiven for great games. =]

blayde_axel

Smash Master
True, but that wouldn't solve the PAL vs. NTSC version problem. If only they could destroy that. I mean, it honestly doesn't make any sense. Why should Aussies have a totally different version than Americans if we speak the same language?

Weed

Smash Lord
i pre-ordered brawl today, i felt a little bit better.

but now I feel worse from reading the tragic tales on this thread :/ props to africa

_Slick_

Smash Ace
True, but that wouldn't solve the PAL vs. NTSC version problem. If only they could destroy that. I mean, it honestly doesn't make any sense. Why should Aussies have a totally different version than Americans if we speak the same language?
Exactly. DS is the only "system" that doesn't have that shizz. Thank god it didn't or I would've only had Pokemon Diamond for like 2 months now... :urg:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
...And I SWEAR Nintendo and Sony said their next consoles weren't gonna be region-locked. Oh well. Always the fated Nintendo Oos (Pronounced "Us") and the PS4.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Lol. Nintendo Oos. I thought they said it was going to be the Nintendo Nice Sex and Time Machine. :p

INCLUDING THE SAME CONTROLLER FOR NICE ACTION. xDD

Ya, bad attempt to be funny. I know.

Also, aren't there some differences between the NTSC and PAL versions?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ahh, it's just whatever comes later (which is normally PAL), they have more time to get the bugs out. If I'm not mistaken, you can't do the Extend-O-Grapple with Samus on PAL?

Also, the frame rate's different. NTSC runs at 60, while PAL runs at 50. You could try out some emulation and see what's the difference!

D

Deleted member

You Americans think you've got it so rough. I'd jump for frickin' joy if I could get Brawl by Christmas!! Living in England, I'll be lucky to get it by MARCH.

SHUT UP YOU SPOILT, WHINING LITTLE SHlT.
Big Leipzig Announcement: Brawl Released in the EU Christmas 2008!

You lucky *******s always beast us anyway :p.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Im English... OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

I CANT even wait a day after Dec.3rd, let alone MONTHS!!!!!!!:freak:

Wait a minute:idea:... didnt ol' Sakurai say he was gonna try and launch Brawl within the say week or month or something, internationally.

Heres hopin' I remembered right! :colorful:

~~

Wow... a lotta smileys, colours and italics/boldness/underlineynessness...

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
lol i never had to wait for myself i planned it out perfect, i got a job a toys r us i month b4 the wii came out and when it did i held one out for myself and for brawl i reserved it

_Slick_

Smash Ace
lol i never had to wait for my me i planned it out perfect, i got a job a toys r us i month b4 the wii came out and when it did i held one out for myself and for brawl i reserved it
Um, could you repeat that? I don't speak n00b. Sorry. :laugh:

Your memory better be right whoever posted before this guy that I quoted.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
what do you mean, its not that hard man, i got a job at a local toy store knowing that they would get wiis and when the came out i was working a the time and purchased one myself i dont know how you couldnt understand that did i dingo bite you in the head when you were a baby or something

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Wait. Is that a stab at Australia? Because I couldn't care less.

Also, is THIS readable:

lol i never had to wait for my me i planned it out perfect, i got a job a toys r us i month b4 the wii came out and when it did i held one out for myself and for brawl i reserved it
And plus your total lack of grammar and punctuation.

I may be harsh saying this but I seriously couldn't understand what you said.

Sorry if you think I'm being mean.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is considered thread hijacking but I wanted to make a thread about this but this seems like the perfect place.

When you get your copy of SSBB, what's the first thing you are going to do? Who is the first character you want to play as?

I am going to try out every character against a computer proably. Maybe get my friend over to play it. I can't wait to play as Pit, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda, and Kirby (his hats).
My first order of business would be to unlock Jigglypuff, assuming Zelda is still a starting character. I need my mains.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
You Americans think you've got it so rough. I'd jump for frickin' joy if I could get Brawl by Christmas!! Living in England, I'll be lucky to get it by MARCH.

Spoilt isn't a word. Maybe if you actually learned English, you could get it at the same time as North America.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they should just Language Lock it.

And btw people! England is only PART of the UK!!
yes but they won't be releasing the game in welsh, gaelic or irish will they :)

i know we got chargers earlier but i'd rather have smash on time and no chargers at all!

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i pre ordered it but idk if they will have enough in stock T_T i can barely wait until dec 3rd and waiting extra would kill me lol. even if i did get it the same day its on a monday so i ahve to wait until schools over and do my homework first >.< Since thats the few weeks before vacation i will be overloaded with extra homework and projects and will have no time to play T_T. and i would never go online because i dont want any spoilers.

Congratulations.

You have succeeded in making yourself look like a biggot and an idiot all at the same time.

You don't need to flame someone because of another persons personal complaints. You're not getting the game when we're getting it, so what? Tough cookies. Just shut up and deal with it, you'll get the game eventually.

Top Bottom