• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Team UGS:

Genesis: 7th
Pound 4: 5th
Apex: 3rd or higher

So if they lose to Mango and Lucky, they'll get 1st at the next international. Joy.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mango/Lucky lost to Armada/Aniolas in an epic 3 game set in 2nd round winners. Uploading tomorrow.

Top 8 melee doubles:
1-3: mango/lucky, m2k/jman, armada/aniolas
4: hax/hbox
5: pp/yay
5: raynex/unknown
7: shiz/leemartin
7: axe/taj

Nike.

Smash Hero
I think it would be cool to finish doubles bracket for both games immediately after round 1 of pools, while the tourney organizers are seeding for round 2 pools. Otherwise, half the community will sleep through it if it's early in the morning.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Also for the love of god, can VGBootcamp make sure the stream is working properly for EVERYONE? A lot of people didn't get to see everything, and much of what we could have was recorded. And for everyone, there were a lot of "OOPS WRONG BUTTON LOL"s, random sound going off, etc.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
Also for the love of god, can VGBootcamp make sure the stream is working properly for EVERYONE? A lot of people didn't get to see everything, and much of what we could have was recorded. And for everyone, there were a lot of "OOPS WRONG BUTTON LOL"s, random sound going off, etc.
The stream did not work for A LOT of ppl here too. I hope they'll fix it.

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be cool to finish doubles bracket for both games immediately after round 1 of pools, while the tourney organizers are seeding for round 2 pools. Otherwise, half the community will sleep through it if it's early in the morning.
Yeah, especially people on the west coast :ohwell:

I wish I could have made it to APEX, but the stars didn't align this time...

To you guys who are there: record as much as you can! :)

MDU

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or do Jman and Mew2king get away with a lot of Upsmash spam. How come other foxes don't do this as often? Especially in teams.

Return

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or do Jman and Mew2king get away with a lot of Upsmash spam. How come other foxes don't do this as often? Especially in teams.
Because they are m2k and jman.

All things aside, I thought the stream was very good. Great quality, no choppiness. Some people complained that the stream was not working for them, but it worked perfect for others. It's probably not VGBootcamp's fault and I don't see what they could do. The commentators were fine early in the day but towards the night they started getting restless and talking about random things. It's understandable though.
Also: No Wife? :(

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
stream wasn't too good, way too inconsistent
what time will the doubles finish up?

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Last 10 pages have been Canadians b1tching about how the stream don't work.

I want my 10 minutes back.

so another example of "its not jersey shore DI its Tinman DI" this is to prove on a knowledge basis what Tinman DI is to america http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pijcV3Gy6XI&feature=related go to 4:44

does Tinman learns to tap into the clutch.

Also for the backstory on clutch. Have you ever legitimately heard anyone ask what the definition of clutch was because they absolutely were clueless of what it meant. What is clutch good sirs. Tinman DI is definately not tapping into the clutch.

booshk

Smash Lord
Last 10 pages have been Canadians b1tching about how the stream don't work.

I want my 10 minutes back.
lol **** you

anyways
steam quality was fine for the short amounts of time it was on.
when VG reset the live stream it worked for like a good minute and went off again. it's really annoying. please fix it.
everyone on livestream are also jackazzes if you ask for a restart(like the guy above), so there's not much help u get from the livestream people.
they just say "Restart, oo restart ur comp, oo use ie 10" lol stfu we tried everything multiple times we're not idiots.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
lol **** you

anyways
steam quality was fine for the short amounts of time it was on.
when VG reset the live stream it worked for like a good minute and went off again. it's really annoying. please fix it.
everyone on livestream are also jackazzes if you ask for a restart(like the guy above), so there's not much help u get from the livestream people.
they just say "Restart, oo restart ur comp, oo use ie 10" lol stfu we tried everything multiple times we're not idiots.
Thing is, if it's working for like 350 people, and not working for like 30, I don't thing the people at VGbootcamp really know how to work it out, it's not really a standard technical problem to have a couple of people not have it work for them.

idea

Smash Master
i know prog had his laptop set up and afaik he recorded the whole day on that one tv. and i saw other laptops set up around the place...plus a lot of the important matches were specifically played on the stream or projector which means they were recorded too.

this tournament is so good so far =)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Smash is the only reason why I would willingly get up this early on a Saturday. Is that a good or bad thing?

Can't wait to get ***** in my pool.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, if it's working for like 350 people, and not working for like 30, I don't thing the people at VGbootcamp really know how to work it out, it's not really a standard technical problem to have a couple of people not have it work for them.
I have no idea what may have caused problem, but I think that might have something to do with countries. I mean, most people complaning about the stream were from other countries but USA. For exemple, here in Brazil, the rate for working : not working was close to 2:3, I guess.

Yet again, prolly there is nothing VGbootcamp could do.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
About the VGBootCamp issue: it just is not true that they can't fix it. I watched ALL the crews, then yes, later it started going off air. Then later again the reset it, and I could watch it again. Then later again it went off :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom