• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

clubbadubba

Smash Master
This is too hype. Australia getting a representative sounds way cooler than japan players coming again

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to stay longer than just the one weekend, I'd be happy to house people. I'm a little under an hour from the venue and you can warm up and cool down with MORE SMASH.

Confirmed:
Me (forever)
Near (Jan 14 - Jan 21)
Han Solo
KnitePhox

Get it while space is still available! (there is no chance of space running out)

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
weedwack trying to get all up in my game.

@Sheer/Everyone: I'd be willing to pick people up from Philly or Newark airports. Getting into NYC at reasonable times looks like it'd add ~3hrs to my trip, but if multiple people coordinated I'd be willing to do it.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how about this:

if you're flying in and want to stay with BLOODPEACH, fly to philly airport.
if you're flying in and want to stay with WEEDWACK, go to NY or newark.

that cuts out unnecessary travel all around. and drastically reduces how much driving bloodpeach will have to do.

...which is good for multiple reasons

clubbadubba

Smash Master
nyc to somerset or newark can be done by train fairly quickly/cheaply. Someone somewhere just save me a pillow

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
If people are gonna be flying in I feel like it's silly to limit ourselves to a single weekend. We should aim for the LARGEST POSSIBLE COMBINED SMASHFEST. I don't really care where it is, but I think it'd be really cool if more people could hang out in the same place before/after the tourney.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
we'll all fly in, do the tourney.

Then after I win the tourney, we'll split up. Half go with bloodpeach, half go with weedwack, decided by a draft between the 2 of them. We all train super hard for a week, then join back up and do a massive crew battle of bloodpeach's house vs weedwack's house. NO STREAM. You only get to see if you come.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Weedwack are you willing to pick up/drop off people at the airport?

If I did house with you I'd pay you like $50 each way, as a thanks for free housing.

Still not positive I can go to Apex btw.

Also I'm considering a hotel room If I go. Still weighing options. Maybe stay with weedwack thursday/sunday and get a hotel room friday/saturday. Weedwack stays in hotel room for free if he wants. Anyone else pitches in.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'd love to see what kind of clown car chris drives if he's gonna drive 30 people to the venue

clubbadubba

Smash Master
sheer i'd be down for a hotel. Maybe we could get a va/md/fl hotel going or something

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Me and Kefit will do are best to be there this year and alot longer as will. We need to have a big week long smash fest!!!!

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Weedwack are you willing to pick up/drop off people at the airport?
Just take the train from Newark to New Brunswick, it's a straight shot. I plan on housing people all week so thanks but no thanks on the hotel.

hey i might be interested in staying with you as well if that's ok. Thanks for the offer!
Sure. I like the prospect of housing an entire region like i did for Illinois last year, and all the Florida smashers seem like cool guys. Nothing against Illinois, I just wanted to diversify.

I'll still take up that housing offer you made me last tourney :). I'd love to go with Bloodpeach but 10 minutes from the venue sounds so much better.
Sure man, of course.

soooo ! As I might be going again, I would appreciate a housing for maybe the week and play as much as possible !
I gotchyu. Any other brazilians coming along?

Anybody else who wants housing can pm me. I'll start a pm conversation amongst all the people I decide to house. Coming from further away gets you priority.

I'm excited as hell.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
we should try to get some rooms together for friday+saturday night so we can smash 24/7....

and maybe some crew battles

SheerMadness

Smash Master
what

thought you had this planned already dawg...
As fun as a 4 night slumber party with gav and fire would be...

It's not exactly easy for me to part with $400 when free housing is potentially available.

But who knows for now.

Perhaps clubba. Just need reliable roomies who will throw down money and not try to stay for freeee.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I think it's just easy to accommodate. I mean, what do you need for the tournament? Tables? EZ.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i'll be in brooklyn before apex. i'm guessing a train to new jersey will be easiest?

i would love to couch surf but i'm going with a friend. is anyone willing to house us both?

if worse comes to worse i'd be happy to stay in a hotel and possibly share one with other smashers. i'm trying to save as much money as possible though, so if someone is willing to house us i will be forever in your debt.

in fact, as a token of my gratitude i will never uptilt with kirby ever again.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
SSBPete, please hide Ciaza in your luggage for me. Thanks. Embarrass

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
@SSBPete: I can house you and your friend. If you guys are interested in touristy things (why else would you be in brooklyn?) I live really close to the main toruisty spots in Philly.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
just call me pete guys :)

cant bring ciaza, he will outplace me in the tournament.

bloodpeach that would be fantastic! that's exactly what we want. i'll send you a pm in the near future discussing details and all that jazz. thanks!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Anyone else ready to book a room? We(64 players) should try to book during close enough times to where we can potentially get rooms near each other AND take advantage of the Apex 2014 Tournament code price discount

it would probably only require a simple request with a name shoutout of the other room booker during the booking process

i am going to book SOON so post if interested; if you want in on my room LET ME KNOW here thru PM, on skype, on kaillera, or if you have my cell #, text

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in going, but I'm not sure it'd work out logistically. I don't have a car, and that week I'll be at university (PSU), which is in bum****, PA. However, I think I could possibly take a Megabus to Philly.

@SSBPete: I can house you and your friend. If you guys are interested in touristy things (why else would you be in brooklyn?) I live really close to the main toruisty spots in Philly.
Would it be possible for me to travel with you? I know you were very kind to offer me a ride to Smashacre, which I had to decline due to work and a surprise surgery. If it'd work out, the Megabus would drop me off at 30th st. Station. You mention you're near the tourist attractions -- are you walking distance from any of the SEPTA stops (30th. st., Suburban, Market East, Temple)? I don't want to inconvenience you at all, but if it'd work out easily then I'd love to come. Of course, I'd be glad to help cover gas / housing costs plus a drink or two.

Top Bottom