• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
On mobile, can someone link me the latest votecount?

I've mostly been sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for people to be caught up, but it's past time we start rolling.

We've got like 4 days left and I would prefer not to have a deadline scramble.

I don't care about an elaborate read at this instance unless you feel the need to provide one, in which case great, but I do need the whole thread to weigh in on if they're willing to lynch Laserguy or Wam or both or neither.

If it's neither, you better be campaigning hard to get some steam for a new wagon.

Personally, I am perfectly fine with offing either.
Can you offer for me a summary of why you changed on laserguy?

I legit don't get that wagon at all from what I have read on him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've played with Laserguy before, it was a few years ago, but from what I remember he was one of the better town players, he did not act like this in the games I played with him.

Catching up I noticed what Xivii was saying about Laser and agree.

Vote: Laserguy

Yo I hate these paragraphs. Like, a lot. His Ryker stance is pure padding and his reasons for voting Vic when a wagon had already formed are weak af (I already mentioned this earlier). HIs defense of Laserguy is also weak. I see Red Ryu as a likely partner with scum laser.

I hate all these questions too and see none of them as scum hunting.

I don't see this post as being partners with Scum-laser, it's too openly defensive yet acknowledging it's own weakness in that defense.

Town: Ryker, Xivii, Malkalkalkjalkjalksjlkdjflkanbish, Font

Scummy: Laser, Red Ryu

I'm not a real fan of Utopian's posts, but they're more just pinging me in an odd way.

I initially liked Vic's content against the mass claim, but he seemed to just vanish when that was done and the discussion moved more towards hunting mafia. Wam moved from null to a semi town-lean-null mix.

I'm going to do an ISO on Vic, Utopian/Sabar and Red Ryu tomorrow as well as look more at Wam. Somi/bessi are largely null and neither left a real impression on me.
I poked players whom I had no idea where their head was at.

I want people to at least give stances so I can question them on it or read back on it later.

Wam

Smash Ace
Red I agree on laser. Do you have a summary of your Bessie read?

Mines based on meta which from your comments I woildnt expect yours to be.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Can you offer for me a summary of why you changed on laserguy?

I legit don't get that wagon at all from what I have read on him.
Xivii's right in that everything he said had a backdoor built into it. Most recently, he's just largely been more focused on continuing arguments (Bessie color shenanigans and defending himself against Xivii) than actually progressing toward something. Off the top of my head, I can recall him asking Eido for a read list and asking Wam a mechanical question.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Malakandara is mod confirmed town. Who is “everyone” on your list? At the time you made this post, I was voting for Ryker. Just going back one page to Page 13, Vicarin’s list Post #494 does not agree, he has Xivii and Maven near the bottom. So your “everyone” seems to be a select group of people. Or perhaps by everyone you actually mean fonti?

At the time I made the post you quoted, I was referring to Ryker’s refusal to answer the same question multiple times.

And yes, even non answers can be useful, like FrozenFlame's non-answer to this:

Frozen quoted but did not answer my question in Post #404. So #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame you want to answer this, or you want to continue to avoid giving a read on Maven's content?

Ok, first of all, my vote for Ryker was in Post #262, and if you go back and read the post, no I didn’t give a direct reason, but I implied that it was for not answering my question (this is my meta style and you can pick an xkcd player or Xivii to confirm). I did explain in detail in Post #436. My snarky remarks at Ryker for being mean to Sabrar did not come until Post #412, after Sabrar replaced out.

I was asked by Ryker directly if I was voting for him because I dislike him, and I did not address the dislike part of the question because it is irrelevant. And none of you know what I would answer, so quit extrapolating and attributing your assumptions to my personal thoughts.

Ok, Red Ryu, from your evaluation, what has Ryker done to generate content, and what are the results? I’m not denying that he has, but I would like to know what conclusions you draw from it.

I don’t understand this question. Are you asking my evaluation of these players with respect to their voting?

View attachment 290300
So why only the prompt at FF when I poked you on this a bit. Like he did not answer, do what did you think you got off of it?

As for your reasoning here, lets see. So Ryker vote was him being not helpful with answering your questions. I still question this reasoning because it seems you didn't catch what he said for why he did not want our Inno Child to contribute, people can sheep and player follow the leader without needing to justify their own stances.

I feel though in hindsight I can see where someone can be frustrated with Ryker not answering them and being aggressive on them, but I see it as him baiting a reaction or just being himself. I still look back at those posts and ask, are you thinking surface level, do you not understand why he is doing what he is doing or are you asking questions with content and leads nowhere? This is why I wanna go at you. I do not think you have considered why he has been doing what he has.

I won't lie here, I do think reading back I see the mindset a bit better what you are saying here with trying to pressure him to answer. I still question if you did not understand this or were trying to with Ryker. Consider the below.

Part of this relates to why I have Ryker as town is what he is doing with his actions in relation to his play. He claimed mason and offered the idea of a mass claim to get the game roiling. I approve of that and how he has used it to get content out of people. People have questioned him lying. Currently I am assuming he is not unless I have a reason to call him out on this. Let's entertain the idea he is lying, why would he lie? I see town motives to lying. Could he be scum coasting using the mason claim? Perhaps but I think the risk far outweighs the benefit doing it as early as he did. If he claimed and sat on his butt all day I would call that into question but he has used his position to grill players and get the game rolling.

That's why I look at him as town. He has been confrontational, but he does it with purpose to see how players react, he wants to see that and draw conclusions from it like his clown post at you. That and his interaction with sabrar looks like someone who wants to ruffle some feathers but has intent I see more so as townie.

It is far far more likely for him to be town with his actions.

Do you disagree with this assessment? I got it pretty clearly from his earlier posts when he told our inno child to not talk much and why he was doing what he was.

As for voting, yes I want to know you stances on those slots, Also add Wam and Laserguy into the mix.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Currently I want to yeet them for surface level questions and posts. I don't think they are trying to ask questions to figure anyone out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah, that's fairly accurate. I'm putting way too much stock into my setup speculation because it felt more logical and reliable than my reads ever do. It's not the best approach, but this time around I'm trying to post more impulsively, otherwise every post takes way too much time. When it comes to content, I'd give both Sabrar and UP a decently townie rating so far (in my experience Sabrar can handle pressure fairly well for what it's worth).
Unvote
I have a question on this.

I can see why you voted with Sabrar in mind, but why was the double voter the thing you questioned and not the mason.

Disregarding Ryker's play, the mason would be the first thing I would question given our current situation in a vacuum. Why would a double voter draw your attention?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
On mobile, can someone link me the latest votecount?
“I need a MEDIC”

Vote Count 1.5:
Wam(3): Ryker, UtopianPoyzin, FrozenFlame
Xivii(2): LaserGuy
Bessie(1): RedRyu
LaserGuy(3): Xivii, Bessie, Fontisian
Fontisian(1): Wam

Not Voting(5):
Vicarin, Malakandra, Eido, Somitomi, Maven89

Checking for Prods.
There ya go.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In all seriousness, it would largely depend factors involving the lead-up, which is why I'm trying to move things along. I'm down for either, but I'll specifically spell out my preferences before we reach that point.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ty for that votecount, Ruy.

At the moment we have two viable wagons. LaserGuy LaserGuy Wam Wam Who do you think will back you on those wagons? Can I see some campaigning or else can you cross-vote? Maybe you want to settle on Bessie with Ruy here.

Really hoping to also see some forward momentum from somitomi somitomi today as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , LaserGuy, Wam, Vicarin Vicarin , Eido Eido , and Somitomi - Are the group of you intending to unite and forge a new conquest? What's the play here?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Vote Count 1.5:
Wam(3): Ryker, UtopianPoyzin, FrozenFlame
Xivii(2): LaserGuy
Bessie(1): RedRyu
LaserGuy(3): Xivii, Bessie, Fontisian
Fontisian(1): Wam
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame ^ You're right behind Utopia here, who has pinged you a few times now (the Among Us reference being one of them). Why?

bessie bessie ^ You are second behind Xivii on Laserguy. What made you choose him over Ryker at this point in the votes?

Wam

Smash Ace

At the moment we have two viable wagons. LaserGuy LaserGuy Wam Wam Who do you think will back you on those wagons? Can I see some campaigning or else can you cross-vote? Maybe you want to settle on Bessie with Ruy here.

Really hoping to also see some forward momentum from somitomi somitomi today as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , LaserGuy, Wam, Vicarin Vicarin , Eido Eido , and Somitomi - Are the group of you intending to unite and forge a new conquest? What's the play here?
I'm trying to get my head out of my font tunnel. I don't agree with the laser wagon.

I would be happy with Bessie.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm trying to get my head out of my font tunnel. I don't agree with the laser wagon.

I would be happy with Bessie.
Not to be an ass, in which I am quite proficient, but tell me if you think that wagon is realistic. Who are you looking to get on board there? That's what I mean when I said show me some campaigning.

Bessie has had a thing for me the whole phase. I've been hearing differing things about how Bessie content SHOULD look at this point. LaserGuy, whom you are okay with, implied there should be more quality content from that slot ( LaserGuy LaserGuy is that still your opinion?), but others have said that Bessie is looking par for the course. You get enough votes, I will vote for anything short of myself if it gets more competing wagons.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tbh, I was thinking the same thing as Maven, but figured both comments were just dead lines of inquiry.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I have blessed with inspiration for a homebrew dnd campaign I'll be running when I'm permitted to see friends in person. I will return my focus to this game later today, when the well runs dry.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Because I townread all of them and was wondering why you needed the townreads to evaluate the townreads. But I suppose your ways can remain mysterious
I AM HOLY, LUCKY, SIMPLE,

FIBONACCI, ODD, AND PRIME.

IN THIS RIDDLE YOU'LL FIND ME

PRECISELY NINETEEN TIMES.

------
solve that riddle and combine the answer with first words.

P.S. don't actually waste your time on this humble servant.

Maven89

Smash Master
Why do you care about this?
both because your question was probing, which makes it irrelevant when directed towards an IC, and also seemed designed to cut down on our information by not having them answer.

I do want Ryker to give as many reads and positions as humanly possible due to questions about his mason claim

fontisian

Smash Champion
The situation isn't really equivalent. When fonti came in, she was being pushed by several players and townread Frozen to help relieve the pressure on herself. In this game, we have a situation where a Town player (me) is under pressure and the hypothetical scum player is not. They have no reason to stick out their neck for me to relieve the pressure on me. It's much more likely that Town!UP is trying to genuinely help one of his Townreads than scum!UP is trying to help me out.
This is wrong, actually, LaserGuy LaserGuy . I was not threatened by the votes on me when I replaced in because they would dissipate as I provided content. I made the Frozen townread because 1. it's something I could easily justify and explain and 2. it was part of a larger strategy I wanted to try of making a counter "townblock" that I could then leverage into dispersing any real townblocks that might form. It was never about relieving pressure on me, because I didn't feel pressured.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I apologize, it's a little hard to be motivated in this game. I think we're going to hit an average of 2 scum in Laser, Wam and Red Ryu, and it's just a matter of picking which one to yeet into the stratosphere first.

fontisian

Smash Champion
LaserGuy LaserGuy

This post had the fake miller.but had a "I know this is.scummy so mafia me wouldnt have said anything" similar to font and the vote block in things.
I've noticed Wam pinging out Laser and Ryu more than other players. Curious.

And by curious, I mean this is the team.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace

What do you think of being a D1 yeet candidate again after last game around?

Mmm... my intuition here is that this is probably Town wam. I guess we get to the part of the day where I start slowly abandoning all of my previous reads.

By my count, wam gets yeeted over me unless all of the swing votes go against me. But I don't think I want to vote wam at this juncture. Maven is also feeling townier, so my current pool is Xivii, Vicarin, bessie. I am content voting with Sabrar on Xivii for the moment.

LaserGuy LaserGuy I'd like your reads on Eido, Somi, and Wam
I've posted reads of these players just recently in #635. Eido and somi haven't done much since then so I don't really have an update on either player. I spent a bit of time reviewing some of my old notes on Wam today and noted that he tends to bandwagon frequently as scum (even/especially if it means bussing) whereas his pushes here seem to be fairly independently minded. So I am tending to think I'm probably just wrong about Wam and I'm going to put him at some sort of marginal Town lean.

Not to be an ass, in which I am quite proficient, but tell me if you think that wagon is realistic. Who are you looking to get on board there? That's what I mean when I said show me some campaigning.

Bessie has had a thing for me the whole phase. I've been hearing differing things about how Bessie content SHOULD look at this point. LaserGuy, whom you are okay with, implied there should be more quality content from that slot ( LaserGuy LaserGuy is that still your opinion?), but others have said that Bessie is looking par for the course. You get enough votes, I will vote for anything short of myself if it gets more competing wagons.
I gave a read on bessie in #704.

I don't really understand your position here though. What's the value in voting any wagon that comes up rather than a wagon that is likely to flip mafia?

This is wrong, actually, LaserGuy LaserGuy . I was not threatened by the votes on me when I replaced in because they would dissipate as I provided content. I made the Frozen townread because 1. it's something I could easily justify and explain and 2. it was part of a larger strategy I wanted to try of making a counter "townblock" that I could then leverage into dispersing any real townblocks that might form. It was never about relieving pressure on me, because I didn't feel pressured.
And there's another reason for me to be suspicious of you till the end of time.

pedit
I've noticed Wam pinging out Laser and Ryu more than other players. Curious.
Just saw this in preview and thought it was funny given what I'm about to post. But I'm going to post it anyway and you can think what you want.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Just saw this in preview and thought it was funny given what I'm about to post. But I'm going to post it anyway and you can think what you want.
Just wait until you see my last post.

Look, Laser, if you're town, you need to sell me on Wam being town and you need to do it hard. Because right now I see two trapped scum desperately trying to wriggle their way out of a yeet.

Top Bottom