• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approches for diddy kong

HMD

Smash Journeyman
I need help finding a new approch because usually what i do is i throw a banana and then I throw the opponet. Another approch I use is throw the banana then use the dash A. Antoher way I do it is I approch with the b air. Thease approches get prodectable i need a new approch

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
the Flip kick attack, I cant remember the name right now, Diddys side B. Use the kick of it to hit the opponent. It has very high priority.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
yeah sometimes i do this but when i do it i get hit

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I like to throw a banana at them, then another banana. Then what I do is go and pick one of them up and throw a banana at them. I do this until I can get a smash in.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
That sounds good i'll try it

don't want to double post

i tryed this it can be blocked or reflected the thing is a brawl against my bro and he uses fox (soul ark)

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
That sounds good i'll try it

don't want to double post

i tryed this it can be blocked or reflected the thing is a brawl against my bro and he uses fox (soul ark)
That's safe shield pressure bro. Let them make the moves, you just punish the moves and punish the shield. After a while you learn to predict what he or she will do too. Game just gets easier.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
awsome i just 3 stocked my brother by dribbling. EPIC MINDGAMES

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
shoot an uncharged peanut at the opponent, they'll usually shield it, so immediately chase after the peanut and grab your opponent, pummel once, dthrow, chase and grab, it'll work at least once because people expect diddy to use his dash attack

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I use bananas, but not so much in approach. They're mainly for punishing and mindgames. Banana at edge=win. My approach is usually dashing A to utilt, usmash or ftilt or forward B (sometimes kick, sometimes not.)

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I jump up in the air with my back turned to the opponent, let out two bananas, throw one forward and the otrher upwards. I then dash attack and pick it up, glide toss it upwards, and then do a dashing Usmash.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I usually use bananas as part of my approach, although it's possible to get a throw in if your opponent trips or uses his or her shield, but the dash attack U-Tilt/Smash usually hits or pushes them back enough that they can't shield grab you. Otherwise I use N-Air for a vertical launch and sometimes B-air for knock back. F-Air is a bit risky, although it's out longer and has a better reach, it has a quite long recovery, especially when it hits the ground. Mix 'em up a bit,so it's harder to guess. Try some improv, like running through your opponent who might think it's a dash attack, and hit an unexpected F-Smash. Don't know if that works, but that could (or not be) a WTF moment if it works.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I use bananas, but not so much in approach. They're mainly for punishing and mindgames. Banana at edge=win. My approach is usually dashing A to utilt, usmash or ftilt or forward B (sometimes kick, sometimes not.)
Banana's are your best approach in every conceivable way. You always use them over anything else if you have chance.

soul ark

Smash Ace
so this is what my brother does when i beat hmm into a shame spiral...hmm

will this work on a space animal im not sure if the projectile spam would be a good fit for a reflector

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
augh, space furries are frustrating matchups for diddy in general
i'd say falcos the worst, then fox, then wolf

~AceR~

Smash Cadet
If you alternate between your library of approaches, they shouldn't be so predictable. That is, if you keep up a high speed game so not do give them time to think.

rob.bot64

Smash Rookie
Instead of glide tossing the banana at him and sliding forward when you approach, glide toss the banana up or down and he will probably try to use his reflector then you can grab, ftilt, or whatever. Just mix this up with the other approaches. Works all the time on my brothers falco.

soul ark

Smash Ace
is diddy all mind games???

i ask because the counters for the reflector questions are lacking in substance. not to say that it's bad but if you were to know the player and how he/she usually approaches the diddy in the scenario would be screwed. that is unless you keep you approaches fresh and unpredictable i suppose.

my question still stands

Top Bottom