• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Sangoku

Smash Master
I hesitated before posting because of that. Although I've always said I'm not against going offtopic as long as everybody agrees to (which wasn't the case in the instances where I intervened). But fair enough, I'll stop.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
I hesitated before posting because of that. Although I've always said I'm not against going offtopic as long as everybody agrees to (which wasn't the case in the instances where I intervened). But fair enough, I'll stop.
Can you shed more light on this local taste bias phenomenon?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
if 128+ actually show up to this tourney then i like the idea of pools and a 64 man bracket. if less than 128 then 32 man bracket should be ok

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
yo i've heard nothing but good things about the burger joints in the ironbound

also the brick city burger at topp's diner is ****ing LEGIT

and i don't like the idea of cutting out 1/3 or 1/4 of the entrants, as said before

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I'm laughing so hard at that bun, it's like: don't you dare say this is a not a sandwich!

Going back to my kiwi now.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
is there a deadline to purchase the tix? i couldnt find that info anywhere

i just asked for an extra day of work in hopes to save up for the trip

If you go and would be down to carpool that would highly increase my chances of going

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
If you go and would be down to carpool that would highly increase my chances of going
Carpooling is what I'm hoping for, would obviously prefer that to booking a flight to NJ.

I just very recently got to meet the Melee guys from Montreal, I'll try to see if any of them plan on going in a SMASHCAR to NJ and if they have room.

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, is there any possibility of an unofficial doubles bracket happening for 64?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I heard that it wasn't going to be. Then I heard that it will be streamed, but they're not streaming 64 alongside the other smash games on Sunday, but rather on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure I heard something like that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i think its far more likely that you read it rather than heard it, whatever it is you heard.

Wouldn't be surprised if 64 only gets top 8 streamed or something, which will prolly be on Saturday. Doubles likely won't get streamed at all though it should because its far more exciting to watch.

Just guesses based on my past experience at Apex.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I heard that it wasn't going to be. Then I heard that it will be streamed, but they're not streaming 64 alongside the other smash games on Sunday, but rather on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure I heard something like that.

It better be and some asshole better not unplug the audio cable from the capture box.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Guys its time to start training!!! Don't wait until January to get into pro mode.

Motivational quote of the day:

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender" -Vince Lombardi (from the wall at my gym)

banze

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing a lot since I decided to come this year as well.
still, not to many good players to train with around here...
I'm going to Oxolane's today again

prisonchild

Smash Ace
Guys its time to start training!!! Don't wait until January to get into pro mode.

Motivational quote of the day:

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender" -Vince Lombardi (from the wall at my gym)
I believe it's cited like this:

" "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender" -Vince Lombardi

- clubbadubba's gym"

Yobolight

Smash Lord
What abou
What about the money match against Han ? Is this an elaborate ploy to get out of it?
LOL I wish it was just an elaborate ploy, then it would be so easy to just cancel the ploy and go to Apex instead.

I guess me and Han Solo will have to postpone our MM till next time we see each other.

Top Bottom