• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I got 4th b/c it was day 3 time was running out and the moon came down.

But real question, why is it so fun to say the moooooooon?

Edit: also did people play crews? We must of left b4 that happened i guess

:phone:

odinNJ

Smash Lord
yeah we did crews, low tier madness, pikas weegs roys ness link gand and watch samus ganon etc. more low tiers than high tiers. crazy :laugh:

Alukard

Smash Hero
sorry i'm late with this guys !! busy body status ... big marvel tournament this weekend (wish me luck)

Singles

1: djn
2: g$
3: THE MOON!
4: ben greezy
5: luke
5: twebb
7: knut
7: rykard
9: smellycat
9: bred
9: pyro
9: internet Explorer
13: captain smuckers
13: morning thunder
13: odin
13: sword
17: dirty deeds
25: cmac

shoutouts to everyone that came i had a blast ... draft crews were fun ... get at the luigi twebb and the moon... ^_~

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey all, relatively new to the smash seen ( been playing in the troy area for around nine months ) and only been to a few local RPI tournaments, looking on coming down for the next no Johns, I see that a time has yet to be posted, but is there a range of dates currently decided? Work and travel is flexible for me, but I need to know if it's happening during the week or not so I can request a day off in advanced. Thanks.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm thinking about hosting the next no johns on the 23rd ... next weekend basically ... let me know what u guys think ? because the two weeks after that is going to be too busy

PK Webb

Smash Champion
nyc has no interest in dissention same way how ne has no interest in no johns soooo i dont see a conflict here......plus dissention is almost 5 hours away..........5 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Isn't there sudden death on the 30th? I think this is why you all have such small turnouts; tournament burnout

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
DoH you are asking some people CARE about the scene and not money made off tournaments

CLEARLY you jest sir :)

--Though I agree which is why I may not run melee in Manhattan anymore...what is the point if most people are burnt out from traveling to these super far places in ny.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Isn't there sudden death on the 30th? I think this is why you all have such small turnouts; tournament burnout
not everyone that comes to no johns are able to go to sudden death so the people that show up to no johns are basically screwed to wait for 6 weeks for a tournament thats why i posted and asked before just doing it...

DoH you are asking some people CARE about the scene and not money made off tournaments

CLEARLY you jest sir :)

--Though I agree which is why I may not run melee in Manhattan anymore...what is the point if most people are burnt out from traveling to these super far places in ny.
what exactly are you trying to say ?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
that it costs money to travel and if people have no money from travel + 10 venue + 10 singles + 10 doubles then why bother doing them in the first place in manhattan ?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
that it costs money to travel and if people have no money from travel + 10 venue + 10 singles + 10 doubles then why bother doing them in the first place in manhattan ?
aight, you know what, time to call you out. You know damn well he was talking about your snide little comment about asking for people to care about the game and not the money. Stop with the bull**** man. MD/VA is a solid 4+ hours away from No Johns Venue, you can't coordinate tournaments that are more or less locals between the two.

And where do you get off talking to Alukard about caring about the community? Who the hell put together RoM? Seriously, while you were off calling Melee tournies a waste of time, Alukard was planning a hype-*** national that kept Melee players going. Don't come in here and act all high and mighty and then blow it off like you weren't being a **** when you take a cheap shot at someone.

Max?

Smash Champion
I was thinking about tagging on with Wes here about how fake all of you are, but nah, I'll let you handle this one.

Alukard

Smash Hero
aight, you know what, time to call you out. You know damn well he was talking about your snide little comment about asking for people to care about the game and not the money. Stop with the bull**** man. MD/VA is a solid 4+ hours away from No Johns Venue, you can't coordinate tournaments that are more or less locals between the two.

And where do you get off talking to Alukard about caring about the community? Who the hell put together RoM? Seriously, while you were off calling Melee tournies a waste of time, Alukard was planning a hype-*** national that kept Melee players going. Don't come in here and act all high and mighty and then blow it off like you weren't being a **** when you take a cheap shot at someone.
wheres the ****ing "like" button ?? LOL

seriously though i feel melee is hype enough to have tournaments every week like marvel ... its just that we need something for the newer players because they aren't going to get anything off going 0-2 lol ... so i mean draft crews happened last time i even played and it was alot of fun ... i'm just tryin to get a no johns in since its going to be like 6 weeks till the next one because of all the stuff coming up in the following weeks

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
really 6 weeks wtf...

damn...

Sorry about before brian. I already said it in private what is on my mind.

Alukard

Smash Hero
6 weeks isn't that bad, especially when there are other tournaments to fill that void
the thing is that some of the people that attend no johns WONT go to the others because its too far away thats why i'm asking

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
nyc has no interest in dissention same way how ne has no interest in no johns soooo i dont see a conflict here......plus dissention is almost 5 hours away..........5 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well maeby if no johns werent hosted on the same dates as NE tourneys then more people would go, come on guys, TO's should be talking to each other so tourneys arent run on the same dates. As i've alredy mentioned i've looked at all the the tourneys that are happening theres nothing scheduled anywhere on the 7th. I personally would make it down if its on a date wich doest conflict with any other tourney near my region

Constellations

Smash Rookie
No johns is the ONLY regular tournament less than 2 hours from where I live so, yeah, unless I get a job before then, I want the 23rd.

~Luc

PK Webb

Smash Champion
dude nyc would never drive out to mass. and 98% of the time ne doesnt come too no johns and we dont go to mass madness swagg and smash in a box. u just gotta make a choice.

Max?

Smash Champion
Vanz are you back?

well maeby if no johns werent hosted on the same dates as NE tourneys then more people would go, come on guys, TO's should be talking to each other so tourneys arent run on the same dates. As i've alredy mentioned i've looked at all the the tourneys that are happening theres nothing scheduled anywhere on the 7th. I personally would make it down if its on a date wich doest conflict with any other tourney near my region
You know, it's only Mass that ever *****es about this stuff. No one in NY/NJ is gonna drive out to a Mass Madness. We have no drivers, gas is expensive and frankly no one gives a **** anymore.

dude nyc would never drive out to mass. and 98% of the time ne doesnt come too no johns and we dont go to mass madness swagg and smash in a box. u just gotta make a choice.
Exactly

well i remember back in the old day's people traveled more for smash tourney's, i feel it hurts our community if we dont get more regions playing each other
Yeah, well the good old days are ****ing gone. This game is old as hell and we gotta face facts about the scene and where it stands now.

Back in the old days gas was 2 30 for gas and ppl had more incentive to play/travel lol

:phone:

Travon running this thread.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
unfotunately gonzo trayvon's point stands. The divide in distance except for maybe some larger events creates the separation more than anything. I myself do not even go to no johns as much because of the fact that there is so much NE stuff going on as of late. We do talk and stuff, but when it comes down to it, alukard can only get certain dates. I notice that most of this tourneys are at the beginning of the month and notice that mine are near the back end of the month we almost never clash, but that doesnt matter because NYC doesnt show anyways. Only drivers are in manhattan and Long island. Thats like 2.5-3hrs.

the biggest NE tourney(mass madness) is like 4-5 hours away from NYC and NY so like same day stuff even in the case of a large event doesn't mean much.

New England needs a large national series comparable to cataclysm to come back. right now we kind of piggy back off of NYC/outskirts........Or we can be like the at having locals like we kind of are lol.

Top Bottom