• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I'm tired of answering the same question, it's likely impossible to know how the information was gained, as pretty much every single leak is. Sometimes, they miss small details, despite being accurate. All of this will surely fall on deaf ears, but objectively there's more going for the leak than against it.

And frankly, getting "Mii Fighters" (Which I've never seen anyone predict and you haven't either) specifically right (Which by the way implies updated information, meaning everything else is still current.) should've been a nail in that coffin for anyone with common sense.
I think what is has against it is about equal to what it has going for it, I saw someone comparing the side in a post... Let me see if I can find it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So to a new topic how would you guys feel if Chrom's FS was based on Fire Emblem: Awakening's boxart:

Once you hit a player up-close, a crowd of all of the non-DLC recruited units attack from down from the sky slashing towards the opponent?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm sorry, but this reeks of denial. We don't know when the list was made, so that covers Greninja. "Guy" generally refers to a male human. Resetti and Nook aren't human. The leaker obviously didn't know all the info at once. The proximity thing makes no sense as a detractor, and the last bit is inconclusive, as other series are also missing enemies (like Fire Emblem, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, and I think StarFox). And obviously the staff wouldn't address the leak. Look, I get it, you dislike Chrom. But at this point you're just filled with too much denial to ignore the solid evidence because of a few minor "inconsistencies," if you can even call them that.

Anyway, I had a horrible dream that Frederick was shown instead, and was given a...different name. I think it was Jacques. Why did I have two Chrom dreams in a row? :confused:
Pardon me for asking, but could you explain that bolded part of what you said? Because that part seems rather odd to me. If I understand correctly, you're saying the leaker has leaked in parts due to acquiring the information at separate times. Yet the later parts of the leak contain outdated information, most notably the "Pokemon from X and Y" bit. If the leaker did acquire his information at different times, that would suggest that the leaker got the second batch of characters (which included the outdated Pokemon info) after E3, when he leaked out his first batch of characters. But was the Pokemon from X and Y still undecided at that point? I mean, we know Greninja was decided on before X and Y was released, and was put together fairly quickly according to Sakurai, so was Greninja really decided on that late? That just strikes me as odd. Some clarification would be nice.

Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that I think the leak is more than likely real at this point. But I'm not sure that the leaker got his information at totally different times like you claim.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because nobody knows about boxing. At all.

Hell, even basic fighting game knowledge.
100% agree. I just wish Sakurai hadn't almost sided with those stupid people by saying "It's pretty tough to come up with a moveset that only consists of punches." Sigh.

@ IronFish IronFish Unless it's incorrectly predicted another 8 characters I don't know about, it's not equal yet.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Because nobody knows about boxing. At all.

Hell, even basic fighting game knowledge.
Damn it, I really wish I didn't press that "show ignored content" button cause now I've got to explain the joke -.-
I was quoting a common stupid statement from detractors about Lil Mac before he was announced. Now to go find a way to make that button hidden...

D

Deleted member

So to a new topic how would you guys feel if Chrom's FS was based on Fire Emblem: Awakening's boxart:

Once you hit a player up-close, a crowd of all of the non-DLC recruited units attack from down from the sky slashing towards the opponent?
As long as Chrom doesn't somehow steal Great Aether or clone Critical Hit, I'm fine with anything :p This isn't a bad idea though. Mega Man's final smash summons other characters to aide him, so it's not entirely out of the question.
And obviously you can't use the DLC units, or else there would be two Ikes and Marths in the same match, and we just CAN'T have that now can we? It would also make Roy supporters salty that he just cameos in Chrom's final smash.

I was quoting a common stupid statement from detractors about Lil Mac before he was announced. Now to go find a way to make that button hidden...
Yeah, there is no way I didn't want Little Mac before his reveal because of that very reason... No way at all... :lol:
IT'S THE LACKLUSTER CRUSADE MAC'S FAULT

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Damn it, I really wish I didn't press that "show ignored content" button cause now I've got to explain the joke -.-
Well no ****, I was one of the few people telling others for months how stupid they were for not knowing about the surprising complexity of boxing and how there is more then "a punch".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pardon me for asking, but could you explain that bolded part of what you said? Because that part seems rather odd to me. If I understand correctly, you're saying the leaker has leaked in parts due to acquiring the information at separate times. Yet the later parts of the leak contain outdated information, most notably the "Pokemon from X and Y" bit. If the leaker did acquire his information at different times, that would suggest that the leaker got the second batch of characters (which included the outdated Pokemon info) after E3, when he leaked out his first batch of characters. But was the Pokemon from X and Y still undecided at that point? I mean, we know Greninja was decided on before X and Y was released, and was put together fairly quickly according to Sakurai, so was Greninja really decided on that late? That just strikes me as odd. Some clarification would be nice.

Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that I think the leak is more than likely real at this point. But I'm not sure that the leaker got his information at totally different times like you claim.
No problem, haha. Maybe I should have specified. :p

The bolded part was mainly me referring to the fact that in the Sal Leak from E3 2013, he didn't yet leak Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men. As such, more information was gained over time. Hence, he couldn't just reveal it "all at once," like what IronFish was questioning.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Better than another generic laser (seriously, how many FS Lasers we have right now?)

The problem is if was too fast you has no time to look at the characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Better than another generic laser (seriously, how many FS Lasers we have right now?)

The problem is if was too fast you has no time to look at the characters.
Pause is best button!

I still think it'll be some kind of dual-strike, with Lucina or Robin or whatever. As long as it's not Critical Hit (Or worse Greater Aether), I'm good.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The Leak isn't real until Sakurai, or some other Nintendo exec says so themselves.
I'm sure Nintendo will give us a press release saying "Smash Newcomers were leaked a while ago guys.":smirk:

Really if this guy is wrong then he's preposterously lucky- and the inclusion of a Rhythm Heaven enemy suggests a Rhythm Heaven character. Not gonna say the leak is confirmed or anything but it's kinda obvious that there's at least something to it. You act like everyone who believes it is following it blindly when even some of the most stubborn holdouts converted when Pac-Man was shown. Hell, regardless of the leak's validity, Chrom is probably the most likely of the Fire Emblem newcomers.

Also, I do like the dual strike with Lucina idea, as far as final smashes go. I feel like that fits pretty well.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

I can perfectly picture this. Actually, this might be one of the coolest FS suggestions I've seen for Chrom.
Every unit from FEA can get a cameo in Chrom's FS. Except Kellam.

tetraforce

Smash Rookie
Chrom is probably going to be in the game even if the gemastu leak turns out to be false which it probably isn't since no one could have guess WFT and Sakurai flat out said prior to development that Villager would not work. The main reason Awakening was a massive success that save the series it would be a crime for it not to have representation. Of the Awakening cast Chrom is the best option because he is the main character and main characters take priority, it doesn't matter how popular Lucina is replacing Chrom with her would be like replacing sonic with shadow as a sonic rep it just not happening and Robin/ tactician is and avatar character there are already enough avatar Villager WFT and Mii plus fire emblem is not a life simulator in the same vain as animal crossing or Tomadachi life having an avatar character would not adequately represent the series.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well really, leak aside, Chrom's chances have been doing nothing but fall. ID purpose on Arena Ferox, Ike staying in, custom moves, FE:A's creator saying he likes Robin, etc. Chrom's chances are only high now because of a leak.That and he looks like a beefier Merth/ Wimpier Ike.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well really, leak aside, Chrom's chances have been doing nothing but fall. ID purpose on Arena Ferox, Ike staying in, custom moves, FE:A's creator saying he likes Robin, etc. Chrom's chances are only high now because of a leak.That and he looks like a beefier Merth/ Wimpier Ike.
Do you do anything in this thread besides complain about Chrom?

First off, having that song on Arena Ferox means nothing. It's a good track from that game.

Ike has nothing to do with Chrom's chances. The creator's opinion has nothing to do with it. I guess Tharja is confirmed because the developers like her best.

Chrom always had high chances.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
First you say people defending Chrom are in denial, and then use a song from his game that's popular and enjoyable as a reason against him. Honestly...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So you know who's theme ID purpose is?
Who, I'll bet it rhymes with sobbin'.

Roy's theme was on Castle Siege, and the Black Knight's theme was on Castle Siege too. Black Knight confirmed for Brawl.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's the music that plays during the final boss. It makes sense to put in, regardless of the connection to Robin. You're really stretching it here. The Gangplank Galleon theme played on Rumble Falls and we didn't get K. Rool. It's a memorable Final Boss theme. Nothing more.

D

Deleted member

Robin's...
It's a very popular theme. I would have been shocked if this song didn't appear in Smash at all.
It reminds me of hearing how people thought that Ridley was confirmed after when Sakurai posted his theme on Brawl's DOJO!!...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But there was also Ike's theme, so far no Chrom's theme.
Well, you're definitely persistent (and giving Robin supporters a bad name, but that's beside the point.) but I can play that particular game all day.

- The Chaos Kin theme played in Palutena's trailer. Possessed Palutena/Chaos Kin confirmed. On that same vein, Return of Palutena hasn't been confirmed yet. I guess she isn't playable.
- We haven't heard Ganon's theme yet (any variety) on either Skyloft or the Gerudo Valley stage. Ganondorf disconfirmed.
- Shadow Dragon Medley shouldn't count as a "Marth theme" so I guess Marth wasn't in Brawl cuz he didn't have his own music.

And actually yes, what is Chrom's theme (From a documented source that calls it that, not your personal gut feeling). I don't remember themes from FE:A actually being labeled as character themes. Not even for Robin.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But there was also Ike's theme, so far no Chrom's theme.
"Ike's Theme" is a bit of a deceptive name, it's more so the theme of the Greil Mercenaries that would normally play before an upcoming battle or some sort of important event, and in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn it's refereed to as "Eternal Bond". However it was renamed to "Ike's Theme" because of his status as the leader of the Greil Mercenaries.

Fire Emblem: Awakening had an equivalent called "Here we are! The Shepards' garrison"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Of course he does he's the main charact- wait a minute!
Just stop. You're going in circles and almost intentionally being an ass about the character. If you don't support him, don't post here, because all you're doing is fueling people who support the character, and probably even inspiring others to support him, by nature of being obstinate about it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All I was saying is Chrom's isn't confirmed until he shows up on that website.
That's definitely not all. Or, if it is, you're doing it in a very roundabout and condescending manner.

He's as much of a complete lock right now as Palutena is/was.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
That's it, I'm just gonna have to beat both Xenoblaze and you repeatedly with Chrom, online, when the game comes out.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
"Complete lock"?

Also while I like the idea of Chrom's final smash involving the army in some way, I'd much prefer it if some seriously great friendship attack was done between him and Avatar, like the pairup system.
Or just with Lucina (like Banjodorf suggested) if including Avatar in Chrom's FS is too..."meta"?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Complete lock"?

Also while I like the idea of Chrom's final smash involving the army in some way, I'd much prefer it if some seriously great friendship attack was done between him and Avatar, like the pairup system.
Or just with Lucina (like Banjodorf suggested) if including Avatar in Chrom's FS is too..."meta"?
Really that was just a personal jab at said poster's repeatedly stated opinions on Palutena before she was revealed. :awesome:

I'm not too worried about any of them, "complete lock" status nonwithstanding, but I'm fairly sure we're going to see all 3 Gematsu newcomers. As in very sure.

As for the Final Smash, if the pair-up system isn't referenced either through it or Chrom's general moveset, I'm going to be super-disappointed.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Come on guys, don't fight...

It kills me to see this as both a Chrom and Robin supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom