• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Well going from a perspective of being highly unlikely or very little chance:

Bill Rizer from Contra: we have Castlevania representation in Smash, Contra would be super amazing to have in some form as a counterpart but the chances for it seem non-existent. The last Contra we had was the spin-off in 2009 Contra ReBirth on WiiWare, and another spin-off called Hard Corps Uprising in 2011, which was the first not to carry the Contra title. There have been mobile games coming out since then, like Contra Evolution and Contra: Hero Returns but they have all been Chinese exclusives, and the 3DS Contra was mysteriously cancelled years ago. All that is to say Contra has had very little attention from Konami over the years and it's hard to find any new content relating to it these days outside of a homage to the series with Bill Rizer/Lance Bean costumes in Super Bomberman R. If I could have any one appearance for him it would definitely be in his blue armor from Contra III, but maybe he could also have alternate costumes much like Shulk having a shirtless alt. All of this going alongside porting Shattered Soldier to the Switch would be over-the-top amazing (or better yet, an all-new Contra) after all, Shattered Soldier was coming to the GameCube but it was also cancelled.

Ark from Terranigma: not quite sure where to draw the line in obscurity, but this was definitely a gem of a game with an amazing soundtrack. Anyone who has played the game I'm sure would agree that having Ark as a spear user would make an interesting opponent (not to mention spiking the attention for a hidden classic). Really wish this game would get more exposure.

Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers: Treasure's N64 gem that ironically has a lot of smashing and throwing things around. Would fit very nicely and I'd love to see the Beastector make an appearance in some way.

Red Savarin from Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Another great and simple RPG largely unknown with an interesting storyline. I'm not sure how he would work as a fighter, whether he'd be controlling his mech like Bowser Jr. does his clown car, or if he'd be on his own with a sword weapon much like the intro to the game would show. I guess they could have things like his zap gun for stunning opponents similar to ZSS, and transforming into a hybrid for additional special moves or attacks. As a bonus, someone did at least hack Red Savarin into Dissidia Final Fantasy.

LoreAbidingCitizen

Smash Rookie
Stepping away from my more comfortable and likely picks, Slash from Snowboard Kids. I don't think he'd fit in well at all and his game's time is long done, but that doesn't stop my heart from wanting him, not as much as say Banjo or Zant but I'd still be hyped. Also Auron from FF 10, but again, no relevancy to Smash.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Leon Powalski.

His chances as DLC is pretty low but I'm probably the only one feeling he'd perfectly round out the StarFox roster perfectly more so then Krystal and Slippy since both Fox and Falco would have their rivals.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think I got another one. Barbara. I never played her game, but I love bats and I think her design is cute. I can't find out much on this character, so I would have loved to see her fleshed out in Smash. But it looks like not even her Assist Trophy is returning. Shame that.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think I got one, nowhere near the top of my list of wanted characters but...
:231:

D

Deleted member

Plum from mario golf

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I'll add two more to my list.

Bendy (BatiM)

and....unironically...

I think Freddy Fazbear could be an interesting character. Whether he draws his moveset from the main games, FNaF World, or both, I think he could have a very interesting moveset.

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Grovyle from Mystery Dungeon is my undeniable most wanted. He could be a versatile zoner who uses items from Mystery Dungeon. Maybe he could have a hunger mechanic or a Emera mechanic.

Dusknoir from Mystery Dungeon as well. He could be a lightweight who feels like a heavyweight. He has quite a few moves to pull from and could feel very ethereal in nature.

Truly I just want Mystery Dungeon content. Even just a costume for Pikachu would satisfy me.

D

Deleted member

Now that Piranha Plant is a thing, it would be cool to see the Larva Metroid in the next Smash.

He could be fun in regards to moveset, and the Final Smash would be the Super Metroid form.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime is my number 1 character, but he's got a few supporters...

But Zhao Yun on the other hand no-one wants, and yet I think would be excellent. A spear User in smash, who's iconic, and has incredible combo potential; yes please! And this from someone who's only played 2 main line Dynasty Warriors games (I generally prefer the liscensed and Samurai games, but none of those have a front and centre spearman).

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Freddy fazbear becuase he represents indie games and would have a unique moveset

but Also

Dirk The Daring becuase i think he could be a fun, unique joke character

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I have lots. Giga Bowser, Swampert, Tressa, Primrose, Cyrus, and Tiki.

I think my biggest wish would be for Owain from FE Awakening, but with an actual cursed hand. It would stray from canon a bit, but would be entertaining and different from what we have already.

I would also go for Linebeck or one of the Bravely Default cast (I've seen support for Agnes, but I'd probably rather have Edea or Magnolia).

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Alright, this is an odd one, but I was trying to think of a character that could somehow represent the wildlife of Pikmin, and I ended up thinking the Emperor Bulblax could be a good fit.
A couple of people have suggested the Plasmwraith, but I feel like he's too bizarre to represent Pikmin's natural enemies. The way I see it, it would have to be a Bulborb, but despite the inclusion of Piranha Plant I don't feel like the regular Bulborb is good enough on his own, plus I feel like on its own it doesn't really have too much moveset potential. On the other hand, the Emperor Bulblax was a final boss and has enough design characteristics and attacks to allow for a potentially interesting moveset. I do see one problem, and this will sound weird coming from a devout Ridley supporter, but proportionally to Olimar he might be too big? Not really campaigning for his inclusion, but it's just more of a fun thought.

Uh, I guess there's also Giygas/Giegue, but he's actually decently popular (though most people wanted to see him as a Mewtwo clone of some sort). He's not at the top of my list either, but he's way more realistic than the Emperor Bulblax. I mostly just want to see how they'd represent his icomprehensible attacks in Smash.

Other than that, all my other character choices aren't that out there, just vaguely underappreciated at worst.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My most wanted characters for the 2nd Wario & Pikmin reps are...
Piyano.jpg

Shake King, The Electric Tyrant!
And...
yes_is_titan_dweevil_by_xsoulthehedgehogx_d5atmm6-fullview.jpg

Titan Dweevil, Ruler of Dream Den!

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Shinguuji Korekiyo from Danganronpa v3. Although Danganronpa is popular I haven't seen much people wanting him for Smash.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Henry Fleming from Codename: S.T.E.A.M! He’s got a badass steampunk design,
potential to be really unique as a fighter, and would represent what I think is one of the best forgotten games in the Nintendo library.

Sadly will never happen because only 12 people actually bought the game and it has no hope of ever seeing the light of day again, so no one is asking for a S.T.E.A.M rep.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I thought I was one of the only Adol supporters but I find that there's more than I thought after I made the thread for him.

I've even seen him mentioned on other sites such as Gamefaqs and such of late. So Maybe it doesn't count now.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Booster would be funny as hell. Imagine a trailer where we see Mario, Bowser and Geno walking in a line, and the music that kicks in is a new composition of this, and it turns out this isn't a trailer for Geno, but for Booster. However, Geno comes out alongside Booster, of course, haha.
I'd want Hammer Bro if Piranha Plant wasn't in, but not as a DLC character.
Too many Mario characters at this point though, I'd only want to see Geno, everyone wants him though, haha.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Not everyone
Well, obviously. But it's like saying "everyone would be happy to see Crash." Sure, there are some who wouldn't, but the small amount of people complaining would be weighed out by the large quantity of people cheering, just like with Geno.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, obviously. But it's like saying "everyone would be happy to see Crash." Sure, there are some who wouldn't, but the small amount of people complaining would be weighed out by the large quantity of people cheering, just like with Geno.
Never underestimate the power of complaining, if there’s one thing we brits know it’s complaining

Emelie

Smash Cadet
If I'm allowed to dream I would want Prince Richard from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls" and "Link's Awakening". I would like to imagine that Ralph from Oracle of Ages would be an alternate costume since they shared the same sprite in the Game Boy games. I'm still a little sad that nothing Oracle related made it into Hyrule Warriors.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Billie Blaze (Commander Keen): An icon from DOS era overshawed in Smash speculation by Doomguy
Marco Rossi (Metal Slug) One of the most iconic SNK game series, pretty popular in Arcade era
Pitfall Harry (Pitfall): Unfortunately forgotten in time, it was an icon of videogames and one of the best-known characters of Activision for a long time

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Ruby Heart. The only original fighter from Marvel vs Capcom 2's roster. From Street Fighter's Ryu to Fatal Fury's Terry, would be pretty cool giving that a rep in Smash being a timeless fighting game classic too. Weird not to see any support for her.

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Ruby Heart. The only original fighter from Marvel vs Capcom 2's roster. From Street Fighter's Ryu to Fatal Fury's Terry, would be pretty cool giving that a rep in Smash being a timeless fighting game classic too. Weird not to see any support for her.
Amingo: I'm a joke to you?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choice is the player character from E.V.O: Search for Eden (mainly in mammalian form). It would fit old school/obscure rep, but a moveset would be difficult.

A Rep from War of the Monsters would also be a fun choice. My main choice would be either Robo-47 or Preytor.

That is all I got for now.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
The Batter from OFF. He's a cool and mysterious character, but I don't think he'll ever get in. His game is too obscure and violent.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
The Batter from OFF. He's a cool and mysterious character, but I don't think he'll ever get in. His game is too obscure and violent.
You're not alone my dude, given that game's odd nature, he'd bring in tons of craziness.

I'd like to see Rudy the Clown from Wario Land 3 and Dr. Mario 64 as a WTF out left-field character.
If we don't get Rayman in this game, he'd be the replacement :D

Jokes aside, I just like the character and I feel he could be a blast to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom