• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I support Chrom but I just hope for a normal moveset. Summoning seems WAY too gimmicky for Chrom. Give him a lance and sword and I will be satisfied. Oh and a Javelin would be badass.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Exalted Falchion, Shield of Seals, Javeline and Chromvoy (ala Pac-Man, but with items such as Tiki's tear or vulnerary and with a limit of 5 random items...oh well, a copy of Villager's pocket but conserving multiple items, after death too.)

That could be awesome, specially the javelin, considering is an important piece of his Awakening metagame.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I personally hope Chrom is as interesting as all the newcomers we've had thus far. I want him to be anything but standard.

As I posted in the Lucina thread, I think Chrom should be breaking the rules and really bringing in fresh mechanics to the table. All the newcomers except Greninja have brought in systems, concepts and mechanics the series has never seen before. I think now that Bandai Namco are on board, it's a good as time as ever to hope the developers will really push the envelope when it comes to original fighters.

That is where I got the idea for Javelin. While Peach, Link, and now Pac-Man can summon items, no one* in Smash Bros has been able to summon a usable weapon that you can swing. There is so much potential to be had, like if custom special moves could replace it with an iron lance or heavy spear, for example. People have wanted to see a weapon other than swords represented, and this is a way.

*Not counting the ever-so-slight chance of Peach pulling out a Beam Sword.
I'd be for the weapon summoning, not only to make him special like you mentioned, but because of the chance they'd officially name the move "Chromvoy" :troll:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
How does it feel to be a Chrom supporter?
Lucina supporters hate you. Robin supporters hate you. Anna supporters hate you. Anti-leakers hate you. Anti-clonists have an irrational hate for you. Ike fans hated you until he returned.
This is a character only a mother could love.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's stupid for someone to hate people who support a character, especially since that support has nothing to do with the actual character's inclusion in most cases it seems. So it feels pretty normal, frankly.

D

Deleted member

Lucina supporters hate you. Robin supporters hate you. Anna supporters hate you. Anti-leakers hate you. Anti-clonists have an irrational hate for you. Ike fans hated you until he returned, even Squidward hates you!
Fixed :4pacman:

I think their hate comes from a leak that starts with a G and ends with an ematsu. They're just jealous :troll: I'm more a supporter of Chrom because I believe that with the way the newcomers have been thus far, there is no way Chrom will be as generic as haters believe he will be, and maybe they will come to like him when he's revealed.

ANY OPINION CAN CHANGE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucina supporters hate you. Robin supporters hate you. Anna supporters hate you. Anti-leakers hate you. Anti-clonists have an irrational hate for you. Ike fans hated you until he returned.
And the hate is entirely unwarranted, so it's their problem, not ours. And don't be a hatemonger. Insults like the one in bold are not tolerated.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
AS it's been said numerous times before, any Chrom fan flaming will not be tolerated. If you don't like the character, you can say you don't like him. But if you flame or troll, you're getting infracted.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Please see above, I was only joking. I didn't realize that it would cause so many problems, my apologies.
Lol no worries. It wasn't necessarily a comment toward you. I'm simply reiterating a point that has been made here numerous times. Just in case things start to get heated in here.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I don't know if someone has said something like this, but what about Chrom using the Einherjar cards in some way. Maybe as the down special, Chrom summons a random card with characters like Ephraim, Eirikia, Elincia, Leif, etc and all have a different kind of attack and power.

Or maybe as a final smash Chrom releases all the heroes (Even Marth and Ike but with the Awakening look) and they start attacking the other players and when the Final smash ends they all gather to make one last attack together right where Chrom is standing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know if someone has said something like this, but what about Chrom using the Einherjar cards in some way. Maybe as the down special, Chrom summons a random card with characters like Ephraim, Eirikia, Elincia, Leif, etc and all have a different kind of attack and power.

Or maybe as a final smash Chrom releases all the heroes (Even Marth and Ike but with the Awakening look) and they start attacking the other players and when the Final smash ends they all gather to make one last attack together right where Chrom is standing.
I'd rather not pay for parts of Chrom's moveset as DLC. :troll:

Einherjar could make an interesting Final Smash, though.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Um...I support Robin and Lucina. I hate the leak. And I don't hate Chrom.

Then again, I'm also a Chrom supporter, so...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's a ridiculous problem to have. The character support threads should not be an us against them situation especially since they probably do nothing to influence who the development team put in the game anyway.

I can understand the somewhat poor logical of if someone gets upset when someone says something negative about a character they like, but I don't understand the reversal. I don't really understand people that get offended when someone likes something that they don't. Which happens way more then it should and not just with Chrom either.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE

Wait wrong thread...

In all seriousness, I'm not a big fan of Chrom and would rather have Lucina, but I welcome his inclusion to the game since I pretty much accepted that he's in. Perhaps seeing him and Marth go at it would be interesting to see for a possible Event Match or something

Hong

The Strongest
You exaggerated that Lucina supporters are hating Chrom and Chrom supporters in her thread, and after it was confirmed that only one person actually hates Chrom, you came here and tried to exaggerate it as well after you failed to instigate any drama elsewhere,

Look at your posts like these:
Do you guys do anything else in this thread other than insulting Chrom? No seriously, I'm wondering.
I like insulting Chrom without leak supporters attacking me, but still.
Going back to this post, looking at the past few pages, only one user was vaguely even hating on Chrom. The majority of the biggest opponents of Chrom are not even in the Lucina, Robin or Anna threads.

What's your story? Are you trying to make your fellow users hate each other, or are you just looking for drama? While you are not flaming, I can't say I advocate actions that try to build conflict between fellow users.

There are no victims here. People naturally associate Chrom with meaning that another character will not show up, but that does not mean they hate the character, and there is most certainly no one that hates the Chrom supporters in those threads. Naturally, since Chrom is consequential to Lucina's appearance, people will post often about the merits of one over the other, but that is not in any way synonymous with hate. With the Robin thread, Chrom is considered a "fail safe", in that no matter what we will get a character we will like.

I still think it's a real shame Einherjar were not items. :( I hope Fire Emblem gets at least something this time.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
You exaggerated that Lucina supporters are hating Chrom and Chrom supporters in her thread, and after it was confirmed that only one person actually hates Chrom, you came here and tried to exaggerate it as well after you failed to instigate any drama elsewhere,

Look at your posts like these:
Going back to this post, looking at the past few pages, only one user was vaguely even hating on Chrom. The majority of the biggest opponents of Chrom are not even in the Lucina, Robin or Anna threads.

What's your story? Are you trying to make your fellow users hate each other, or are you just looking for drama? While you are not flaming, I can't say I advocate actions that try to build conflict between fellow users.

There are no victims here. People naturally associate Chrom with meaning that another character will not show up, but that does not mean they hate the character, and there is most certainly no one that hates the Chrom supporters in those threads. Naturally, since Chrom is consequential to Lucina's appearance, people will post often about the merits of one over the other, but that is not in any way synonymous with hate. With the Robin thread, Chrom is considered a "fail safe", in that no matter what we will get a character we will like.
I still think it's a real shame Einherjar were not items. :( I hope Fire Emblem gets at least something this time.
The answer would be no the Lucina comment was a poorly worded misunderstanding on my part, and this was a joke and I realize that posting one after the other was a bad idea.
I woke up to see that I caused a large stink, maybe I should go think about my wording issues before coming back, sorry for all this drama and for any inconvenience.

Oh and by the way, the levin sword would be a fantastic item.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I had a really weird dream.

Chrom was revealed in a rather unorthodox trailer. It was showcasing DLC. It tacked on Chrom near the end, not as DLC, but he was known as "Storm Chrom" oddly. And he didn't use a sword. He used a garden hose and smoked a pipe. And it was all CGI. You could purchase Bermuda shorts for him as DLC.

I have no idea what to make of this.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Chrom was revealed in a rather unorthodox trailer. It was showcasing DLC. It tacked on Chrom near the end, not as DLC, but he was known as "Storm Chrom" oddly. And he didn't use a sword. He used a garden hose and smoked a pipe. And it was all CGI. You could purchase Bermuda shorts for him as DLC.

Freud would probably say that you want to kill your father.
I'd say that's unlikely to happen but it'd be hilarious if it did.
The dream, that is. Not killing your father. does anyone know where to hide a body

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

????

I have no idea either.

Hong

The Strongest
XD I had a dream where I was with Bill Triten and he cried because he didn't want the Mii added to the game.

I don't even know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now I need a roster icon for Storm Chrom. :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
So how's this thread getting on?
Truth be told, hasn't been the same since Ike was revealed.

For better or worse, Chrom still has a lot of love outside of the forums, especially among people who just got into Fire Emblem with the 13th entry. I think a lot of people will grow to love Chrom as they have Ike, after they've given him a chance and seen what Sakurai and his team can do with the character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Truth be told, hasn't been the same since Ike was revealed.

For better or worse, Chrom still has a lot of love outside of the forums, especially among people who just got into Fire Emblem with the 13th entry. I think a lot of people will grow to love Chrom as they have Ike, after they've given him a chance and seen what Sakurai and his team can do with the character.
Yeah I guess Chrom is probably one of those characters that some people need to see in action first. Would be interesting to see what Sakurai and his team can do with him though.

All in all, I think they will do just fine with him in the games.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
If Chrom is in, I hope he uses lances. I don't really know how likely that is.
I don't think it's likely since he's primarily a sword user who wields Falchion and it would be weird switching weapons. All the cutscenes in Awakening show Chrom as a regular Lord wielding only a sword. But in SMTxFE footage Lucina and Chrom were wielding bows as Lords but that game is so non-canon :054:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
"ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!" *Chrom randomly changes a baby's diaper* <-- is what I envision every time I read this thread's title.

I don't think it's likely since he's primarily a sword user who wields Falchion and it would be weird switching weapons. All the cutscenes in Awakening show Chrom as a regular Lord wielding only a sword. But in SMTxFE footage Lucina and Chrom were wielding bows as Lords but that game is so non-canon :054:
There's SMT x FE FOOTAGE!? Where!? :crazy:

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Serious question, how many people are more interested in seeing how Chrom turns out personality wise than moveset wise? Chrom (and Awakening in general) is just so stylish and so much effort has been put into the aesthetics in this edition of Smash that I'm pretty much interested in Chrom just to see how cool he turns out to be stylistically. For all I have privately bashed Chrom for being just another blue haired swordsman and my lack of faith in him being unique moveset wise, I can actually envision Chrom being my favorite newcomer just for style as long as his moveset is functional.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I think Chrom is better in a snapshot than Ike or Marth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ike is without a doubt the better character, but I can't say he would stand out as much unless you've had a chance to see how he reacts with others. "I fight for me friend", oh ho ho. Funny, sure, but the things he says in Brawl doesn't really reflect him very well at all.

Chrom has very immediate value. You don't really need to make things up for him to entertain people that don't really know the character all too well. The Awakening characters are very shallow compared to the Tellius entries, which IMO works out better in a fighting game, where all you get are short blurts of dialogue in taunts and stuff. His fighting animations sucked compared to Ike in RD, but he is still super stylish in his own way. The thing he does with his sword at the end of battle literally builds off what Ike had begun, though.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
"ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!" *Chrom randomly changes a baby's diaper* <-- is what I envision every time I read this thread's title.

There's SMT x FE FOOTAGE!? Where!? :crazy:
I swear I saw some footage of Lucina and Chrom in the 3D with bows for SMTxFE on Tumblr along time ago, trying to look for it again for yall :)

NEVERMIND IM AN IDIOT

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear I saw some footage of Lucina and Chrom in the 3D with bows for SMTxFE on Tumblr along time ago, trying to look for it again for yall :)
That was for Monster Hunter DLC. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom