• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, Wam can jail Vic from now on, yeah? If we can get the roleblocker Today, we'll set up a chain where scum have to kill Wam > Vic > Mala to get to Mala.
finally, someone who actually gets what I mean when I say we have free ****ing tempo

No.
1. Vic claimed his protection was a one-shot
2. Jailor prevents his target from being killed or taking actions
what the **** are you even trying to say here? Vic said his protection was 1 shot but that it gives PERMA IMMUNITY until Vic dies. Vic doesnt have to keep using his ability, according to his claim Mala will now be immune from death until Vic dies first. Unless the jailer also roleblocks "channeled/ongoing" abilities instead of just preventing incoming ones from working on the target and preventing the target from sending active abilities out, we have a protection chain in place. Mala jails vic who now cant be killed outside of a strongman/hitman or mala being RB'd. If vic doesn't die, mala can't die, so scum have to kill Vic first to get to mala, and if scum have no way to stop wam from jailing, then they have to kill wam first to get to vic.

Fonti there wasn't a reason. Two people commented about me pushing hard on laser and people thought I was lyncher earlier so I was being silly.
:glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:

Xivii Xivii Do you give out a gun every night?
oh **** nevermind! It's once per game. I was under the impression I'd be giving them out every night.
:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:

if it wasn't for RR confirming your claim I'd be frothing at the mouth for your lynch at this point

Didn't Frozen slip by saying everyone and their mother targeted Mala?
Its always validating having people confuse a correct read with TMI

Ok. I am Loba the parity cop.
I targeted Malakandra and was given a "team" not his alignment.
THIS IS NOT HOW PARITY COP WORKS LMAOOOOOO

when I hear "parity" cop I hear "comparison cop." Comparison cop picks two targets and gets a "matched alignment" or "non-matched alignment" result. The **** is this bull**** claiming "I'm parity cop and I targeted one player and got his team." This is literally just a pseudo cop claim with the wrong role title, scum!bessie giving up but throwing out a bull**** claim for ****s n gigs because we're demanding it? highly convenient to claim a result on only the IC and nothing else, she literally gets to claim and do the bare minimum without committing herself to providing additional info for us to read into post scum flip

My protection should work fine vs a daykill, I guess I could explicitly ask.
you should definitely ask because there is def a difference between "night kill immunity" and "immunity to all lethal actions"

and my role demonstrates the difference:

I'm Wraith, the Town Interdimensional Skirmisher. I have a single passive ability called "Into the Void." Once per game, when I am targeted with a lethal night action, I phase into the void and temporarily exit the game for that night phase and the following dayphase rendering me temporarily immune to all abilities as untargetable as well as causing myself to not be counted for vote majority calculations or toward win conditions (i.e. I am essentially treated as temporarily "dead" for that night phase and the following day phase, and as such I don't count toward town's numbers for purposes of calculating whether any other faction has achieved their wincon). I return to normal play at the start of the following night phase. basically it's the the traditional commuter role but automatic/passive and a one shot instead of being an ability I can choose the timing of but without the one shot limitation

given my ability explicitly says it only triggers when targeted with a lethal night action, I think Vic's ability is worth clarifying as mine seems to indicate it is ineffective against a daykill

Vote: Bessie

Maven89

Smash Master
Parity cop is different from comparison cop. A parity cop gets a result for an alignment but it doesn’t say what that alignment is. For example, they check player A and get a result of “blue”. Player B is also blue, and on night 3 they get that player C is “green”. Whether blue or green is town is not known until a flip.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm Town Mason.

I have a passive called Good Comms that allows me to talk to Bangalore (Ryker) at any point outside the game thread.

Wam

Smash Ace
I'm Town Mason.

I have a passive called Good Comms that allows me to talk to Bangalore (Ryker) at any point outside the game thread.
Is it specifically stated that ryker is town in your pm?

fontisian

Smash Champion
We're operating woth different definitions of parity cop:

bessie bessie what exactly was your result on Mala?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're operating woth different definitions of parity cop:

bessie bessie what exactly was your result on Mala?
wow, TIL

I am constantly impressed at the mafia community's ability to come up with ever more creative and interesting variations on the cop role, I've legitimately never seen either of these two cop designs in a game before and am absolutely going to incorporate them into future setups I design

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
bessie not providing her exact result in her initial claim is ****ing suss af that's literally the only valuable thing she can provide us how the **** do you leave that out

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Each faction is one team. I don't know which faction is which alignment. Which is why I picked Malakandra.
like she literally acknowledges that we need more info to make her result meaningful and thus Mala was a fast track to behave like novice and SHE DOESNT EVEN CLAIM THE FACTION LOL LITERALLY STILL HIDING INFO FOR NO REASON WHETHER SUBCONCIOUS OR NOT

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm Town Mason.

Xivii Xivii told you you would never find the crumb. That Bessie **** came out of left field for me.

I have never heard if this cop variant too, but I just hate the IC target. That seems sooooooo bad.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii told you you would never find the crumb. That Bessie **** came out of left field for me.

I have never heard if this cop variant too, but I just hate the IC target. That seems sooooooo bad.
fwiw:

Use and Power
If a Parity Cop wastes an investigation on a player who has a known alignment, they effectively become equivalent to a Novice Cop, a fairly strong role. However, the role is probably more powerful when used on players who are hard to read, like a regular Cop is; if at any point any of the investigated players die, then the alignment of all the others will retroactively become known, and Cop-type information is generally almost as useful even if it's significantly delayed in arriving.

Maven89

Smash Master
Awesome. Who wants to see Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii forced to claim or die? I do!

Vote Xivii

On a more serious note: I do have an offer for you. I'll claim if you'll reciprocate. I don't want to have to deal with you all game and pinning you to a role you have to back should make it easier to keep you in my friends folder.
I’m on mobile so I can’t bold it, but he spells Eido by ending a sentence with an E then starting with IDO three times in his first post, including once by adding an :, so I think this checks out

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don’t care for the cult talk, for me I don’t put alignment changing roles in my games but that is a me thing.

actually I misread my role pm I have to actively reploy the death and I have shrouded in darkness but a lethal action will destroy my death totem. I dunno if this affects night actions targeting me but nothing specifies it.

glad I did not or otherwise if that is true I would not have gotten the gun.

fontisian

Smash Champion
wow, TIL

I am constantly impressed at the mafia community's ability to come up with ever more creative and interesting variations on the cop role, I've legitimately never seen either of these two cop designs in a game before and am absolutely going to incorporate them into future setups I design
They're standard in allstars setup (so named because it's used by Super Mafia Allstars).

Normal parity cop play is to hunt for a different, then claim it asap. A same check on people who obviously aren't scum together is also valuable. Targetting a confirmed town first is negative ev.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Did Frozen and Ryu claim the same role?
moor less, we have almost the same role.
Revised mass claim order:
Vicarin
Bessie
Xivii
Frozen-must claim after Xivii and before Eido no one claim before him if later on the list
Eido
Red Ryu
Fonti
UP
Boomfrog
Anyone who has something to add to an earlier claim.

You are allowed to claim when online if you are 1 slot away from the current person up, counting people who have already voted.
fontisian fontisian you are up

Maven89

Smash Master
Out of all of these I find Frozens claim to be the worst, since it’s impossible to prove unless he gets night killed, which if he is mafia will never happen (and if he does get shot his claim is irrelevant anyways)

Wam

Smash Ace
Ryu can you target yourself with the gun you got? Could prove your town.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I have not heard back from UP as of yet, and do not think he has been online. He will receive a second prod this evening at 8pm. Still actively searching for replacements though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
As I said before, Ryker made multiple Mason crumbs with different people. He made a bunch specifically about Maven. For instance, when Maven made his first post and I said "this is probably scum," Ryker replied to my post spelling out that Maven was Mason, something like "Maven Always Scum" something something. Now, Ryker is going to argue that he did this as misdirection. But there's something condemning. Ryker also crumbed mason with Maven on the first page (or second, can't be bothered to check). He said "I'm going to be sick. How many clears do we need." Hinting that he was caustics partner. But how would Ryker know that was Maven's role?

Also Maven crumbed being ryker's partner in his intro post as well. I'm mobile right now and can't bring up the quotes, but I implore everyone to check. Ryker is scum.

Vote: Ryker

Top Bottom