• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No problem, haha. Maybe I should have specified. :p

The bolded part was mainly me referring to the fact that in the Sal Leak from E3 2013, he didn't yet leak Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men. As such, more information was gained over time. Hence, he couldn't just reveal it "all at once," like what IronFish was questioning.
Yes, I get that. But if the second batch of characters was discovered by the leaker at a later date, why does it contain information about undecided characters, when that decision was more than likely made awhile back? Why wasn't the leaker able to name Greninja? Shouldn't Greninja have been decided by the time the leaker supposedly got this second batch of information?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why did the Pokemon X&Y leaker specifically say you never ride any Pokemon other than Gogoats in the game while getting tons of other details right, such as Sky Battles and the weaknesses and strengths of Fairy type.

Sometimes leakers don't get all the information, but given the consistent nature of the Gematsu leak and it's currently entirely-correct track record, I doubt it's incorrect with what little information it still has to prove.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why did the Pokemon X&Y leaker specifically say you never ride any Pokemon other than Gogoats in the game while getting tons of other details right, such as Sky Battles and the weaknesses and strengths of Fairy type.

Sometimes leakers don't get all the information, but given the consistent nature of the Gematsu leak and it's currently entirely-correct track record, I doubt it's incorrect with what little information it still has to prove.
As I said in my previous post, I do think the Gematsu leak is real. I'm just questioning a claim Opossum made regarding it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well my theory is that Sal's tipper isn't working on the game anymore, which means that his info is from around two years ago.

Greninja was decided after Sakurai said that he wanted to fill an open Pokemon slot (which works wonders for Mewtwo IMHO), so he wasn't planned from the very start.

The Ness and Lucas debate definitely went on early, since that would be during the deciding of the roster, not during development.

Sal's tipper must have been involved during the planning of the roster, as that is when "X/Y Pokemon" and arguments about the addition of characters would come into play.

He must still have SOME info however, since he was able to tell Sal about "Mii Fighter".

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well my theory is that Sal's tipper isn't working on the game anymore, which means that his info is from around two years ago.

Greninja was decided after Sakurai said that he wanted to fill an open Pokemon slot (which works wonders for Mewtwo IMHO), so he wasn't planned from the very start.

The Ness and Lucas debate definitely went on early, since that would be during the deciding of the roster, not during development.

Sal's tipper must have been involved during the planning of the roster, as that is when "X/Y Pokemon" and arguments about the addition of characters would come into play.

He must still have SOME info however, since he was able to tell Sal about "Mii Fighter".
I still think its possible that planed Chrom and sacking Ike, but then changed their minds and kept Ike and replaced Chrom with someone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still think its possible that planed Chrom and sacking Ike, but then changed their minds and kept Ike and replaced Chrom with someone.
It's not like they can't coexist, you know...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can play a few matches. I'll need that sort of thing to get used to the layout of the 3DS.
Lol okay, that's a different response than I expected. I'll just have to register you and @ IronFish IronFish on the 3DS sometime.

Come on guys, don't fight...

It kills me to see this as both a Chrom and Robin supporter.
Smash Bros fights are only for the booty though....the Tharja booty.

IronFish

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter now, but I found that post
This is how I see it.. both sides of the argument have to explain how the holes in their side of the argument could have occurred.

The "Leak is real" side has to argue:
-Why was the villagers name wrong, when WFT's was spot on?
-Why were LM, Pacman, and Miis not revealed e3 2013, as the leak stated?
-Why was Greninja not named/described/anything. Why did we get "Pokemon from X & Y" instead?
-How did the leaker update the Mii Fighters name correctly, but miss "Goddess Palutena"?
-Why was Rosalina not included in the leak (and revealed before the 3)?

The "Leak is fake" side has to argue:
-How could the leaker know about Villager, WFT, and Megaman at e3 2013?
-How has the leaker not been wrong about any guesses?
-How did the leaker correctly get the names of WFT and Mii Fighters?
-Do the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run mean anything?
-If so, how did the leaker know about Chorus Men? (pending Chorus Men actually being in)

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It doesn't matter now, but I found that post
First off, this doesn't belong here.

Secondly, using the inconsistencies to show Chrom isn't guaranteed has just about as many holes in it as the leak supposedly does.

If you seriously think the leaker would confuse Chrom with Lucina or Robin, then THAT is the definition of grasping straws. If IS want's Chrom, they want Chrom. They're not going to be like "Oh pick Chrom." Then later "NO WAIT. PICK ROBIN"

I would advise to take the leak very seriously, because it has been correct on nearly everything so far. Nobody has the answers as to why certain things did or didn't happen, but that shouldn't take away from the accuracy it has had thus far.

Continue with Chrom discussion now please.

IronFish

Smash Ace
First off, this doesn't belong here.

Secondly, using the inconsistencies to show Chrom isn't guaranteed has just about as many holes in it as the leak supposedly does.

If you seriously think the leaker would confuse Chrom with Lucina or Robin, then THAT is the definition of grasping straws. If IS want's Chrom, they want Chrom. They're not going to be like "Oh pick Chrom." Then later "NO WAIT. PICK ROBIN"

I would advise to take the leak very seriously, because it has been correct on nearly everything so far. Nobody has the answers as to why certain things did or didn't happen, but that shouldn't take away from the accuracy it has had thus far.

Continue with Chrom discussion now please.
It was just thing showing the thing the leak has going for it AND the hole, says nothing about the Chrom, NO Robin thing. Also it wasn't my post, just one I though was relevant.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Let's have a little poll here. Do you think Chrom's final smash will involve Lucina?
-Yes, she will appear on the stage and assist him
-Yes, but she will appear in animation only like the other megamen
-No, because she will be playable
-No, his final smash will not involve Lucina

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Let's have a little poll here. Do you think Chrom's final smash will involve Lucina?
-Yes, she will appear on the stage and assist him
-Yes, but she will appear in animation only like the other megamen
-No, because she will be playable
-No, his final smash will not involve Lucina
I can't shake off the feeling its option 3.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Wouldn't the leaker have mentioned that the same way they did Ness and Lucas?

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I thought due to tradition, Ike would be replaced by Chrom as the new lord.

Also Leafeon, I think Lucina will be playable. I've always thought she'd be Marth's alternate costume.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Most recent protagonist cut once =/= Tradition
Yeah, I never understood it when people would take one isolated incident and cite it as a pattern. Smash Bros fan logic I guess.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to offend or come off as stupid, I honestly figured that would just continue to be a pattern, my bad.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What the heck happened to this thread?!

Well no ****, I was one of the few people telling others for months how stupid they were for not knowing about the surprising complexity of boxing and how there is more then "a punch".
I also thought Mac was going to be unique. He's a boxer. There is no other character like him in the roster.

I would just stay out of support threads if you have nothing good or beneficial to say about the character.
What if I have something neutral to say?:p

It's not like they can't coexist, you know...
But Opposum, they are mutually exclusive and Ike's confirmation automatically disconfirmed Chrom, because people said so. And we know people are always correcft no matter what!:p

On a slightly different topic, it's actually kinda interesting that considering when the roster was decided on, this would mean that half the FE characters had fan demand factoring into their inclusion whereas the other half had their inclusion nothing to do with any type of popularity, let alone Smash demands. The latter of course being Roy and Chrom.

In other words, Chrom is pretty much in the same situation as WFT, the Chorus Men, Rosalina and Greninja in that their inclusion had nothing to do with fan demand. Just something intersting I mused over.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
To be fair, the basis of Chrom replacing Ike was speculation based on have little to no information at all as prior to Ike reveal their was liternally nothing to link to Ike returning at all, no hints, no signs, no PoR or RD references, etc. So people speculated based on information they did know which is where the connection between Roy's fate to Ikes was established. It ended up being wrong in the end but it did seem like a possibilty at one point as nothing is absolute till it's confirmed as such.

It's the same type of speculation done by most character threads till confirmation or deconfirmations happen. I don't really see how it's any more 'stupid' as it has been put then any other non-evidence based speculation that is done in these character threads.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm still skeptical about the leak. So far it hasn't been disproven, but there are a couple of reasons to question it's validity (Greninja and Rosalina). The reason it has all the attention that it does is because it hasn't been wrong yet. But the octopus that predicted the 2010 World Cup hasn't been wrong either, and I don't actually believe it has psychic powers. With all of the alleged leaks out there, someone is bound to get lucky.

Of course, having insider information is a lot less farfetched than an animal psychic, so I'm not ready to write off the leak, either.

Regardless of the leak's authenticity, I do think Chrom is the most likely Fire Emblem newcomer, and I'm more than okay with that. If he makes it in, I'm pretty sure he'll be one of my top three characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Always nice to see enthusiasm for Chrom! It's refreshing especially when this thread has such periods of turbulence.

As for the Lucina question: I wouldn't be shocked if she's one of the following: An AT, a Final Smash element, a DLC character.

Sakurai does want to add more women...

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think Chrom should be the type of character that is specifically designed with a rushdown tactic in mind and the ability to break through defenses. Though at the same time have a risk and reward mentality with his attacks.

Remember when I mentioned "he's going to be a revision of Roy"? Well, I would actually like the high falling speed and sword hitbox mechanic reintroduced and better fleshed out.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Falchion does seem like the kind of sword that would hit harder at the base. ...Is the base bladed? I'm not actually sure. It certainly looks it. I'm sure he'll have a faster falling speed than Marth, but not Ike, because Ike's fat big boned gorilla carrying a big stick.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well it's mainly because if we're not going to get Roy, we might as well get that and a better execution to boot.

Roy was intended to be more rushdown heavy then Marth, in concept at least. Though that failed due to him copying Marth's moveset, which doesn't work because the moveset clearly caters to Marth's playstyle, not Roy's.

Also, I would like to see Chrom's neutral special should be an attack that specializes in punishing defensive play. Basically being a tool that causes heavy damage to shields if not outright break it or ignores the shield and causes extra damage. Like say a brutal reverse grip slam attack of the Falchion.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, it's pretty interesting that out of the three major characters in Awakening, Chrom's voice actor is the only one that has commented on the possibility of voicing a character in Smash. The way in which he (jokingly, of course) further discussed Chrom's hypothetical FS after telling the audience to stay tuned and see what could happen in the future reminds me of the discussion Sakurai had concerning Pac-Man's hypothetical FS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well considering we know Chrom is going to be in this game, it shouldn't be surprising.

Now if only others would accept that fact and drop the ****.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm predicting we will see Chrom at the next Nintendo direct, along with a real trailer for SMTxFE. If he's not revealed then, I imagine him being DLC. I just don't see him being revealed post-release.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's funny that @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero seems to hate Chrom more than anyone...

Yet he's the Chrom detractor that is most accepting of Chrom's and Gematsu's likeliness.

Gematsu Leak is almost 100% real, and now the only arguments against it are personal.
I'm predicting we will see Chrom at the next Nintendo direct, along with a real trailer for SMTxFE. If he's not revealed then, I imagine him being DLC. I just don't see him being revealed post-release.
I can see all three Gematsu newcomers before release.
We're probably going to get another Smash Direct IMO.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's funny that @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero seems to hate Chrom more than anyone...

Yet he's the Chrom detractor that is most accepting of Chrom's and Gematsu's likeliness.

Gematsu Leak is almost 100% real, and now the only arguments against it are personal.

I can see all three Gematsu newcomers before release.
We're probably going to get another Smash Direct IMO.
That's the way I see it. Unless, somehow, in some way, we get any Rhythm Heaven character other than the Chorus Men, Chrom and Shulk can be considered at this point to be shoo-ins. Once those guys are confirmed, there is no way to argue that anyone other than Chrom will be in from Awakening.

Do I believe that the Chorus Men won't make it in? No, not really. I believe they will be confirmed.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Oh geeze you guys are getting me so hyped. I wonder when Nintendo will announce the next Nintendo Direct's release date?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Oh geeze you guys are getting me so hyped. I wonder when Nintendo will announce the next Nintendo Direct's release date?
Probably last minute as always :ohwell:

I'm also hoping we get Chrom at the next Direct, and hopefully some news on SMTxFE while they're at it. That would make for a good pairing of news for sure!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo Direct talk already? We have quite some time before then, guys. :p But yeah, I say it's either Chrom, or Chorus Kids at that one, since apparently they have an anniversary.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

I don't agree with the flimsy philosophy to just simply include a new Lord just for the sake of including a new Lord, because that does hurt the versatility of the series and it will taint the reception of Fire Emblem for the novices. Unless said Lord actually does mix it up like Ike, it feels like a waste of space. At this point all I'm expecting is Roy 2.0, which I don't even think it will be that bad of an idea.

However, I am not going to spit at genuine information just for the sake of retaining my desires.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Direct talk already? We have quite some time before then, guys. :p But yeah, I say it's either Chrom, or Chorus Kids at that one, since apparently they have an anniversary.
Anniversary of the Pyrosphere, Other M, Original Metroid? Big Hype Bomb? Hyped as much as Palutena? Right before Launch?

Something tells me Chrom won't be in the next direct in August.........:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom