• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Project M has been added as a side event. We need as many FULL SETUPS as possible for that, so please speak up if you can bring one. Remember, your venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup for any game (Melee, Project M, or SSB64).
Hm. This would have been good to know a couple weeks before hand, rather than a couple days. Would have love to come out to this, otherwise, but I don't see it happening.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I couldn't confirm Project M until I had a TO who could run it, sorry. It's 100% happening at this though, looking forward to it.

Rat

Smash Lord
Here's the PM Ruleset.

Project: M Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Pause OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Port Selection: Players may elect to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who chooses their port first.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages
Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege
Norfair (Brawl)
Skyloft

After each match:
1. Winner announces THREE(3) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Trail has groupies? Damn son, where can I get some?

OH needs to let me know if they need rides, I'm down to drive to this.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Important Announcement:

As some of you are aware, EVO 2013 is having a donation drive competition to determine what the final featured game will be at EVO 2013 this summer -- whichever community donates the most money towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation will have their game featured at the event. The deadline for this donation drive competition is January 29th, and Super Smash Bros. Melee is currently trailing Skullgirls by a narrow margin.

With that said, I'm increasing the venue fee for this tourney to $10, and ALL MONEY that results from this additional venue fee will be donated to the Melee at EVO 2013 fund. This is because I think having Melee at EVO is just that important, and it's the best investment we could make for the game and the community that we love.

I hope the additional $5 is not a dealbreaker for anyone who planned on attending, but I'm absolutely certain this is in the best interest of the Melee community and that donating is the most important thing we can do right now. You have my word on this course of action -- I'll post a receipt of the donation that results from the additional venue fee at this tourney. Last but not least, if you bring a FULL SETUP to the tourney, you will still get your venue fee waived.

If you'd like more information about the Melee at EVO fund including the current standings, visit this thread on Smashboards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332276

If you'd like to donate towards the Melee at EVO fund ahead of time, visit this page: https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
how many people are planning on attending?
it'll be a 35-45 person tournament likely. maybe more. OoS bonus of $50. every sweet is over 40 I believe, but that's based on just memory. juggle can confirm.

mango i don't want to crush your dreams tho

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Looks like a lot of Ohio is coming to this. Odd though, seeing as how lately they aren't even attending their own tournaments >_>

Dart!

Smash Master
Yo snuggleguy, after this one could you let me know on Facebook ASAP when the date for next one your hosting is? I wanna go. But I can't make this one. Thanks either way!
Also I don't get on smashboards as much that's why I'm asking

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
^ Ohio sucks man =( Hanky said all he does is play break the targets!
Yeah, OH does suck dude. Columbus never travels anywhere cause they're lame. And the rest of Northeastern Ohio is just flakey. That's why I'm really surprised that so many people are planning on attending this tournament.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this and bringing a couple people with me. For 64. So I need verification that its for sure happening . If anyone needs a ride, I'm going from Lansing to aa. Anywhere in between is fine. I'm not coming in time for Melee though

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
Yeah, OH does suck dude. Columbus never travels anywhere cause they're lame. And the rest of Northeastern Ohio is just flakey. That's why I'm really surprised that so many people are planning on attending this tournament.
OH doesn't host events anywhere near the quality of Juggleguy's

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sorry for the delay. I've updated the original post with rulesets for Project M and Smash 64. We'll also have paper copies of the rulesets available on Saturday so nobody gets confused.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
SWEET has always been a Melee series hosted by a Melee TO.

Although, Rob has considered hosting a Melee & Brawl local in the future.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
OH doesn't host events anywhere near the quality of Juggleguy's
I'm sure this was probably a joke, but if you really are going to go out of state vs going to a local 10-15 minutes from your house, which by the way, happens every month, then that's just plain dumb dude.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm coming to this and bringing a couple people with me. For 64. So I need verification that its for sure happening . If anyone needs a ride, I'm going from Lansing to aa. Anywhere in between is fine. I'm not coming in time for Melee though

Of course 64 is happening. Gio is TOing and I have a couple others who are bringing setups -- but we need more just in case, because I'm not sure how many UM locals will show up. Can you guys bring 64 setups to this?

Xzax, no Brawl at this one because there's just too much to host on one day already, but the next SWEET (Feb 9th) will have Brawl included.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
There will only be one stream, and more than likely it will have all the events on it. At the very least, Melee doubles, singles, and PM. However, it all depends on if Roki is attending or not, should anything random bar him from coming.

Top Bottom