• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Fight Pitt IV - Streamed by VGBootcamp - April 19h (Pittsburgh, PA)

Groovy Green Hat

Smash Rookie
Good games to all I played (and those I didn't play). The tournament was great fun.

I think I left my laptop charger at the venue... if anyone happened to see a lenovo thinkpad edge charger on one of the tables at the end of the tourney, let me know.

-Hat Guy

Laijin

Smash Hero
I do have one complaint about the commentary.
The commentators were positioned way too close to the stream TV to the point where the players can CLEARLY hear everything the commentators were saying. I'm not complaining about the distraction, I'm more so complaining about the fact that the players could get "coached" and coaching is pretty frowned upon/banned at most tournaments.

Example: During my Match vs The Lake, I got him in a jab lock. One of the commentators said "Well hmm I wonder if he can Up-B out of it". He immediately then tries to up-B out of it.

That shouldn't be the case. Turn up your mics or something. Players shouldn't be able to clearly hear the commentators.

That is my only complaint.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
I noticed this as well. If I am indeed the one streaming FP4, I will be bringing a second monitor that will move the commentators farther from the actual TV, similar to how VGBC did it at Pound 5.5. It'll also remove the commentators responsibility to update scores/names, as if I stream the next tourney I will not be entering, and rather do dedicated stream-management.

I say "if I'm streaming" because I feel that we can get a streaming conglomerate (like VGBC) for the next Fight Pitt, which will make everyone's lives easier and give us some higher quality capture. As much as I'd like to keep it in-house, it's quite a stressful endeavour. But who knows? If I'm not actually playing at all, I'll be able to focus 100% on it and keep it run a lot smoother.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
FIGHT PITT 4 BABY

Here's what's new:
1. Streamed by VGBootcamp!
2. Stepped up the Chipotle game. 75 free burritos to the first 75 attendees. 150 buy one get one free coupons
3. Preregistration. Venue fee is $10 at the door, but only $5 with preregistration. Of course, a setup waives the fee in full. The form is in the Smashboards thread.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
You can't resist Chipotle. And if you say you don't like it you are a damn liar. Anyway, Hopefully I'll have off Saturdays by the time this happens. Otherwise, I may need to take off anyway for this haha.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
WV is gonna be at this one for sure. I'm expecting 2 players and upwards of 6 guest speakers.

Last edited:

BrolyBig

Smash Rookie
I'll be there for sure. I'll enter melee brawl and project m. will have to practice brawl for a little whil;e to bring back the talent. haven't played it in awhile.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Not in this building exactly although we will have Chipotle. There's a lot of nearby food places though

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So apparently there's a tournament the day before as well at CMU? Is there anywhere I can find more information about that? I might try and go to both.

RecycledKaos

Smash Rookie
Are custom control schemes legal? Can I turn off tap jumping in Project M?

How many PM players are there in Morgantown?! I know there's a pretty big Melee gathering there
I'm not really sure, about a year ago I found PM and got a bunch of friends into it. I only happened to join the forum recently, although we've been working advanced techniques for over a year now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom