• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Hey Fonti, you walked us through your process a few pages back about Sabrar/UP being Town.

You also said you big up the Town core (when you yourself are Town).

Why didn't you try to convince Frozen that Triss is Town?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I knew Red wasn't going to be persuaded. I was just fishing for reactions and you know it.

I have and it's still true. Your power is fake and you were trying to save Bessie, but no one bought it because I crushed your plan.

Yes. I've been Voting for Fonti all day.
I don't believe you, because I didn't know Ryu wasn't going to be persuaded. If anything you really believing that to be the case just makes you more wolfy, because your knowledge that Bessie was a wolf and Ryu wasn't was what made you so sure he wouldn't back down. You plan, then, was always just to make as many people look bad as possible, and see who'd jump on the idea of Ryu shooting someone other than Bessie so you could push them. With me, you were frustrated that I did commit to defending Bessie because of my role, so you tried to force it, and tried to make us look aligned despite my resistance to your fake-ass role ideas.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Hey Fonti, you walked us through your process a few pages back about Sabrar/UP being Town.

You also said you big up the Town core (when you yourself are Town).

Why didn't you try to convince Frozen that Triss is Town?
I did? I literally talked about all the reasons I townread UP Day 1. Then Maven flipped, and I knew one read had to be wrong, and Trisscar was and is the most likely.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Trisscar has requested replacement. I’m going to try and find someone to fill in the slot, therefore I’m going to withhold mod action until Night Phase on this slot.

VC incoming as soon as I get a few minutes.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I did? I literally talked about all the reasons I townread UP Day 1. Then Maven flipped, and I knew one read had to be wrong, and Trisscar was and is the most likely.
Also worth noting that I didn't like how Trisscar dealt with me townreading them? Like, it felt somewhat like they were trying to take advantage of the space I gave them.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Also worth noting that I didn't like how Trisscar dealt with me townreading them? Like, it felt somewhat like they were trying to take advantage of the space I gave them.
How does this work when there's a clash?

You gave UP space earlier in the game, and from that determined he was Town. Same with Sab?

fontisian

Smash Champion
How does this work when there's a clash?

You gave UP space earlier in the game, and from that determined he was Town. Same with Sab?
I don't understand either question.

I generally vary between pressure and space as needed on slots I'm concerned about. Seeing what people do with no pressure is just as valuable as seeing them under a lot of pressure.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
You gave UP space and found he was Town. You gave Triss space and found they acting sus.

When you vote for Triss, how does Town UP weigh in here? I want to know how your read on the slot is working, basically.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen, everyone conceded to you about Triss. Have you come across these types of situations before?

I'm thinking about if Mafia are using you as an opportunity to vote her.
I wouldn't say everyone, boom is against it and fonti has flipped back and forth many times

I'm not sure how to come out on fonti's vacillating, its tough because she could legit be struggling to decide a tough call or is struggling to read the room as scum and doesn't want to overcommit herself. If its triss/fonti it makes her uncertainness make even more sense because she see's two paths to endgame: all in approach focusing on floating triss one more day to be in a power position for endgame or the bus strategy where she displays an repeated willingness to yeet a sinking mate so she isn't turboyeeted upon scum!triss flip

or she can just be town and just as unsure as I am about how to parse the triss slot and the recent AtE

the only reason Im not as hesitant to yeet triss despite the "lack of resistance" you're hinting at is that I think scum know that my clout stock went up going in to this phase and they also know that I'm never letting triss's slot out of my focus so they may have just been resigned to letting that flip happen and setting themselves up for success the flip for the inevitable flip

I also just am really, really uncomfortable with triss's slot in endgame due to the double vote power and the fact that that power is gonna end up in the hands of someone with 70+ pages to read to be even basically competent in a LYLO/MYLO situation

fontisian

Smash Champion
You gave UP space and found he was Town. You gave Triss space and found they acting sus.

When you vote for Triss, how does Town UP weigh in here? I want to know how your read on the slot is working, basically.
It has weight. It doesn't weigh as strongly as Frozen being town, that's as clear as day. It doesn't weigh as strongly as Ryu going after Bessie or Vic likely making the save.

I look for townreads, mostly, and it's easy to see town things in scum when you're looking for it. That's why the weight matters.

Frozen, when has scum!me ever struggled to read the room?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Toyzab - Hasn't read back which is understandable as their were very kind in the first place to replace in, in our time of need. I know Sabrar well and his early playful attitude was townie, scum!Sabrar is generally more reserved. UP's thoughts were town motivated as well, especially the "lists are all the same" thing. Trisscar has been very reserved and very against committing to a read. She's very unbothered by being the building wagon, which is townie. The omgus on FF despite knowing it will look bad is townie too. I don't like her actions, but her tone is very idgaf, which feels town. I'm leaning town, but definitely stays in the PoE.
can you unpack the bolded? I'm not sure I think this is true, she seemed very bothered by the pressure I was putting on her and frankly at the time I was, she had no more than 2 votes on her

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen, when has scum!me ever struggled to read the room?
well I've only played with scum!you once and you certainly didn't struggle there

despite how you good you are I'd like to believe its a possibility and lets be honest, the only person who's been entirely transparent about exactly what his/her priorities are is me, any lack of confidence I think scum!you would be experiencing is how eido and mala come out on you post triss flip

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** I'm out of time for this, have to prep for hearing, I'm hoping it won't take long though and I can get back in here before deadline. I believe it's in just under 3 hours if my math is right?

I'm keeping my vote on triss because keeping the slot around is simply too high risk, but I will compromise with mala and eido if they demand we go boom or fonti

catch you guys probably 2ish hours

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
here's my copium for tunneling triss lmao:

Player List:
1. Fontisian (Replacement for Gorf) <- SCUM
2. Kary - <- SCUM

3. LaserGuy
4. Chaco
5. HeuryAlone Replacement for Dark Horse <- SCUM
6. Frozen Flame
7. Pythag
8. BoomFrog
9. Sabrar
10. Synchronicity (Xivii and Bessie Hydra)
11. Somitomi
12. Malakandra
13. Wam
both replacements were scum slots, 2/3 of the team replaced lmao

Chaco

Never Logs In
Its alllll mine.”

Vote Count 3.3:

BoomFrog(3): Eido, Fontisian, Malakandra
Fontisian(1): BoomFrog
Trisscar(2): FrozenFlame, RedRyu

Not Voting(2): Vicarin, Trisscar

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Lynch.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Bessie - I'm going back and forth on bessie. I'd like to wait until she responds to my meta question before going into this. I remember bessie trying to challenge someone's town read and that was suspicious. Actually, now that I think about it, really suspicious. Because it was on UP, someone she hadn't really been commenting on before. So as I'm writing this, I'm edging closer to the side of scum bessie.
The quote you're referring to is #749. My intent was point out that UP was buddying fonti. Re the underlined, I had commented on this before:
Does Scum Bessie attack UP here as Mafia, and at this time? Trying to work out if her angle here was to contribute to the game by attacking a townie. If she's generating low to mid suspicion at this point, would she go for a team mate?

Also, the idea that people are buddying Fonti is interesting (she mentions it a few times). To me, this almost makes Bessie accept Fonti's position in the game as someone she thinks players need to buddy, like an outside obstacle. I wonder if this is a clue that Bessie/Fonti are not aligned?

Sorry, just thinking.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Does Scum Bessie attack UP here as Mafia, and at this time? Trying to work out if her angle here was to contribute to the game by attacking a townie. If she's generating low to mid suspicion at this point, would she go for a team mate?

Also, the idea that people are buddying Fonti is interesting (she mentions it a few times). To me, this almost makes Bessie accept Fonti's position in the game as someone she thinks players need to buddy, like an outside obstacle. I wonder if this is a clue that Bessie/Fonti are not aligned?

Sorry, just thinking.
I'm not actually sure, and it's something I've been thinking about. I think if Bessie knew she was going down, she'd be considering distancing. This could be that, but it feels more like Bessie was trying undermine a towncore (me and UP townreading each other) than her just knowing UP is scum. It's a pretty fine distinction, but I think it argues somewhat against Wolf!Trisscar because underlying tint of annoyance(?) in Bessie's approach to me and UP.

For the second part, I know it is, but that doesn't really help you, heh.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Its a rough call for sure. Positive side for you is you probably won't be in the game tomorrow to deal with the after math if we make a bad decision lol. I'm very torn, all options have their merits and theres not any viable yeets rn I'm against.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I am really, really certain UP is town.

@Xivii and others, for when you're feeling doubts in the mid game.

Look at his process, look at the way he's willing to push against consensus, look at how his perspective comes from genuine feelings he's trying to figure out.
Like really? He’s not pushing very hard, he’s pushing very carefully. But perhaps he will push harder now, now that he sees it meets with your approval.
If Scum UP has made it to Fonti's Town core, does Bessie undermine his success here?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
If only we could conduct a seance, and have Bessie tell us herself.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Fonti keeps talking about how she builds a town core, but who has she added to the town core?

Masons and IC are in by default.
She called Xivii scum until he pushed the shot of Bessie and she flipped. He put himself in the town core.
She put wam in the town core then pulled him out and yeeted him.
She put Maven in the town core, then pulled him out.
Vic put himself in the town core with his power use.
Frozen put himself in with his strong push on Bessie and his turbo towniness toDay.

She hasn't been trying to build a town core, she's been trying to get herself in the town core.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
:ghost088:

Bessie, we would like to communicate with you. Please accept our peace offering.

Please tell us everything.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also, that time she was like, "Eido and Mala you need to talk about your reads so I can check my reads" was pure manipulation. Has she once asked you to check her reads since then? No because Eido is new and Mala is mediocre nat anymore hunting.

She just wants to build "consensus" where consensus means agreeing with her.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Boom can you remind me why you gunned for her the moment you replaced in?

How certain are you that she will flip Mafia?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Fonti keeps talking about how she builds a town core, but who has she added to the town core?

Masons and IC are in by default.
She called Xivii scum until he pushed the shot of Bessie and she flipped. He put himself in the town core.
She put wam in the town core then pulled him out and yeeted him.
She put Maven in the town core, then pulled him out.
Vic put himself in the town core with his power use.
Frozen put himself in with his strong push on Bessie and his turbo towniness toDay.

She hasn't been trying to build a town core, she's been trying to get herself in the town core.
I literally never called Xivii scum, bull****.

I called Ryker town. I called Eido town before he was out as a mason. I pushed people away from Vicarin multiple times and outlined the logic for him being town in the first place. I realized Frozen was town when /you/ still wanted to shoot him. I have defended the Trisscar slot, one /you/ are calling town, way more than you have. I have called Ryu clearly not mafia, and argued against going for a third party yeet there. I even defended Wam for a while.

You're acting like because Frozen, Ryu, Eido, Ryker, Xivii, Vicarin and UP did towny things it's somehow not valid for me to get reads on them, when it's actually the towny things that allow me to be sure of my reads.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Also, that time she was like, "Eido and Mala you need to talk about your reads so I can check my reads" was pure manipulation. Has she once asked you to check her reads since then? No because Eido is new and Mala is mediocre nat anymore hunting.

She just wants to build "consensus" where consensus means agreeing with her.
Again, I call bull****.

Checking and going over reads and talking about my pov is literally everything I've been doing with Eido and Frozen since then.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom can you remind me why you gunned for her the moment you replaced in?

How certain are you that she will flip Mafia?
I didn't think she was scum until the mass claim. I was just teasing/provoking her EoD1.

90%. Like, if it's not her then wtf, I don't even know how to scum hunt anymore. I don't think it's Triss and Vic+Red is too tin foil hat.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Checking and going over reads and talking about my pov is literally everything I've been doing with Eido and Frozen since then.
Where have you once changed your read based on their opinion? And I'm not talking about Frozen, I'm talking about Mala and Eido.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I gtg, I won't be able to respond to the thread before deadline. I still don't know who her partner is. Best guess is Vic, but I still think it could be Red with her coaching. Good luck.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Where have you once changed your read based on their opinion? And I'm not talking about Frozen, I'm talking about Mala and Eido.
Eido quoting the stuff about Triss a few minutes ago kept me on you when I was thinking about swapping. The reminder of the specific wording from Bessie ("But perhaps he will push harder now, now that he sees it meets with your approval") was helpful, even though I've thought about it before, because it wasn't fresh in my mind.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Worth noting I kind of think Vic is the most likely second scum here, and what actually happened N1 was a delayed kill that hit Xivii n2. But. That also doesn't seem that likely, feels like there has to be something else missing or some other reason things are weird. It seems more likely a three man scum team in a 14 player game with everyone having a role would have an extra kill, not just a delayed one.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Well, guess I woke in time.

If a replacement is being sought i still want Trisscar dead so

Vote: Trisscar

fontisian

Smash Champion
Well, guess I woke in time.

If a replacement is being sought i still want Trisscar dead so

Vote: Trisscar
Humm.

Not to belabor the point, but I know for a fact all of the votes on Boom are town, and surely if he's town this would be a misyeet scum would be interested in.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
If Malakandra or Eido ask for it, sure, but I don't really trust you for some reason fonti...

Top Bottom