• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

PB&J

Smash Hero
good stuff hax and dj i thought the top three would be those three people,i just didnt know the order.

Can't wait to be in Ny again

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Wow, i did not think unknown would lose o_x TRISTATE! and GOOD **** MARK. I saw all those matches, good job pulling it out!
Thanks man fighting sheik is stupid! Now I know what I put people through :\ lol

I'm glad I won though.

good **** dj holding it down for ny

also holy ****r mark actuakllyy entering? putting int that workl yo
yeah man, I was hyped.

Then had to fight chaingrabs -_-

Alukard

Smash Hero
SORRY BEEN SUPER BUSY!!!

Doubles

1: DJN + Alukard ($56.00) told you we got that **** ^_~
2: g$ + hax ($16.00) lolol G$ and hax hate each other yet they team
3: unknown + abate ($8.00)
4: Twebb + swift
5: ryobeat + jsex
5: Sol + phish it
7: Gonzalez + Armageddon
7: mark + the moon
9: cap'n smuckers + smokey

Singles

1: Hax ($196.00)
2: DJ Nintendo ($56.00)
3: Unkown ($28.00)
4: Abate
5: hazz
5: G$
7: Swift
7: Sol
9: MARK!
9: Twebb
9: The MOON
9: Slox
13: PapaSpitFire
13: Armageddon
13: sorto
13: Jsex
17: Gonzalez
17: Deez
17: Smokey
17: legend
17: paramedic
17: Jeff
17: Cap'n Smuckers
17: Phish it
25: ryobeat
25: Bred
25: Sled
25: bolt

i'll make shoutouts later tonight ... but shoutouts to slox for getting 3rd without any competition and thinking that means hes suddenly godlike ...

http://api.ning.com/files/OcbLB-a-f...UwAkvYDAI77w67sOQmYx7i3gCDn0PA/cmonsonbig.jpg

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yo Alukard, you might think that G$ and The Moon aren't competition but I've been playing for less than three years and both of those players are definitely competition to me. Both wins are impressive to anyone who knows them too so please don't come at me with that bs. I never said I was godlike but I definitely don't think I deserve LAST SEED in the entire tournament and definitely shouldn't have had to play Bolt in first round losers. (Like every No Johns where you seed CT to play each other ASAP)

I wasn't even that salty about having to play Unknown first round because I would have had to play him or Hax eventually but you said to my face that I was one of the three WORST PLAYERS THERE. I asked you again and you said you honestly believed that.

Ok, fair enough. Can you post up that bracket image though?

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS

Doubles
1: DJN + Alukard ($56.00) Good **** , guys, you guys better place TOP 5 at Apex ;)
4: Twebb + swift=Me and jsex will get you guys next time, GUARANTEE THAT.
5: ryobeat + jsex=Thanks for teaming, i feel like we always can win, but we never get it! Ah, its alright, we'll kill people next time ;) AND THAT UPSMASH I DID VS OUR SECOND TEAMS SET WAS ****ING RIDICULOUS.
5: Sol+phish-it= Ive never laughed so hard from get ***** in my entire life. Please keeping doing monster voices.
7: Gonzalez + Armageddon= GGs

Singles

5: hazz= Thanks for wrecking me :D Gotta learn.
7: Sol= Im proud of the few games i took from you, but you sir, are a monster. Nice job on 7th! :D
9: MARK!=Your tournament run this time inspires me to do the same, I will keep practcing, so watch out when you see Ryobeat in bracket ;)
9: Twebb=STILL DIDNT PLAY YOU.
9: The MOON=WHY HAVENT I PLAYED YOU
13: PapaSpitFire=Im gonna beat you, we just didnt have another match afterwards, IT WAS A LIE.
13: Armageddon=Yo next time ask for more peach help! We gotta do some dittos, teach each other tricks. One of us will have to be Armada someday, better start working now.
13: Jsex=You are an awesome fox, i see you just as good as me, and i wanna be better, so though im cool with you, stay on your toes ;) Anyways, fun friendlies, good teaming.
17: Gonzales=I WON THE PRIDE MATCH<3333 haha, GGs, i'll DESTROY YOU NEXT TIME. Im training.
17: Cap'n Smuckers=If i ever see your *** as anything else that isnt pikachu...i will kill you.
25: ryobeat=You got last you scrub, get better.

THANK YOU ALUKARD FOR HOSTING, i will try to come to as many of these as i can! And rom 5. You ran this tournament REALLY WELL.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I really don't say much about seeding because I know stuff happens, but like slox really needs to be seeded with some sort of integrity next time. I mean dude has done well at the last two no johns. To consider him as like bottom 5 out of the pool of players there was horrible given that he beat The Moon and G last time, then got **** seeded this time against unknown round 1 and STILL placed well(beating phish-it deep in losers is). Comeon now, lets be fair here. The kid has been putting in work and I would feel bad if I hadn't tried to vouch for him. I mean not to be a d!ck or anything but like his seeding was completely off. I can't even fathom logic behind it to be honest.

I understand that things are stacked. I mean players like myself, abate, DJN, Hazz, G , are hard to seed of course, but like Slox is an easy seed. come on.....

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok ... so like you guys do know that there was 28 people at the tournament right ... theres only 8 seeds available ... even hazz got a **** seed ... honestly beating someone ONCE EVER and placing ONCE in top 3 EVER out of alll the no johns i've hosted ... lets be real here... i'm not saying that he didn't deserve a win but i still dont agree he deserves a seed over people like twebb and the moon who actually place EVERYTIME EVERYWHERE they go ... one win doesn't make you the best ... i've beaten pretty much everyone in tristate ... doesn't mean i'm better then they are ... its just the way things work ...

open tio enter the 28 players and look for yourself ... and then honestly tell me where i can put slox ...

i didn't even seed hazz and i even told hazz i didn't seed him and he said " I respect that because I dont place like that " i seeded twebb over him ... and he was fine with it ... so i mean if him getting 7th instead of 9th means that much ... i'm sorry ... but when i enter tournaments i try to win the whole thing

So i will overlook your condescending tones ... but heed the gravity in mine! ...

#kidsthesedays

EDIT !!!

honestly this community is sooo kiddish about something so irrelevant to a win ... like you enter the tournament to prove yourself and win it all ... only thing that gets seeded in everything else is best friends not playing each other ....

wheres the drive anymore ?? *****z need to watch some FGC vids or something and change their attitudes towards the big W

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Looking at bracket, Slox couldve been in any of the following spots:

Jeff, Gonzales, legend, papspitfire, ryobeat, Sorto, deez, armagedon.

I gotta vouch for my guy man. Slox is a younger player and has plenty of drive. Thats why he still beasted. He was so determined to prove you wrong about the seeding and actually talked about his matches etc etc the whole ride home. Dude was hype. He has been traveling and stuff alot. In short he has been putting in work and doing ok. Not asking for godlike seeding and anything, but like any of the latter spots in bracket wouldve been fine. He also was put right next to bolt.(but thats another story....) You def can forecast losers from the first round in their case. More than likely they were going to face each other.

Not looking for you say omg Im wrong or w.e(even though I think that in this case you were VERY off) but like at least see where I am coming from. This isn't about me its about a young player with drive who I feel got a little overlooked after a solid performance in beating both G and the moon last tourney. Now he has jsex, phish-it and whoever else lost to him on the list.

so now im kiddish.......

Alukard

Smash Hero
Looking at bracket, Slox couldve been in any of the following spots:

Jeff, Gonzales, legend, papspitfire, ryobeat, Sorto, deez, armagedon.

I gotta vouch for my guy man. Slox is a younger player and has plenty of drive. Thats why he still beasted. He was so determined to prove you wrong about the seeding and actually talked about his matches etc etc the whole ride home. Dude was hype. He has been traveling and stuff alot. In short he has been putting in work and doing ok. Not asking for godlike seeding and anything, but like any of the latter spots in bracket wouldve been fine. He also was put right next to bolt.(but thats another story....) You def can forecast losers from the first round in their case. More than likely they were going to face each other.

Not looking for you say omg Im wrong or w.e(even though I think that in this case you were VERY off) but like at least see where I am coming from. This isn't about me its about a young player with drive who I feel got a little overlooked after a solid performance in beating both G and the moon last tourney. Now he has jsex, phish-it and whoever else lost to him on the list.

so now im kiddish.......
are you really arguing this ?? putting him in either of those places he'll still play someone who will beat him second round ... that is the point of seeding ... its players that have a better track record get seeded so one side of the bracket isn't randoms getting a free trip to finals .... and then trying to add others to this resume ... i dont know what else to say to that

also you were the one that told me that he only plays with only you last no johns ... so him playing vs bolt should be something they never exp.

and i mean kids to obviously slox ... because he is the only kid i was talking to ... unless you are like 16-18 and look like you're 20 sumthing lol

seriously those 8 people place better then him and got put somewhere else ... ONE PLACING at a tourney with like 18 people and only 3 "top good" players?

S l o X

Smash Champion
I meant no disrespect at all, I was just really salty especially as someone who plans on running tournaments in the future. I just don't understand how Mark vs Bred or Sled and Captain Smuckers is first round over Slox vs Unknown.

I definitely plan on winning the tournaments I go to but do you realize how impossible that is when I have to play one of the few people I see myself losing to at this FIRST ROUND?

Having to play my best friend immediately after is prob the only thing that actually bothered me besides that. Not telling you how to TO but I just think bracket could have been better.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Gotta side with swift on this one. How the hell is slox vs. unknown a round 1 match when spitfire vs. legend is also round 1. Also, what's with Sol having to play unknown round 2 when Abate gets to play some rando in the same round. It basically looks like unknown wasn't seeded. Unknown didn't get a bye while sorto did wtf LOL. I know unknown is not from the region but everyone knows he's like top-3 in Canada so there's really no excuse there. I really hope that ROM5 has better seeding than this catastrophe.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I meant no disrespect at all, I was just really salty especially as someone who plans on running tournaments in the future. I just don't understand how Mark vs Bred or Sled and Captain Smuckers is first round over Slox vs Unknown.

I definitely plan on winning the tournaments I go to but do you realize how impossible that is when I have to play one of the few people I see myself losing to at this FIRST ROUND?

Having to play my best friend immediately after is prob the only thing that actually bothered me besides that. Not telling you how to TO but I just think bracket could have been better.
ok so let me get this amazing attitude and drive that i'm hearing from swift correct ...

" I plan on winning the tournament ... but only if i don't play vs good people ? "

HUH??? da fuq?!

oh and i'm sorry you both lost ... i could've moved one of ya but dam i thought mayb one would win ...

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
Um, in a 28 person bracket, there are 4 byes. Top seeds should play the byes, Dj, sorto, G$, moon got first round byes. I mean, I don't understand how you can even pretend like you tried to seed this....

but hey, just one nobody's opinion.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
1: Hax - beast *** controller. as usual we didnt play at all
2: DJ Nintendo - i use to think that ur wins at no johns was cuz there wasnt much competetion but now that i seen u beat hax and unknown i have more respect for you
3: Unknown - i hope u break in that controller and teach me sum fox stuff i got the tech now i need the.......everything else lol
4: Abate - ur a evil person but ur kool. that luigi is something else
5: hazz - you honestly should be seeded over me cuz ur still really good at the game dont doubt yourself
7: Swift - we got this next time. not our best performance but we got this
7: Sol - back to the hyperbolic time chamber
9: MARK! - ur 1st time i seen u enter singles and u got other people calling u inspirational...ur a boss
9: Twebb - -_- when will you gain the confidence to do better
9: The MOON - always fun to play wit ya
9: Slox - seeding wise yes u were seeded low but u still got 9th. In a way alu is right, when u come to a tourney u should be like im going to win this no matter who or when i gotta play
13: PapaSpitFire - pleasure as always
13: Armageddon - nice peach but u need to learn how to crouch cancel
17: Gonzalez - nice set u took a game i wont llet that happen again
17: Smokey - nice ganon but i would invest time into falco or falcon for the long run
17: Cap'n Smuckers - nice pikachu just work on ya nerves and u will be a threat in no time
17: Phish it - back to the time chamber
25: ryobeat - didnt play but i blame lack of set ups
25: Bred - y play samus when u can have fun
25: Sled - u got drive never lose that and work on falco we dont have enuff of those in tristate
25: bolt - u need to get that rust off and come back. sry u had to play ya homie super early

thanks for hosting alu rom5 is gonna be beast

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
also you were the one that told me that he only plays with only you last no johns ... so him playing vs bolt should be something they never exp.
Fair enough. I did say that. You are right with that so my bad.

everything else.........there is obviously some large disconnect(too large) here between our philosophies and I rather not spend the rest of my sunday or monday trying to make that bridge. And I think I am safe in assuming that you rather not either.

cutting my losses...

Alukard

Smash Hero
Um, in a 28 person bracket, there are 4 byes. Top seeds should play the byes, Dj, sorto, G$, moon got first round byes. I mean, I don't understand how you can even pretend like you tried to seed this....

but hey, just one nobody's opinion.
the way a bracket works is to make sure the top players are seeded away from other top players till 2nd-3rd round ... having a bye first round means nothing if you lose after which happened to sorto ... you guys really need to worry about getting 1st place and not just getting one win for youtube fame

S l o X

Smash Champion
your logic right now is: if you are gonna lose the tourney might as well lose as fast as possible and that's just dumb.

are you really arguing this ?? putting him in either of those places he'll still play someone who will beat him second round
i don't think thats true at all. i think with almost all of those spots i would have made it to round 3 and even potentially 4 but thats not the point.

the point is that i had a last seed with 0 reasoning behind it and that the bracket is just really poorly seeded to begin with. (in marvel terms this tournament for me was like: r1: im alukard vs justin wong / fillipino champ > i lose 2-0. go to r1 losers i have to play rayray)

/giveup/

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I understand your philosophy, Alukard, but that's not how seeding works. For a bracket of this size, 1st seeds get byes and 2nd and 3rd seeds play each other first round. Then the winners move on to play the 1st seeds in round 2.

Upon further inspection, I wouldn't necessarily say that slox was seeded poorly. Rather, it was unknown that was seeded poorly (he wasn't seeded), which ended up screwing over slox. I hope that makes sense.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
bracket was hard no matter how u looked at it. plus the tourney is over. in the end twebb is fake so lets all just move on.

Alukard

Smash Hero
your logic right now is: if you are gonna lose the tourney might as well lose as fast as possible and that's just dumb.

i don't think thats true at all. i think with almost all of those spots i would have made it to round 3 and even potentially 4 but thats not the point.

the point is that i had a last seed with 0 reasoning behind it and that the bracket is just really poorly seeded to begin with. (in marvel terms this tournament for me was like: r1: im alukard vs justin wong / fillipino champ > i lose 2-0. go to r1 losers i have to play rayray)

/giveup/

that did happen to me at EVERY MAJOR ... my matches at winterbrawl were yipes first round and i won... and then had another top player AND I WON ... and i kept winning and got 7th place...

At apex first round i had to play CHRIS MATRIX one of the people i TRAIN with Every week !! rayray had to play moonz one of his closest friends in the fgc ... we didn't say **** ... we play our matches and try to win the tournament ... its about winning ... like i said seeding is just spreading out top players so one side of the bracket isn't a free ride for the randoms

dont compare it to FGC PLEASE because they only seed 1st and second and seperate sponsored players ... everything else is *hits generate bracket*

so you saying " /give up/ " means you aren't ready for the W anyway ...

also steve how dare you even compare a small local to a ROM major...

listen if people want a cake walk to semis so then they can brag about a bracket image then i guess i'll let it rock

i'm done on this and i'm sorry about the bolt thing ... i truly am

next tourney i'll give you your own section on the bracket ... dont fail k

in other news the new venue is almost ready ... so next no johns might be there

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
OH, dat new venue ;) Gonna have to WIN THIS TOURNAMENT...... ha. Not just yet, BUT NOT GET DEAD LAST. Yeah, lets go with that<3

PK Webb

Smash Champion
motivated like vergil and brainstorming new ways to go about my chaotic style. i gotta start ****** and i gotta start now. as for cake walks to semi's f dat. that happened at hot ashes and i wasnt feelin it at all. i want to play difficult ppl in tourney win or lose. next no johns EVERY1 BRING SET UPS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and ill record and or stream if its at the new venue

S l o X

Smash Champion
nah i said /giveup/ because it felt more like arguing than actually trying to figure out why the bracket wasn't good but i'm fine. it's in the past honestly and you are right i shouldn't worry about placing because if it aint first it doesn't matter.

new venue sounds legit tho. lol mike steve

shoutouts: ggs phi**** jsex unknown bolt oh and G$
unknown: next time i play you i won't be as nervous and i'll win. 2nd game was tight. thanks for coming down.
phish-it: ggs hope to see you at hall of gaming. gotta work on not forcing shield grabs even if the reward is amazing, its why i won game 3.
jsex: ggs the life of fox is a hard one.
bolt: love you bro ! gotta live with you for a straight week or something before hog or rom!
g: 2nd set so far and semi close i dont think im ever gonna marth ditto you again LOL 3rd game i got bodied but i promise next time it will be closer. ggs you should drive out to swifts tourney in ct.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I understand your philosophy, Alukard, but that's not how seeding works. For a bracket of this size, 1st seeds get byes and 2nd and 3rd seeds play each other first round. Then the winners move on to play the 1st seeds in round 2.

Upon further inspection, I wouldn't necessarily say that slox was seeded poorly. Rather, it was unknown that was seeded poorly (he wasn't seeded), which ended up screwing over slox. I hope that makes sense.
again what does that mean ... screwing over? he had to play someone that is good at the tournament ... that means he's screwed? You guys really need to google search what a tournament or competition is all about ... REAL TALK

motivated like vergil and brainstorming new ways to go about my chaotic style. i gotta start ****** and i gotta start now. as for cake walks to semi's f dat. that happened at hot ashes and i wasnt feelin it at all. i want to play difficult ppl in tourney win or lose. next no johns EVERY1 BRING SET UPS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and ill record and or stream if its at the new venue
Seriously like i've told you this before twebb ...this is why people get good because they dont meat ride and they give it their best and treat everyone like dirt when playing ... enter the tourney with the intent of winning not dodging good players and dealing with them later

Nintendude

Smash Hero
again what does that mean ... screwing over? he had to play someone that is good at the tournament ... that means he's screwed? You guys really need to google search what a tournament or competition is all about ... REAL TALK
He had to play someone good in the first round, giving him a very hard losers bracket. This hurt his chances of placing in the money. Your philosophy would make sense if you only paid out to first, but the fact that you pay out to top-3 or whatever implies that you think that 2nd and 3rd matter. It's contradictory.

btw who the hell is steve lol

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with Alukard. First off, this was a tough tourney, so honestly, everyone got pretty hard brackets. But the complaining of bracket **** is ridiculous. This happens at every tournament to someone. And this leads most people to ask for seeding. But all seeding leads to is ranked players having an advantage over unranked ones. Is it fair that because someone is new to the scene but still good that they have to play the BEST player? Yeah! But its just as fair as a decent player or good known player having to play that best player. If you are new and all the tournies you go to are seeded then you will get bracket ***** at everyone. So, how can you ever do well unless you are really the top of the top and just new. Sure seeding produces the best results. But that's cause they keep the status quo results. If you are first in your state and get seeded as such then you get the easiest bracket and are in a mathematical advantage to do well in every tourney you go to. Also, lets be real. All that matters in the end is the paper. And all the best players there won money. It is not like any of the players whining about seeding were really in line to place top 3 anyway. I thought the brackets seemed fine and it was more so just a tough tourney. I always thought if time permitted that pools would be cool. Maybe it would elliviate some of the salt. Overswarm wrote a cool post about pools I def suggest to anyone to check it out.

Alukard

Smash Hero
He had to play someone good in the first round, giving him a very hard losers bracket. This hurt his chances of placing in the money. Your philosophy would make sense if you only paid out to first, but the fact that you pay out to top-3 or whatever implies that you think that 2nd and 3rd matter. It's contradictory.

btw who the hell is steve lol
i dont even know why i wrote that LOOOOOL

he shouldn't want 3rd is what i'm trying to say ... he needs to WANT 1st ... i'm tired of debating this ... lets just leave it at we didn't agree with the bracket and i'll make sure to cater to the way the smash community sees things ... deal?? =]

Top Bottom