• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17th, 2014 - Somerset, NJ - Registration is up! $5,000+ in Prizes

EricL.

Smash Rookie
Do you need to bring your controller to play in your respective tournament? My N64 controller recently broke and I was wondering if I could borrow a N64 controller during the ssb tournament.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Do you need to bring your controller to play in your respective tournament? My N64 controller recently broke and I was wondering if I could borrow a N64 controller during the ssb tournament.
It's pretty much BYOB (switch beer for controller).

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

The 64 community is nice enough that if you run into an opponent with multiple controllers, they'll likely let you borrow it (assuming they greased it). That or you can just ask around and someone will probably let you borrow theirs. Some players might also be selling their controllers as well so that's probably your safest option.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Why do people procrastinate when the caps been raised twice and was told to be the last cap?

That's all on you guys, the crossover won't allow for the cap to go up again and still get finished on time

LLDL

Smash Hero
There are already 300 people registered for Melee singles...a month before the tournament.

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Why do people procrastinate when the caps been raised twice and was told to be the last cap?

That's all on you guys, the crossover won't allow for the cap to go up again and still get finished on time
Procrastination 2 stronk.

PelorTBH

Smash Rookie

Well the site going down could be a valid excuse for some people I guess. *shrugs*

Also any other people still looking for people to room with at the hotel?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Can we get an answer on this? Also, is there a registration cap for brawl?
I don't know the answer for the deadline but they all share the same deadline. Brawl, Melee, and other FG titles have a cap of 1024.

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
Why does the site keep crashing? Is there really that much traffic? If that's the case, can you mirror the static pages like the info pages somewhere? I'm expecting the traffic to only get worse as we approach, right?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We are on Smashboards server cause we have been DDOS'd by someone...sorry for the issues :(

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium

My financial situation didn't allow for it. I also admittedly didn't expect it to fill up as quickly as it did. I didn't procrastinate. :|

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
So, How do I register? The website is down like, all the time.

Is there any alternate way to register on time?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We will work on that. Someone has been hacking our site/smashboards/projectm for months.

Sorry for the issues guys

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
who is this sore loser who has nothing better to do than target smash sites on the internet
there's always that guy

This is tempting for me cuz its like a 2 hour drive, but at the same time I suck at Brawl so...
there are people who are coming from around the world just to spectate, you can make it. it'll be loads of fun regardless of how much you suck.

Adoni23

Smash Rookie
there's always that guy

there are people who are coming from around the world just to spectate, you can make it. it'll be loads of fun regardless of how much you suck.
Thats true. It'll Probably help me get better too.

About 90% Chance I'll be there, are there age requirements though? I dont wanna get there and not be able to play cause im too young.

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
Thats true. It'll Probably help me get better too.

About 90% Chance I'll be there, are there age requirements though? I dont wanna get there and not be able to play cause im too young.
How old are you? I see no reason for them to say no to you. There are obvious ground rules like no alcohol if you're under 21.

Blah that's a problem for me, I want my own room since I'm coming with a friend, but you need to be 21 to check into a hotel. Hopefully someone's gonna check in for me.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
im looking for someone to ROOM with at a hotel?! if anyone is available or HAS space please message me asap.. we will have awesome melee matches trust me ;)

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been asked but is there any possibility of round robin pools this year?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Important plz respond

Ok so I'm going to apex, bought my plane ticket and registered and everything. I have housing from thursday to sunday, but I need housing sunday night and a ride to the airport monday morning because Inui has work and can't take me. So if anyone would be able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it and compensate with gas money or something, or if someone can direct me to whoever could help me out that would work too.

thanks in advance

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Since pools start at 10 A.M. on Friday, I guess I shouldn't take a flight that gets into Newark at 10:30 >_>

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Since pools start at 10 A.M. on Friday, I guess I shouldn't take a flight that gets into Newark at 10:30 >_>

good idea lol. It's going to take you probably a good 60-90 minutes from landing to getting to the venue, with the combination of airport shuttle -> airport train station -> 35 - 45 minute ride to new brunswick -> your ride getting you from stop to the venue 5 miles away -> you settling in enough to find everything

Adoni23

Smash Rookie
How old are you? I see no reason for them to say no to you. There are obvious ground rules like no alcohol if you're under 21.

Blah that's a problem for me, I want my own room since I'm coming with a friend, but you need to be 21 to check into a hotel. Hopefully someone's gonna check in for me.

Im only 13, which is why I'd be worried about age requirements. Hopefully there are none

Top Bottom