• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex- Singles Tournament Highlights

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
Apex Tournament (August 6th-8th) Singles tournament highlights.

I've had a lot of problems with youtube and Vegas, so excuse the lack of youtube link (so far), songs used, and some of the editing syncing (basically I can't get this video how I'd like it at all), but either way enjoy the fruits of this awesome tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK4xeYi-rg4

Alternative Music by Spam Arrows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrIRqCgivkI

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I'm downloading this mostly because I want to see clips from all the Axe videos I've already watched... Hopefully it will be worth it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
A bunch of it was excellent, but some of it, I couldn't understand why you included it. Like, someone getting hit twice or something. Or axe chain grabbing shiz several times into an upsmash. That's not really a highlight i would like to see. It was just uthrow x8 usmash.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
The most of the chaingrabs (IC, Axe) were to do with original syncing attempts, and wanting to show different aspects of play at least once to represent the tournament. But I agree whilst some clips felt intense in the match while picking out clips, they probably didn't translate well into the video, I just felt bad cutting them (I've already cropped the edges of almost every clip anyway). Perhaps since the youtube version is still giving me problems, I'll recut those parts since I'm not happy with a few either.

Glad you liked the rest.

I knew that if I upload the original uncompressed files for my tournament videos, someone would youtube download them and make a combo video out of it. :laugh:

Something bad happened to the video quality. It looks so bad.

You made everything else right.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hard to judge without audio however...

it is very very very difficult to make a video that lasts longer than 7 or so minutes while still maintaining interest. There was some filler and what not, gotta trim it down. Otherwise, hard to judge the first effort.

[game theory]

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Great compilation. I know these take a lot of work. I just wish I knew who the players were. Maybe you could put the player with character, color, tag, and opponent in the description.

Nice job.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Combo videos are for the most part better if they don't drag on. With that said most people don't seem to notice this isn't quite a combo video. It's all of Apex in 15 minutes more. I'd say aside from the quality messing up somewhat it was a pretty well made "Highlight video"

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
random black marth is often not me

axe's parts were best imo, because seeing pikachu is rare
m2k are you talking me you missed him? I swear who freakin misses thowing pokeball? I mean I bet you'd miss out on caughting m2 because you didn't get a master ball or something. well I geuss if you caught a pichu you could train it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Or appeal against the copyright claim, it's really easy, look it up

i believe there's a sticky on it in the brawl section which could really do with stickying in the melee section too as it's amazing how many people don't utilise it.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
Even though the music isn't how I wanted it, I did appeal the mute, but the the companies reviewed the claim and remuted it.

Spam Arrows- nice initiative whilst I've been so slow (uni things to do). I'll add youtube audioswap music to mine as that's what I was going to do today anyway, but I'll definately accept your video response, nice job. If I could get a credit in the description it'd be awesome, cause I think yours will be the more viewed one competing against audioswap :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Even though the music isn't how I wanted it, I did appeal the mute, but the the companies reviewed the claim and remuted it.

Spam Arrows- nice initiative whilst I've been so slow (uni things to do). I'll add youtube audioswap music to mine as that's what I was going to do today anyway, but I'll definately accept your video response, nice job. If I could get a credit in the description it'd be awesome, cause I think yours will be the more viewed one competing against audioswap :p
oh ****. Sorry! I was so tired I didn't think to add in credit for you. My bad.

Top Bottom