• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlus8

Smash Master
How good are: Wox, boba, Rojo W compared to the top Mexican players, I knew about them before Javi and Tuga.
They are all solid players, but I think EX would be the next best thing after Javi! I'm bias as hell when I say this, but I think EX's Peach can rival Armadas! I haven't played Armada at all, but I have experienced EX's Peach first hand and it is no joke! Guess we'll wait and see how EX stacks up against players outside Mexico in the future!

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Great tourney. Armada thoroughly deserved to win, and I really hope this motivates some top players from the US to travel out to a big EU tourney.

My first time watching a stream, and it was quite enjoyable. Pretty amazing how both the technology and the Melee metagame has changed since the first major TG4 which was over 9 years ago now.

RoS3 in 2006 results were something like: 1) Amsah 2) Ek 3) Helios 4) Doug 5) Seretur/Aldwyn. I think Armada got 7th or 9th.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps rather than unable, he's unwilling, then, is what you're saying? I can see that.

Also, bracket here: http://ajpanton.se/apex2012.gif
Sort of. Although I suspect it may be a fundamental property of mango that enables him to play the way he does. Like he can play so dominantly because of his singlemindedness and self belief, and if he were willing to compromise (or perhaps even aware of the necessity) he wouldn't be the player he is

wiito

Smash Apprentice
RoS3 in 2006 results were something like: 1) Amsah 2) Ek 3) Helios 4) Doug 5) Seretur/Aldwyn. I think Armada got 7th or 9th.
Long time no see, The_Doug, thank you... So like 5 to almost 6 years without being lower than Top 4?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Battlecow, you ******, you agreed to the 1000 dollar bet, tried to chicken out, and now you don't even have the balls to post about it in this thread.
That's ****ing low man, even I expected more pride from a flopmerican.

Battlecow

Play to Win
@Battlecow

I added you on MSN and I stayed there for 3 hours but you never logged in yourself.
We said we'd make up how to pay each other etc there. You made a 50 dollar bet, but I upped it to 1000 dollars, and you agreed. We had both already agreed to it. The bet was on, and now that I've won, you owe me 1000 dollars.
If you log into MSN now I can simply tell you where to send the money.

And also-I doubt those cheap ****s PP/mango will afford coming here after they lost so much money to him to try to prove that they're better. Not like they'll have the balls to anyway. Armada is the best player in the world, and it will remain that way until flopmerica grows a pair and gets over here.
Yo, ****ing STOP, OK? I do not have time for your ****. I pay my debts, and I am an honest person; you lying like this is a ****ing awful thing to do. WE NEVER HAD ANY SORT OF AGREEMENT. YOU JOKINGLY OFFERED A $1000 BET, I DECLINED AND OFFERED A $50 BET, YOU SAID WE'D TALK ABOUT IT ON MSN, WHEN I LOGGED IN TO MSN AN HOUR OR SO LATER YOU WERE GONE. I SENT YOU A PM ON SMASHBOARDS RE-OFFERING THE BET, AND YOU DID NOT REPLY UNTIL 9 CST TONIGHT.

Please, just enjoy armada's victory and stop herp-a-derping it up. You're going to hurt my reputation with anyone who doesn't know what a ****ing **** you are.

Battlecow

Play to Win

^^ mike offering me the bet again at 9 tonight, after armada won, jokingly. Clearly acknowledges we haven't made the bet yet. Dude's being a ****.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I hear "flopmerian" [sic] I always crack up. The person saying it just seems so stupid lol can't help it

:phone:
Agreed. Like. What does flopmerican even mean?

I'd get Lamerican or American't or something since those look and sound something like American (even though they still sound hilariously stupid), but it'd be the same as calling European members of the community "Failopeans" or calling the Canadians "Dumbadians" or some inane nonsense like that. It looks stupid. It sounds stupid. You come across as stupid. And also blatantly prejudiced (prejudice, too, is stupid).

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
@battlecow
that was ironic, you ****ing idiot. you know we both agreed to it =)
and do you have an explanation for WHY you didn't log onto MSN?
i logged on about an hour after we first talked about it and stayed on for 3 hours. i told you it would take time for me to log on because i had install it on this pos pc since my real computer is broke.
my 1000 dollars would already be in my pocket if you hadn't tried to chicken out

also, LOL @ googling some crappy program to get a screencap. pressing print screen->copypasta in paint is mad hard bwahahaha

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Europe got extremely bodied this tournament. Besides Armada, none of them broke... 33rd? What happened?

Acryte

Smash Ace
Just a question, how different do you think things would have been if M2K didn't drop out?

All speculation but M2K would have probably gimped out Javi, lost to PP. PP would have probably beat Hbox where you'd have Mango and PP fight for who plays Armada. To be honest I still think Armada would have won it but It probably would have been more interesting in GF's.

Also, I wanna see those vids of isai gettin bodied by superboomfan. I don't care which character he played no johns.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Just a question, how different do you think things would have been if M2K didn't drop out?

All speculation but M2K would have probably gimped out Javi, lost to PP. PP would have probably beat Hbox where you'd have Mango and PP fight for who plays Armada. To be honest I still think Armada would have won it but It probably would have been more interesting in GF's.
basically Mango would have 3-0d PP in losers finals and then Armada would have 3-0d mango...

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman

Armada still would have won no matter whether Mango or PP (read: probably Mango) made it to Grand Finals. He beat both of them resoundingly. Based on how they all looked today, I do not believe even remotely that one of them would have turned around and taken two sets off of him. Honestly HBox had a better chance than either of them.

I think it is possible that M2K would have lost out earlier than the match with Javi, while unlikely, and I think Javi would have had a pretty good chance against M2K given the way he was playing. Honestly, I bet results wouldn't look THAT different.

Warhawk

Smash Lord

I think if that had happened Mang0 would have beaten PP and then played Armada and maybe gone Falco instead of Fox, in which case I think he'd have done better and maybe even won. Although he seemed pretty dishearted after losing to Armada and gave up practically and got sloppy during the match with Hungrybox so who knows, maybe he would have done the same fighting PP and it would have been PP and Armada in grand finals.

I highly doubt in grand finals though Armada would have 3-0'd Mang0 again if they had met again for everyone saying that.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
rofl people are already trying to make it look as if armada only won if m2k hadn't dropped out. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
mangos falco would've gotten ***** even harder. 3- -1 4 stock.
he might've gone puff though, and gotten destroyed by a low tier

flopmerica got humiliated at this tournament (although not as humiliated as battlecow, who chickens out of bets because he has no pride or honesty), and we only lost crews because cantbeatarmadanadians suck ***.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
rofl people are already trying to make it look as if armada only won if m2k hadn't dropped out. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
he might've gone puff though, and gotten destroyed by a low tier.
Why would Mang0's better character get ***** harder? Doesn't make sense to me. He probably still would have lost, especially with his play today, but ***** harder? Doubtful.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
he might've gone puff though, and gotten destroyed by a low tier

flopmerica got humiliated at this tournament (although not as humiliated as battlecow, who chickens out of bets because he has no pride or honesty), and we only lost crews because cantbeatarmadanadians suck ***.
You have caused me physical pain. I weep for your potential offspring.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
well it might be hard for a flopmerican imagining the "allmighty mango" getting 4 stocked repeatedly. but for someone like me, who plays armada on a regular basis, and therefore knows what true skill looks like, it's more then realistic.

Battlecow

Play to Win
@battlecow
that was ironic, you ****ing idiot. you know we both agreed to it =)
and do you have an explanation for WHY you didn't log onto MSN?
i logged on about an hour after we first talked about it and stayed on for 3 hours. i told you it would take time for me to log on because i had install it on this pos pc since my real computer is broke.
my 1000 dollars would already be in my pocket if you hadn't tried to chicken out

also, LOL @ googling some crappy program to get a screencap. pressing print screen->copypasta in paint is mad hard bwahahaha
OK, you just acknowledged that the pic was legit. In the pic, you say you "were up for it" and that you're "still up for it BTW =D." That clearly implies that the bet was not made. WTF would you be being ironic about there? You are not getting a dime out of me, and furthermore, I'm not betting with your dishonest *** at any point in the future. You're an awful human being; sweden seems to have a surplus of those.

I did log on to MSN, I waited 'til like 1 in the morning, you made a post, I made a post 8 minutes later (I was watching a show, checking every 10 mins)

You never responded back.

And yeah I suck at technology. You're a lying *****. We all have problems.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
well it might be hard for a flopmerican imagining the "allmighty mango" getting 4 stocked repeatedly. but for someone like me, who plays armada on a regular basis, and therefore knows what true skill looks like, it's more then realistic.
Does anyone actually respect anything you say? Like seriously it just sounds stupid. I think Armada is better than Mang0 now, but its not like Mang0 isn't still in the top 3 best players in the world.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I honestly believe Javi would have beaten M2k. I know it's hard to imagine M2k losing to a Fox, but just the same I'd say Dr PeePee would never lose to a Fox; yet he did.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yikes I can't tell if this MikeHaggar guy is joking or not. Might wanna scale it back a bit though bud. I get that you support Armada (for good reason too, the kid's amazing), but I'm pretty sure he'd be embarrassed to see a fellow smasher representing Sweden like this.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
^^ Yeah everyone, take it from this guy. Lmao

Don't worry, I'd never judge your entire country/region based off your stupid ***. Lol

:phone:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
@battlecow
the irony was in the fact that you lost, i just wanted to rub it in. and even though it might be hard to understand that my word isn't always necessarily law (despite the fact that i am always right and never wrong), me IMPLYING that it hadn't been made doesn't mean that it wasn't. IT WAS.
we agreed on that chat thingy long before there was any talk or mention about msn.

And also: i made the post as soon as I added you, before you had logged on or accepted me, meaning that it would get posted as soon as you did. You didn't reply during the time that I was online, however.

Regardless it was already agreed upon. The only thing that hadn't been made was setting up for sending the money etc. But now that it's all done and over with, you can simply send me my money, or live with being a lying little snake for the rest of your life.

My best advice for you to escape with a good face: Admit you agreed to the bet, and then pretend that you weren't able to send me my money because the technology for doing so was to advanced and made your head explode. considering the fact that you cant take screencaps this is beleivable

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
OK, you just acknowledged that the pic was legit. In the pic, you say you "were up for it" and that you're "still up for it BTW =D." That clearly implies that the bet was not made. WTF would you be being ironic about there? You are not getting a dime out of me, and furthermore, I'm not betting with your dishonest *** at any point in the future. You're an awful human being; sweden seems to have a surplus of those.

I did log on to MSN, I waited 'til like 1 in the morning, you made a post, I made a post 8 minutes later (I was watching a show, checking every 10 mins)

You never responded back.

And yeah I suck at technology. You're a lying *****. We all have problems.
Dude dont worry nobody thinks youre lying

Does anyone actually respect anything you say? Like seriously it just sounds stupid. I think Armada is better than Mang0 now, but its not like Mang0 isn't still in the top 3 best players in the world.
Dont waste your time with haggar

I honestly believe Javi would have beaten M2k. I know it's hard to imagine M2k losing to a Fox, but just the same I'd say Dr PeePee would never lose to a Fox; yet he did.
If Mangos fox cant do it then its not possible

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
is there any way to get the log for the apex stream chat? i can prove he agreed to it

the guy isn't even answering my pm's right now rofl. what a dishonest, lying little baby. cant admit that he agreed to a bet...

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Javi come to more US tournaments and get experience from a wider variety of players (could be just ignorant of the Hispanic smash community, but I feel like there aren't a lot of Puffs and Peaches in Mexico), a lot of potential there with what he showed today. PP looked so shocked lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Mango just needs to actually train again. I still think he has the most natural talent out of any smasher. But currently armada is on top. Kind of a maverick/iceman scenario, lol (imo)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
If Mangos fox cant do it then its not possible
Mango is human and has limitations, people need to start accepting that. Javi has a different style from Armada. Just because Mango can't beat Armada with Fox doesn't mean that everyone else can't. That being said I agree Armada would beat Javi, I imagine Javi would at least be able to take a game form him though.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who thinks Mang0 actually would have done better with Falco against Armada...? Also he can beat Armada with Fox, he kept with him the first two games, he's was just really sloppy in transition (seemed to get punished a lot for not lasering when Armada wasn't approaching and then also would should lasers at really bad times when Armada was approaching).

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Mango is human and has limitations, people need to start accepting that. Javi has a different style from Armada. Just because Mango can't beat Armada with Fox doesn't mean that everyone else can't. That being said I agree Armada would beat Javi, I imagine Javi would at least be able to take a game form him though.
Thats not what i meant.
I dont think Javi would beat M2k because even Mangos fox rarely takes a game off his marth

Rykard

Smash Ace
excellent tournament and i am so glad to have seen as much as i did. Here is to wishing everyone a safe trip home after a great performance this weekend. Also a special congratulations to Armada is in order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom