• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyway to break the chaingrabs

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I use mostly olimar, and I was vsing a good ice climber last night, he grabbed me and I went from 0 to 100 percent damage. Then I was smashed while popo grabbed me, the only reason I won the match was because lag messed up the ice climber players grab So is there anyway to escape this death trap or is it hopeless once you get grabbed @_@

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Try and use DI to the best of ur ability but if the ICs are rely gd it's extremely hard to get out of it unless they make a mistake. Like u sed chaingrabs are hard to do online but my best advice is to try and not be grabbed in the first place

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Nope. once you get grabbed, you're screwed. good thing their grab range is trash, but it gets annoying when all they do is chase you around the stage desperate for a grab >_>

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
the thing is camping olny works so long, i had to rely on my yellow pikmin to set up some combos, but when I tried grabbing popo, nana got in the way >.> I think I won by ether smashing them upwards or an up throw with a purple pikmin. NO yeah it was an up smash. Gah I though being hit by a spammy pit was bad.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
When you're graabbed, the best thing to do is to mash the buttons and/or hope he messes up the CGs.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
When fighting ice climbers.... this is what you do
When both are alive:
1. Dont get grabbed
2. dont grab unless you have perfect situation, and when you do, IMMEDIATELY throw them or the other one gets angry and hits you.
When one is alive:
1. Gimp the recovery.... GIMP IT!
2. Feel free to grab the lone icey

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
who were you vsing was it me because i vsed you yesterday and i was IC

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Really... You're only hope is to separate them...

Seriously... it's the ONLY option... Divide and Conquer...

Once you get grabbed... you're screwed unless they screw up. the Chain Grab....

Edit: Just like illinialex24's Sig with Jigglypuff says... go "Nana ****" happy... O_O

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Really... You're only hope is to separate them...

Seriously... it's the ONLY option... Divide and Conquer...

Once you get grabbed... you're screwed unless they screw up. the Chain Grab....

Edit: Just like illinialex24's Sig with Jigglypuff says... go "Nana ****" happy... O_O
Thank you. I was just gonna tell you to watch my sig lol for how to beat the IC's. Split and go for Nana. This is because she is not controlled by a human and is much easier to attack. Popo **** is stupid unless he is offstage and vulnerable, while Nana is not. In almost every situation, try to attack Nana.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Thank you. I was just gonna tell you to watch my sig lol for how to beat the IC's. Split and go for Nana. This is because she is not controlled by a human and is much easier to attack. Popo **** is stupid unless he is offstage and vulnerable, while Nana is not. In almost every situation, try to attack Nana.
I laughed when I saw that sig
anyway no it wasnt you chaos it was silent marth
I was lucky the lag got me out of the chain grab twice

lain

Smash Master
What was that popo doing? It didn't look like he knew how to save nana, or try and get his opponent off of nana (where in that situation he had multiple options and multiple times).

But yeah.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
What was that popo doing? It didn't look like he knew how to save nana, or try and get his opponent off of nana (where in that situation he had multiple options and multiple times).

But yeah.
I think it was because Jigglypuff was footstooling while Popo attempted to do the Recovery...

I'm sorry... but while Nana was being preoccupied with **** (O_O) Popo couldn't do a **** thing about it...

O_O

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I think it was because Jigglypuff was footstooling while Popo attempted to do the Recovery...

I'm sorry... but while Nana was being preoccupied with **** (O_O) Popo couldn't do a **** thing about it...

O_O
Other one. The one on the right, is my friend who isn't the best IC. He has almost no tech skill with them and thinks hes good for some strange reason. But that clip is too much ****.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I always get ***** when Meta Knight gets Nana (my primary) off the stage and keeps Popo (secondary) away with his stupid quick, lagless attacks. I can't recover that way >_<

lain

Smash Master

O_O
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that popo can rescue nana from being in footstool animation with sideb or upb. It was simply too late for that popo who (as alex already said) was very slow to react.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that popo can rescue nana from being in footstool animation with sideb or upb. It was simply too late for that popo who (as alex already said) was very slow to react.
But would Nana be rescued while the Footstool is being started up?

From my experience, it's just like using the Up B while nana is being hit...

But then again... I AM a smash n00b when it comes to this technical stuff...

Please enlighten me... (seriously)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No wrong IC. The one on the right is the bad one, the one on the left is actually very good. Barge vs. my friend. Barge has great mindgames and has all the tech skill needed to work with them, and he knows how to use them. The one on the right is my ****ty friend lol.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah nana can't escape the initial animations of being footstooled, you just simply made a mistake where you jumped down too early. Usually I run off and UpB just close enough to the edge where even if I manage to **** it up somehow, Popo still lives.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah nana can't escape the initial animations of being footstooled, you just simply made a mistake where you jumped down too early. Usually I run off and UpB just close enough to the edge where even if I manage to **** it up somehow, Popo still lives.
Yeah, I loved that combo. Though feel free to insult the guy on the right who suicides badly trying to save Nana when tried to save her way too late.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Don't get grabbed.

If that fails, try to mash out of the grabs. If the IC holds you too long before throwing you can mash out. Or hope he ****s up.

Yeah it's pretty much hopeless if he's doing it right.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Don't get grabbed.

If that fails, try to mash out of the grabs. If the IC holds you too long before throwing you can mash out. Or hope he ****s up.

Yeah it's pretty much hopeless if he's doing it right.
as hopeless as trying to get megs defense capped
so yeah its completly hoepless, when vsed another one earlier today

ADHD

Smash Hero
Super grab break can sometimes save you when they're charging a smash out of a grab for the kill. Clack c-stick back and forth while rotating the analog stick.

lain

Smash Master
Yep. This is why some IC players I know miss that Usmash. I always cg to a higher percent so I can do a slightly charged one.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I just downthrow (nana) and do a running charge upsmash (popo). You have that small window to trip, but i found that more reliable to kill at low 100% area if your really nervous to cg at higher percents.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just downthrow (nana) and do a running charge upsmash (popo). You have that small window to trip, but i found that more reliable to kill at low 100% area if your really nervous to cg at higher percents.
You should never do that actually. Like...seriously stop doing that right now lol. That chance to trip and the fact that they have more time to break out is going to lose you a tournament match some day.

If you just Dthrow or Fthrow to nana you can start charging when she catches them. You don't have to move at this point, just charge for a second and then Back throw. They can't break out when you are throwing them so this allows you to charge it almost all the way while they are being thrown. Especially if they are heavier. It is by FAR the most consistant and safe way to kill with IC's.

Top Bottom