• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2012: Captain Jack & Mach Dash Support!! + Donations (GOAL REACHED)

PB&J

Smash Hero
Sounds good Alex,and is there going to be a translator or do we have the use the same translater that's coming with brood?

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's similar to 0c3 where bombsoldier had his booth. Except it was like $20 per set lol.

PB&J

Smash Hero
That's awesome.Apex is going to be crazy,I bet right after rom,a lot of people will want to go and more sign ups

LLDL

Smash Hero
Mach Dash plays frequently, and I believe Captain Jack still plays friendlies with some other japanese players to an extent. He's gonna brush up on his skills before apex, I'm sure :).

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Well, my eBay auctions for this are going crappy, thought that would be a good idea. :c

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'll donate to this tomorrow as soon as my mom gives me the +500$ she has for me.

So there's under 250 left. Anyone want to help? They need teammates too btw so I guess whoever donates a lot will get to team with them?
You sure they won't just team with each other? Team Japan!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I mean I guess they could? but they could also be forced to team with someone that donates a lot if that's the only way I can get people to do it?
Oh well that's a good idea. Buy a Japanese teammate for Apex!

LLDL

Smash Hero
People will help donate the amount without them having to be forced to team with someone they might not want to. They are free to pick they're own partners.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
People will help donate the amount without them having to be forced to team with someone they might not want to. They are free to pick they're own partners.
I'm not really sure it's your place to decide the stipulation of our donations. If we are going to sacrifice our money so that these players can travel to the tournament then why shouldn't we be allowed to chose who they team with? The whole reason they're at the tourney is because of us in the first place.

Varist

Smash Lord
for the same reason it's still illegal for the chinese mafia to ship people over to America and then put them under forced labor contracts lol.

you advocating slavery striyuf?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure it's your place to decide the stipulation of our donations. If we are going to sacrifice our money so that these players can travel to the tournament then why shouldn't we be allowed to chose who they team with? The whole reason they're at the tourney is because of us in the first place.
If you feel this way, then you would be donating for the wrong reasons. This fund is here so that they can attend and enjoy themselves at this event.

Varist

Smash Lord
that group is just barrel full of fishes. mods can swoop up in one go without discrimination when time is ripe.

gotta get out of the ghetto, don't let that thug life drag me back in when i'm making good life choices. stay away teco.

crush

Smash Master
Dude who cares if the mods ban us. The crush buddy group's only weakness is pretty much the immaturity argument, which isn't horrible (70-30 in immaturity's favor imo)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
don't see the issue. he's stating the expectations of a donation and is well within bounds in doing so. if people want more bang for their buck and feel they should have a say in who teams with tho, then they are also within their rights and do not have to donate

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Donated! I would have donated more if I didn't receive my first Student Loan repayment bill and if it weren't so much >_<

Strife

Banned via Warnings
It turns out I have a bit more money than I realized. If I can get myself on a cheaper loan repayment plan then I'll donate some more. It's not looking very hopeful that we'll make the cut anymore though.

Top Bottom