• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approximate U-throw KO %'s (Without DI) *UPDATED 8/24/08*

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I figured since MK's U-throw has KO potential it would be a good idea to know at what %'s it can kill.

After testing I came up with this:

-

Heavy Weights
King Dedede -------------- 193%
Snake --------------------- 185%
Donkey Kong ------------- 184%
Ganondorf ---------------- 176%
Bowser -------------------- 176%

Medium Weights
Ike ------------------------- 175%
Captain Falcon ----------- 175%
Link ------------------------ 173%
Charizard ----------------- 170%
Wolf ----------------------- 170%
Wario --------------------- 170%
Yoshi ---------------------- 167%
Samus -------------------- 164%
Ivysaur ------------------- 164%
R.O.B. -------------------- 162%
Lucario ------------------- 161%
Sonic --------------------- 161%
Mario --------------------- 160%
Pit ------------------------ 160%
Luigi ---------------------- 159%
Marth -------------------- 157%
Diddy Kong--------------- 157%
Ness ---------------------- 156%
Toon Link ---------------- 155%
Lucas -------------------- 154%
Falco --------------------- 153%
Ice Climbers ------------- 152%
Peach -------------------- 149%

Light Weights
Olimar ------------------- 148%
Pikachu ------------------ 148%
Zero Suit Samus -------- 148%
Zelda -------------------- 146%
Sheik -------------------- 144%
Fox ---------------------- 143%
Kirby -------------------- 142%
Meta Knight ------------ 142%
Mr. Game & Watch ---- 136%
Squirtle ----------------- 135%
Jigglypuff --------------- 129%
-

(All tests done from the middle of FD)

EDIT: Thanks to Mew2King for correcting me about differences between %'s in VS. mode and Practice mode; hence why the %'s are now approximate.

Just something to help the MK community; (I apologize if this has already been done).

-Affinity

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
it would be cool if someone testet out how much of a difference DI and smash DI does, percent-wise.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
sweet

sweet now if some keeps on blocking or doging your kills (not likly) then you uthrow them just for fun.XD

Hype

Smash Lord
I'm surprsed Dedede is the hardest to kill with an Uthrow, him not being the Heavyest. I thought it would just be dependant on weight.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
someone needs to do this with battlefield (especially the top platform...)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^^ I don't think too many people hang at the top platform in BF, but on the topic that is a nice reference.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i sort of have a picture what char dies at what %s with back n up throw if i used my downsmash and cant gimp or shuttle loop

best place to do it is like on the top platforms of smashville and BF

t3h

Smash Rookie
Usefull stuff, I would like to see how the platform on smashville will effect this

also @ nash123: bowser's the heaviest, Dedede is like 4th behind DK and snake (or so i believe)

unit182

Smash Apprentice
^^^ I don't think too many people hang at the top platform in BF, but on the topic that is a nice reference.
actually, you can grab them under the platform, then u-throw and then you will get them on the platform

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's worth noting that platforms can take these % down by varying degrees (I believe the highest platform on Battlefield makes it about 20-30% less).

Great job Affinity. This is definitely going to be extremely useful.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
MK up throw kills another MK at 142 in vs mode, not 153. Training mode is different than Vs mode, all moves are 5% weaker (in damage) and ~6% less in knockback based off kill %ages usually.

Jiggs and Snakes up throw do exactly 10.5 in Vs mode, and 10 in Training Mode

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
MK up throw kills another MK at 142 in vs mode, not 153. Training mode is different than Vs mode, all moves are 5% weaker (in damage) and ~6% less in knockback based off kill %ages usually.

Alright, I'll update it.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice

**** M2K's smart as hell i new that they did less % and knockback in traing but he even figured the exact % in damage and knockback. where does he find the time to do this LOL.(that's why we love u M2K LOL.)props to u M2K for helping out all the smash commuity with your time and dedication to this game.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Affinity, do you think that you should make a category list based on weight so that you can put people in three categories and find an average kill percent for each of the categories (Light-weight, Medium-weight, and Heavy-weight) so that we have a slight idea on what percents we can estimate on for killing with Up throw. I find it a little difficult on finding this information useful if it is difficult to memorize the percents...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
you should probably test like the up throw % for snake and DDD and jigglypuff and stuff manually, so that it's more accurate. It goes by 5%, but based on kill %s its more like 6% but it probably wasn't programmed like that. I'm sure it was programmed by exactly 5% difference, the kill %ages might vary. I suggest you test each of these, AT LEAST SNAKE, DDD, FALCO, WARIO, GW, ETC, THE TOP TIERS manually, as soon as you can, then update it.

edit - ive played brawl less than 200 hours combined since i got it when it came out, but i have to redo everything i did since my wii got stolen last week at smashtality 4

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i up threw rob at 163 no DI he didn't die, and your list says 162 kills

your formula is wrong, those %s don't kill, it needs to be higher, that's why you should have done more tests like with Snake and DDD and some other commonly used characters

edit - I just up threw rob at 165......... no kill

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
i up threw rob at 163 no DI he didn't die, and your list says 162 kills

your formula is wrong, those %s don't kill, it needs to be higher, that's why you should have done more tests like with Snake and DDD and some other commonly used characters
That's why they're now approximate. I've just been too busy to go through all the testing required.

Top Bottom