• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm thinking. If the Mafia team isn't Fonti / Triss, at least 1 Mafia lies off that Wam wagon.

Both their content feels good, mainly UP's play and Fonti's aggressive POE (she has been clearing all the right players). So that could mean Mafia wanted the Wam wagon to build and fail. I'm looking at Boom / Maven / Vic here. All 3 were on Laser's wagon, all 3 wanted Frozen to be shot (not Bessie). Both Boom & Vic made immediate calls to who they thought the SK was.

My doubts here with these 3 are Vic's claim, Boom placing Bessie at L-1, and Maven's disappearance.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
fontisian fontisian How do you feel about Boom placing Bessie at L-1?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Cool cool, there it is.

Vote Fontisian

And that thought process only makes sense if he thought I was town, when at eod 1 he actually said that I should shoot him if I'm scum, which implies he thought I was scum.
I followed you D1 because you were likely town, the comment was mostly just a reference to last game.

Tbh, if Boom flips town, you guys can actually just yeet me, because that means I'm atrociously wrong about everything.
100% do not let her wiggle out of this in any way. Let her get her final reads list out just in case we all suck, and then auto yeet her. This was exactly her MO last game. Hard town-read everyone except a group that is just the right size to fit a mafia, then after a missyeet reevaluate and find one more possible scum.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Ryker town, Xivii town, Maven town, Frozen probably town.

Good luck.
Never yeet Maven. Look at Bessie if I die.
Maven's push on Laser also just feels good.
In this spot, the real Eido would talk to y'all about why Maven is town, how Triss has some town points, and convince everyone on Wam. I don't have the energy to do that. Instead, Frozen, Vicarin, I'm going to ask you to trust me and yeet Wam instead of pursuing your personal suspects Today. He will flip scum.
The scum team is Bessie/BoomFrog/Maven.
I'd be up for yeeting Maven Today instead of Boom, pending discussion with Mala and Eido.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Boom are you able to give examples from the last game so we can see the comparison?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Probably, but right now I need to go cook dinner and it's going to be a busy weekend. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame played that game also, he should be able to corroborate. Fonti town read me hard D3 then D4 flipped me to scum and got me yeeted. D2 LaserGuy and pythag were town but D3 they were scum.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Can we vote for an extension? Discussion seems to be kicking off and Maven's obviously not returning, which is a problem.

Vote: Extension

Trisscar

Smash Ace
We have till the 15th tbf.

The power levels are already confirmed to you, assuming you're town. You know we do indeed have an inno child, masons and a double voter.
Right, but I'm talking more about setup and relative power levels. Which is admittedly not overly helpful atm.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Cool cool, there it is.

Vote Fontisian

I followed you D1 because you were likely town, the comment was mostly just a reference to last game.

100% do not let her wiggle out of this in any way. Let her get her final reads list out just in case we all suck, and then auto yeet her. This was exactly her MO last game. Hard town-read everyone except a group that is just the right size to fit a mafia, then after a missyeet reevaluate and find one more possible scum.
I'm fine with this.

I mean, I'll fight it, but I literally don't think you can possibly be town, so it shouldn't matter.

The Maven posts you're quoting were 1. made before I reread 2. made when I was assuming Wam would flip scum and 3. made before I realized Trisscar is town.

fontisian

Smash Champion
We have till the 15th tbf.

Right, but I'm talking more about setup and relative power levels. Which is admittedly not overly helpful atm.
We won't know the answer to that until we get all the scum flips anyway. I suspect there's either a third party or scum get an extra kill to make up for all the confirmed town roles.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Dinner is take out so I grabbed some extra time.

From Things I Like:
D2
Boom feels town. I hate everything.
Worth noting that if Syn flips wolf, Boom is probably town for those same reasons.
Clear Boom, kill Laser next.
D3
I didn't find any good quotes on my skim, but Fonti was hard town reading me. It was a more nuanced day.

D4
Yeah, no need for a replacement, let's just kill em [Kary who was caught scum].

Boom after probs ends it.
D5
Lol, ok, it's Boom.

Vote: Boomfrog
I'm cool hammering Boom early if you are, Frozen.

I just want to be absolutely, positively, 100% sure I'm not going to final 3 again because it will hurt irl. Never again.
And then following it up by trying to yeet them. There's no way, it's just Boom.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Probably, but right now I need to go cook dinner and it's going to be a busy weekend. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame played that game also, he should be able to corroborate. Fonti town read me hard D3 then D4 flipped me to scum and got me yeeted. D2 LaserGuy and pythag were town but D3 they were scum.
Yes. And you'll notice that's something I haven't done this game, with the exception of Maven, and that comes down to POE. I'm not looking for yeets here, I'm clearing people until those left only have weak reasons to be townread. I compare it to how I treated Mala in Midnight Ops, where I thought some things were very town from him and I expressed that, but I also later realized there were /townier/ people and slipped him back into my poe. Malakandra Malakandra can back that up.

Additionally, part of the reasons I have for clearing Maven earlier were related to points you were harping on, about how he just said "this is dumb" as Bessie was being run up, which is a very weird track for a scum to take. But since you've been the one promoting that idea, Boom, and you're almost certainty scum, I'm doubting my initial assessment of that reaction being towny.

This game has been extremely different from my last scum game here, with me consistently working to clear a lot of people, only one of whom (Maven) is likely scum. I have been looking for townreads and trying to reinforce them. I have been trying to get people to be less paranoid, not more, and to work together.

I am potentially wrong on Maven being scum. I'm not really sure where to look after that. Probably not in Frozen, since I suspect Boom was trying to use him Yesterday and may be trying to use him again Today, but I'm not 100% on that. Probably not in Ryu or Trisscar either. But that leaves Vicarin, and I don't think Vicarin can be a wolf, barring some crazy night actions. So. I don't know what I'd do if Maven is town.

Boom though, Boom just kind of has to be a wolf. Like, there are no other options. He's constantly wolfsiding, he's undermining the towncircle, the person he's trying to slip into it is the likely other wolf in Maven, he has not actual interest in figuring me out, but is willing to try to get me off his back.

Eido asked about the vote where Boom put Bessie at L-1. I don't really care? I think he said "this is L-1" in the post to make a point of it, to make himself look even more aligned with her. I think he felt like he had to vote there, because so many town were coming down hard on Bessie. I think he took a ****ty excuse to get off her. I think he gambled on Ryker messing around with the votes and maybe not being certain on voting for Bessie over Laser, and I think he thought there was a chance that if he voted Bessie there other people might back off, because it made it look like Bessie had fewer viable partners. I think it's similar to how I voted for my partner, Osie, in a key moment in the last game, because I knew it would convince Boom we weren't together so I'd be able to get him to yeet Laser or Pythag instead.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'll be at a birthday party Sunday and won't be able to post at all for hours before deadline.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Dinner is take out so I grabbed some extra time.

From Things I Like:
D2

D3
I didn't find any good quotes on my skim, but Fonti was hard town reading me. It was a more nuanced day.

D4

D5
What exactly is this supposed to prove? That's how I talk, I make strong statements and use absolutes. I do in my scumgame because it imitates my towngame.

When I am scum, there is an agenda. I want town to eat itself, and I push them along the way. That means changing my reads as I go, but I try to make a sort of consistent inconsistency.

When I am town, the consistent inconsistency is real, because I experience doubts and paranoia. But there is no agenda. My reads waver because of the information I receive and my own doubts, not the agenda that scum!me needs. I build town coalition. I try to calm people, like Xivii earlier and Trisscar Today, when they go off the rails. I remind people of the important mechanical info that we know. Scum!me rips towncircles apart, town!me builds them up, so they don't even need me in them to win.

It's hard to do that Today, because I basically have only had Trisscar interacting with me. It's why I need Ryu and Frozen here and talking. I don't want to die and have town!Frozen tunnel into town!Trisscar.

fontisian

Smash Champion
In Things I Like, I turned on Syn (a Xivii/Bessie hydra) Day 2 because they were onto my partners and I wanted them dead. I knew this exposed me a bit, but I also knew I could use tunneling town to my advantage more, and let them kill each other. In this game, I am town and I knew Xivii and Ryker were town from the earliest parts of the game, and I refused to let Xivii get paranoid of Ryker. I realized UP was town when he replaced in, and I went all in on defending him, and wrote up logic explicitly asking people to use it later in the game.

If you look back at where I was mid-D1 (and I just did), Somi and Maven were my two weakest townreads. As other moved and I have learned more, they have been displaced downwards. This is a natural progression of understanding and solving the game. It is not me contradicting myself, as Boom implies.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Here's something else. What Boom didn't add here is that I then said "no, Boom is just the best yeet" or something like that immediately after this. That's because in my reread I then go to the points that had me townreading Maven in the first place and was reminded of them. But, I do not think those points as strong as the reasons for townreading Frozen, Ryu, Trisscar or Vicarin, so by POE, Maven is the most likely wolf after Boom.

Again, I think I could be wrong on that. I do not think I am wrong on Boom.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Vote: Extension

Boom, if you're town, you need to interact with my reads and where they may be wrong. Make a poe that assumes that I'm scum and one that assumes I am town, so I, a town, have something to work with.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I compare it to how I treated Mala in Midnight Ops, where I thought some things were very town from him and I expressed that, but I also later realized there were /townier/ people and slipped him back into my poe. Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra can back that up.
Actually, you still had me as town before we murdered you from my memory and a quick skim to make sure. I think you might have gotten me confused with maybe Z25 who you did slip back into the PoE at the end kinda? relevant quotes for those wondering.
Chaco and Z both feel pretty genuine. I guess I'm wondering if it's possible we're sleeping on Triss or Darkpit?
Yeah, alright, put Z on the chopping block with Rajam Tomorrow.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Either way you knowing your meta just invalidates any meta reads from me because you are skilled enough to play to your meta.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Rereading a couple of bits and found this exchange:

Laser and wam town reading each other has me feeling like they are both town. If High Judge Mala decides to pardon them I think we should look at the coasters: vicarin, FrozenFlame and redryu.
If you had to pick a coaster boon who would it be?

I would pick vic for the post below
Deadline in 3 Hours and 52 Minutes.
From early game I'd also go for Vic.
If Boom is Mafia, Vic looks better here.

BoomFrog BoomFrog Why didn't you identify Bessie as a coaster? She had even less posts than Vic/Frozen/Ryu.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog Why didn't you identify Bessie as a coaster? She had even less posts than Vic/Frozen/Ryu.
My baseline for Bessie posting is much lower then the average player. She posts most on the weekends and struggles in games where weekends are mostly night phases. I also didn't call out Maven or UP for the same reasons. Maven struggles to post in every game, and UP is frequently erratic and often isn't here at deadline. Vic, Frozen and Ryu had posted but their content that'd I'd read was vacious. Active lurking instead of just lurking.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Extension Granted, Tuesday November 17th @6pm is the new D3 Deadline. The Day phase has been extended by 48 hours.

Vote Count 3.1:

BoomFrog(2): Eido, Fontisian
Fontisian(1): BoomFrog

Not Voting(6): Vicarin, Malakandra, RedRyu, Maven89, Trisscar, FrozenFlame

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Maven! Why did you disappear? With no one to fill your place, Caustic, you have become the sacrifice....”
1605366857671.jpeg
A care package lands on top of Maven89, crushing him. Inside the care package is a Two Day Extension for the Day Phase.

Maven89, Caustic, Town Ascetic, has been ModKilled due to repetitive inactivity.

Sorry guys I tried to find a replacement and have had no luck, the pool of possibilities has been saturated due to the size of this game and the community size. He hasn’t responded since D2, so it was time to make a move on that to not suffer game state further.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
One less question mark to think about.

Thinking between fonti and boom right now when I look at past play and what has been going on thinking about this one if I am being played.

I got confirmation from the mod if I was roleblocked my totem would not work along with other items that worked similar to it.

BoomFrog BoomFrog do you have a reference for the meta on fonti? What does that maven flip tell you?

fontisian fontisian given the maven flip you still want boom yes? Where you going after this? Does that maven flip change your mind on anyone?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
RIP

Final Vote Count of D1:
Wam(1): UtopianPoyzin
Xivii(2): LaserGuy
Bessie(4): RedRyu, Wam, Eido, FrozenFlame
LaserGuy(8): Bessie, Vicarin, Maven89, Fontisian, Malakandra, Xivii, BoomFrog, Ryker
Not Voting(0):
End of Day Vote Count:
BoomFrog(2): RedRyu, Wam
Maven89(1):
Vicarin
Wam(7):Fontisian, Xivii, Eido, Malakandra, Ryker, Trisscar
Trisscar(1): FrozenFlame
Not Voting(2): BoomFrog, Maven89

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok wow was not expecting a modkill thats wild but I completely get it

sorry for being MIA guys this week was a hell of a work week and I had a bad mental health day yesterday and couldn't find the energy to keep working on solving this

today is my dedicated mafia day, gonna be here for approx the next four hours at which point I have a prior engagement that will last a few hours and then I'll be back

really kinda pissed maven was town tbh like man it's hard to scum hunt when people play so blatantly anti town, atleast he owned up to it tho

Eido

Smash Journeyman
So basically, it's PoE.

Mala, Xivii, Vic, Eido, and I are all things I'm unwilling to pursue. Ruy is also incredibly high on my list of things not to chase. My one request is to make sure Fonti doesn't get inserted into this group, lest we forget that until it became clear there wasn't support from the other larger voices in town, Font was in favor of saving Bessie for another phase. That's on top of being the heart of the Laser wagon, which was the Bessie counter wagon. I have absolutely no desire to chase that slot right now, but Font has been aiming to end up in that group all game and doesn't merit it unless Boom flips scum. That's my tinfoil hat paragraph.
@Xivii is Frozen ever scum with his righteous anger rant about killing Bessie because her role doesn't exist?
These were Ryker's last important posts. RIP

Posting these for my own reference later.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Switch boom with triss I this is where Im at assuming you flip town, I think booms vote on bessie originally at EoD1 looks pretty good
Can you walk me through this?

And can you comment on Fonti's take on the situation, here:

Eido asked about the vote where Boom put Bessie at L-1. I don't really care? I think he said "this is L-1" in the post to make a point of it, to make himself look even more aligned with her. I think he felt like he had to vote there, because so many town were coming down hard on Bessie. I think he took a ****ty excuse to get off her. I think he gambled on Ryker messing around with the votes and maybe not being certain on voting for Bessie over Laser, and I think he thought there was a chance that if he voted Bessie there other people might back off, because it made it look like Bessie had fewer viable partners. I think it's similar to how I voted for my partner, Osie, in a key moment in the last game, because I knew it would convince Boom we weren't together so I'd be able to get him to yeet Laser or Pythag instead.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Anyone with more experience with Sabrar than me

Why doesn't town!Sabrar come right out and claim double voter? this is the go to pro town move

we were going to figure out that a double vote was floating our there eventually, why keep that information nebulous if you're trying to help town? just creates room for manipulation and confusion

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you walk me through this?
short answer is I just overall think that the sab/UP/triss slot has been scummier by play than Somi/boom's slot and I've articulated why I think Sab pinged and UP's play was meta scum multiple times. Triss has done nothing to rehab the slot and the accidental hammer is a steaming pile of dog ****

re: Boom's vote I'm actively reassessing EoD1, that was a kneejerk conclusion that I just felt at the time but needed reconsideration

And can you comment on Fonti's take on the situation, here:
it's a well reasoned take but I've had to very quickly learn that scum!fonti doesn't suddenly become unable to make strong cases on innocent people

right now the biggest thing that bothers me about fonti is that she has been wrong about a lot of things this game and I feel like continuously wrong fonti very strongly trends toward scum!fonti

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't recall what game it was, but it didn't strike me as particularly odd and for the moment I'm gonna trust my gut and say that it's not OOC.
BoomFrog BoomFrog why did your slot go out of its way to answer this particular general question I posed re: what I perceived to be Sabrar LAMISTing early D1

somi didn't post a whole lot, what do you think motivated this? yes I understand you don't have a crystal ball or cerebro

Top Bottom