• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thank god for me being able to screen cap.
I thought Hbox would cry today ;-;

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
man I felt so bad for m2k after his loss against PP, i really wanted him to take this tournament. reguardless I was super hyped during his sets against mango, i jumped around like a little school girl when he took him out

Thank you, streaming staff. We all got to see a cool tournament we missed out on. And tournament staff for making this event even happen. And Mew2King for double eliminating MaNg0 ♥. So elegant Marth ♥

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
And Brawl is being played? Are things going to end on time? You guys should cut down a stock
Being honest, changing a tournament's rules when you're this close to the end would be a terrible move. If anything was required, it would be smoother to switch to bo3, outside of WF/LF/GF (typical tournament rules). Also, in order to maintain tournament consistency, they should not allow the other winner's semifinal to be bo3 after Salem vs. Mikeneko has already started.

With that being said, many in the top 8 are (relatively) aggressive players, I think things should be ok... but ending late regardless. imo, they should have played and recorded the two earliest loser's bracket matches (where losers gets 7th/8th) on a side stream to avoid any trouble (they will be best 2/3 anyway, right?).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I ****ing hate pills... Oh god Im a doc... And im saying this.... But I do.

Almost choked on the damn thing. Swallowed it.

Anyways, this tourny was great, I will make shout outs tommorow.

Axe, im at the hotel so we can play melee. Room 837. Number: 215 251 2190

:phone:

Being honest, changing a tournament's rules when you're this close to the end would be a terrible move. If anything was required, it would be smoother to switch to bo3, outside of WF/LF/GF (typical tournament rules). Also, in order to maintain tournament consistency, they should not allow the other winner's semifinal to be bo3 after Salem vs. Mikeneko has already started.

With that being said, many in the top 8 are (relatively) aggressive players, I think things should be ok... but ending late regardless. imo, they should have played and recorded the two earliest loser's bracket matches (where losers gets 7th/8th) on a side stream to avoid any trouble (they will be best 2/3 anyway, right?).
You clearly misinterpretted. I wasn't talking about now specifically. I'm saying all Brawl tournaments should cut down to 2 stocks. Things take too long in this game for 3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've never seen so much hate for a single commentator in one weekend as Pierce has gotten for Apex 2014. :applejack:

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
You clearly misinterpretted. I wasn't talking about now specifically. I'm saying all Brawl tournaments should cut down to 2 stocks. Things take too long in this game for 3
While that would be interesting to see, you need both TO's to run events with those rules and players willing to attend those tournaments (presently there is no guarantee of either).

*shrug*

Edit:
LanceStern, you could check here: [Stream]

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Shoutouts to deflicker being a counterpick.

EDIT: Awww it's not happening.

EDIT2: LMAO Ootori CPd deflicker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom