• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah... I may not be Chrom's biggest fan, but these aren't super compelling arguments against him.
Luckily they don't have to be compelling since what is more important is what can he bring to Smash.. Which is a bigger issue for him.

These are all just "By the way, in addition to not bringing much of anything new into the game, here's a bunch of other small hindrances he'd face if he was considered".

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Luckily they don't have to be compelling since what is more important is what can he bring to Smash.. Which is a bigger issue for him.

These are all just "By the way, in addition to not bringing much of anything new into the game, here's a bunch of other small hindrances he'd face if he was considered".
He brings in something no other Fire Emblem character can offer: the Pair Up mechanic.

I seriously can't believe that people are still arguing that Sakurai might not be able to give a character a unique and fun moveset.

D

Deleted member

>Provides videos to "prove" Marth and Ike don't just use random attacks and instead use moves based on specific skills.
>Videos don't prove anything whatsoever.

Great plan. :rolleyes:
EDIT: Only Aether is a legitimate example, and everyone and their grandma knows about it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
He brings in something no other Fire Emblem character can offer: the Pair Up mechanic.

I seriously can't believe that people are still arguing that Sakurai might not be able to give a character a unique and fun moveset.
Never said he couldn't. Sakurai could make a fun and unique character for a shoebox. I just have trouble seeing what he brings to the table overall in terms of Smash characters.

Pair up mechanic could work... But it seems iffy since they couldn't even do Diddy+Dixie in Brawl, and in a recent interview said that the 3DS limitations makes dual characters difficult to implement.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Yup.

Good thing

Great argument and analogy for a newcomer. "HEY GUYS LOOK AT CHROM AND HOW COOL AND UNIQ- Well actually, not really unique... But he could be a clone! That's cool, right...? Right, guys?"

Both of them have Luna in specific carnations in Awakening.

And I distinctly remember Aether being the combination of Sol and Luna in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Disagree with this so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmbuQDuAlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GK8sj71rQ

Sakurai just doesn't throw in characters willy-nilly. D:
If I am correct you are a big Roy supporter right? You do realize that he has a hell of a lot less to work with than Chrom? He will almost assuredly be a clone again.

I was referring to their specific games when I said they can't learn Luna. Both can be reclassed to any male class, so of course they can learn Luna in awakening. And you are right about aether but technically it's still not Luna. Technically.

I watched some of Ike's video and I have to say some of it is complete bullcrap (eruption relating to bolganone? Lolwut. And if he wanted to relate it to micaiahs blessing I'm pretty sure it would have been blue fire). Some of it makes sense, but all in all what I said still stands, most of his moveset is based off of random attacks, not skills. Chrom has a ton of different random attack animations, why can't he also use those?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I don't actually really like the idea of using the Pair Up mechanic... rather, I don't really like any of the ideas I've heard for it. Not only did Sakurai express that duos are hard to implement for the 3DS, I don't think anyone else should ever use something resembling the Ice Climber's unique mechanic.

And... yeah, man, you should only use compelling points when arguing something. Whenever you throw out an easily refuted point, it just makes your entire position look weaker. There are a lot of legitimate reasons to be down on Chrom, there's no reason to go grabbin' at straws when you've already chugged the whole thing.

Edit: I actually disagree about Roy having less to work with than Chrom. But I don't really care enough to actually debate that point.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Never said he couldn't. Sakurai could make a fun and unique character for a shoebox. I just have trouble seeing what he brings to the table overall in terms of Smash characters.

Pair up mechanic could work... But it seems iffy since they couldn't even do Diddy+Dixie in Brawl, and in a recent interview said that the 3DS limitations makes dual characters difficult to implement.
Dude, you support Roy. Supporting characters with absolutely nothing to bring to the table should be an absolute breeze for you.

I don't actually really like the idea of using the Pair Up mechanic... rather, I don't really like any of the ideas I've heard for it. Not only did Sakurai express that duos are hard to implement for the 3DS, I don't think anyone else should ever use something resembling the Ice Climber's unique mechanic.

And... yeah, man, you should only use compelling points when arguing something. Whenever you throw out an easily refuted point, it just makes your entire position look weaker. There are a lot of legitimate reasons to be down on Chrom, there's no reason to go grabbin' at straws when you've already chugged the whole thing.

Edit: I actually disagree about Roy having less to work with than Chrom. But I don't really care enough to actually debate that point.
I don't care for the pair up mechanic being something that like actually pairs characters up, but I think various ideas about it can be used in some way in his moveset. Like maybe a forward jump into a roll to represent the guard technique. I could dig that.

•Col•

Smash Champion
>Provides videos to "prove" Marth and Ike don't just use random attacks and instead use moves based on specific skills.
>Videos don't prove anything whatsoever.

Great plan. :rolleyes:
Never said it as conclusive evidence, but if you really don't see any inspiration at all for their attacks from certain moves they used in FE games, then that's fine. Obviously a loooot of the moves are speculation and a stretch, but at least some of them seem likely.

I'm doubting that I'm the only one that believes actually does put a lot of thought into characters moves, though...

Ur not gonna beat me in a sarcasm-off. D:

If I am correct you are a big Roy supporter right? You do realize that he has a hell of a lot less to work with than Chrom? He will almost assuredly be a clone again.
I disagree that he has a lot less than Chrom to work with. What's even more funny is that even if Roy is given all Marth A-moves again, I still feel he could easily be made to feel more unique than Chrom(even if he had completely original A-moves) through certain tipper/fire mechanics... If you'd like to talk about it, bring it over to the Roy thread. :3c

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Most of Ike movement has subtle resemblance to his ingame sword, while Marth in the other hand his moveset is full of attacks from other games.....

And Luna doesn't have Wind effect for the last time, these are the sword slashes trails animations, because Winds has a special color in Fire Emblem RD which is green....

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
What's even more funny is that even if Roy is given all Marth A-moves again, I still feel he could easily be made to feel more unique than Chrom(even if he had completely original A-moves) through certain tipper/fire mechanics... If you'd like to talk about it, bring it over to the Roy thread. :3c
You lost me right there. Fire moves slathered on top of a identical moveset doesn't make somebody unique. Definitely not more unique than somebody with fully original normals.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Dude, you support Roy. Supporting characters with absolutely nothing to bring to the table should be an absolute breeze for you.
Uh, just as a tip, when trying to argue why a character should be in Smash, it's prolly for the better to not bring up another person's supported character(s) and criticize them for it. It only turns others away while not supporting your own argument for a character in the end. If you wanna talk about Roy I'm happy to in his thread.

I actually don't have any qualms with Chrom. He looks cool. He has a cool personality (for a Fire Emblem character). And in the end, when talking about Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4, I know it's going to come down to Sakurai and his own personal preferences. So really, Ike/Chrom/Roy all have the chance to get in or seem equally possible to me. However way it turns out isn't going to bother me much(Roy wasn't in Brawl so I can deal with him not being in Smash 4).

So yeah, I'm not discussing how likely a character is. It just doesn't amount to anything in the end. What's important to me is asking if a character truly deserves to be in Smash. That's the only reason I support Roy, really. I feel he deserves it. If anyone can convince me that Chrom deserves it, then I'd be more than happy to support him as well. But I simply haven't seen it... That's why I'm asking these questions and pointing out these gripes. I REALLY want to be proven wrong on all of them, because like I said, I see Chrom as a potential Smash 4 character. I'd rather not have hang ups about him if he gets in, so I figured why not get his actual supporters to convince me? Ultimately it just goes back to that quote from Sakurai I posted a few pages back about asking what a character can bring to the game. And I feel people are misunderstanding what exactly I mean with that quote... Well, it's kind of hard for me to explain right now, but I'll think about it and try to post it later so people can better respond to it.

And uh, just a disclaimer.. If I'm coming off as an asshole, then sorry. I admit I can be stubborn and hardheaded, but even if it doesn't seem like it, I really am a passive person and hate any sort of confrontation. It causes me quite a bit of anxiety, even when just posting on these forums. Already in this day alone, I've felt discouraged from clicking on this thread because I know I'm getting some hate for asking these questions and making sarcastic remarks. I really am trying to have an open mind about Chrom, though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
You lost me right there. Fire moves slathered on top of a identical moveset doesn't make somebody unique. Definitely not more unique than somebody with fully original normals.
I'd like to try to convince you otherwise. Head over to the Roy thread and post your gripes there. :D

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Roy is no likely to be more or less unique than Chrom, assuming that the dev team comes in with the mindset of making Roy a completely new character.

That said, Roy certainly doesn't have more to work with than Chrom, or any other potential FE inclusion for that matter, and a good deal less than some (as does Chrom).

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'd like to try to convince you otherwise. Head over to the Roy thread and post your gripes there. :D
Its not necessarily my problems with Roy that made me post that. Normals are a huge part of a characters design determining the essential characteristics of a combant that we take for granted. They may not be as flashy as the specials, but I'd say a great part of a character is made up from things other than his/her specials. In a comparison between a fully original chrom versus a Roy with only original specials, Chrom wins hands down.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Again with the overconfidence with thinking that Chrom will be completely original...

Also, since when was there exactly a rule that stated Roy could not get a moveset overhaul? I mean, what ever could be applied to Chrom could also be applied to Roy too you know.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Its not necessarily my problems with Roy that made me post that. Normals are a huge part of a characters design determining the essential characteristics of a combant that we take for granted. They may not be as flashy as the specials, but I'd say a great part of a character is made up from things other than his/her specials. In a comparison between a fully original chrom versus a Roy with only original specials, Chrom wins hands down.

Totally fair. I also think a lot of people are calling for a Roy with new specials and new sword attacks, of course. While I feel like both of these characters can do anything with swords, Roy has the added benefit of being able to wield fire. Anyway anyway, different thread.

Maybe this also isn't quite the right thread for it, but I kind of wish they'd give Marth more of a fencing-based moveset, opening up more sword-style options for the rest of the FE sworders. Marth's version of Falchion would lend itself well to a more pinpoint strategy, and he looks fancy enough to pull it off.

Also, Chrom's falchion looks so much cooler than Marth's... even if it's still not an actual falchion.

D

Deleted member

Again with the overconfidence with thinking that Chrom will be completely original...

Also, since when was there exactly a rule that stated Roy could not get a moveset overhaul? I mean, what ever could be applied to Chrom could also be applied to Roy too you know.
Coming from the one that says Mewtwo won't be overhauled and should stay out as a result, I find this very hypocritical.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
*I* think Roy and Mewtwo should be combined into one character, Mewroy.

Flameport: Mewroy teleports away and arrives in a burst of fire.
Dark Fire Burst: A chargeable orb of whirling explosions.
Confusion Combo: A three-step combo that whirls opponents around. Fire, also.
Daze Counter: Deflects an oncoming attack and strikes back at them, stunning them. With fire.

... wait, I would totally play this character. Make it so, Sakurai!

Er. And back to Chrom, I suppose. Yay for Chrom. I wonder what he'd be like. Maybe they'd change his hair color for different teams.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Golden:
I never thought about incorporating the Pedestal of Flame into Chrom's moveset, this is something I might want to reconsider especially when his sprite model carries it around.

If there's a support list for Chrom please add me to it as well Nolar.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If I understand it right, the Pedestal of Flame is just a bad name for the Shield of Seals, right? Chrom lugging both the shield and sword and doing a lot of shield attacks could be pretty different, actually. It may not represent how people tend to think of Chrom, but it'd make him a little more interesting.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

What overconfidence? Ike is pretty damn close to completely original. Why would they start adding clones after torpedoing the FE clone in favor of a character with a new moveset?

Er. And back to Chrom, I suppose. Yay for Chrom. I wonder what he'd be like. Maybe they'd change his hair color for different teams.
I do think that they will seek to integrate Pair Up in some way. Pair Up plays an absolutely huge role in Awakening, both thematically and mechanically. Even if it's just Lucina coming on for his Final Smash or something, they will integrate it in some way, and Pair Up has a lot of really cool potential for moves.

I feel obliged to note once again that I am not referring to another character following him around Ice Climbers style, but rather special moves that may utilize other Awakening characters as part of the animation, etc. i.e. a special where you call in Tharja to fire off a magical bolt forward and then disappear, stuff like that.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace

Nobody said there was a rule, but the fact that Roy has already been in a smash game with his clones moveset makes it easier to imagine that he would still have the same moveset or at least fairly similar. Chrom on the other hand is a clean slate smash wise, and would likely be a highly prioritized character, and prioritized characters get unique movesets.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he were a clone. I mean it would be nice to have a unique moveset, but it would still be cool to have Chrom represented in some form. Like to me I love Ike's moveset other than that it is too slow for my taste, so if they were to say make his moveset a faster version of Ike's I could totally dig that. And anyway, no character is going to be exact clones in this game, exact clones ended with Melee.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I like Chrom, but I would not want him if he was a clone, or even a semi-clone. There's no excuse for clones anymore. Whether Roy returns or Chrom or someone else arrives as a newcomer, the new FE rep should have a completely original moveset.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The most major thing that's blocking me from wanting Chrom in is that there is simply a better choice when representing the series, namely, the mascot of Fire Emblem, Anna.
I don't have a personal grudge against him or anything. Simply, I think Anna would be better, for both representation and gameplay, her moveset and uniqueness ceiling is far higher than Chrom's.
I am not considering in the slightest what would happen if Chrom was completely unique, or if he was the cloniest of clones, I am only considering the abstract concept of their potential ceilings at any given level of artistic license, then examining them and thinking about which ones I would like more.

As for stats, I sincerely wonder how his stat growths and especially caps compare to the series's other representatives, we must look there for a good indicator of his difference.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Anna would indeed be the best possible FE rep for my money, but she just isn't a realistic inclusion.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna would indeed be the best possible FE rep for my money, but she just isn't a realistic inclusion.
Likelihood is not a valid argument to support a character, nor is it a valid reason to disregard a character.
We're not speculating here, we're supporting, and if we get enough support, who knows what will happen?
Even if nothing happens, that doesn't really matter as much as the act of support itself, as Anna (PC trickster) learned in her A and S support, and her classic death text, it is the thought that matters.
You're not going to lose any Internets if you support someone who is going to lose. ;)
It's falling prey to cynicism. Come, join me brother!

I hereby declare all Chrom supporters cynical forces of evil! :awesome:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Imagine how cool it would be to see the Hero of Blue Flame duke it out with the Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Ylisse. I really think the Chrom has potential to be great character, and he deserves to be in the Nintendo All-Star packed SSB4, because he is a Nintendo All-Star. He not only saved his kingdom, led the Shepards to destroy Grima, proved that destiny can change, saved the avatar Robin from evil, became the father of Lucina, etc. but he also saved the whole FE franchise from the brink of extinction. If that does not make his deserving, then I don't know what does.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Imagine how cool it would be to see the Hero of Blue Flame duke it out with the Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Ylisse. I really think the Chrom has potential to be great character, and he deserves to be in the Nintendo All-Star packed SSB4, because he is a Nintendo All-Star. He not only saved his kingdom, led the Shepards to destroy Grima, proved that destiny can change, saved the avatar Robin from evil, became the father of Lucina, etc. but he also saved the whole FE franchise from the brink of extinction. If that does not make his deserving, then I don't know what does.
What's this? Actual, genuine, real support I see! Fantastic, good on you, sir! First I've seen for Chrom.
I have one gripe though, no one is 'deserving'. No one is entitled to anything ever, he MERITED those things.
And if we're going by that, I'd contest that in my opinion, Anna has merited the position more, but you do bring up great points I've not seen before, great!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem: Awakening selling well was the thing that saved Fire Emblem, not Chrom. A fictional character cannot single handily save an entire franchise from the brink of extinction.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike's moves definitely are inspired by his game appearances!

-Quick Draw is his critical animation from Path of Radiance.
+Aether is his mastery skill in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (it's not even optional in Radiant Dawn, it's a fixed skill).
-His AAA combo is inspired by the way he holds and swings his blade as a Ranger in Path of Radiance.
-Forward Tilt is inspired by his attack animation as a Lord in Path of Radiance.
-Forward Air is an attack he used on the Black Knight in the opening of Path of Radiance.
-Neutral B might look unfitting, but still, as his finishing attack on Ashera in Radiant Dawn, Ike's sword Ragnell is engulved in blue flames. He's also named the Hero of Blue Flames (the attack should logically be with blue fire).

So that's a lot of moves.

Counter is a basic attack for all Fire Emblem characters. It fits the series well. Dodging, and counter attacking.

I dunno how this relates to Chrom, but I skimmed through here, and saw this and had to adress it.

Ike >>>> Chrom though :ike:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And technically super smash bros is just a screen with color changing pixels on it. Come on people.
Yes, they represent something, but Chrom is not a worthy representative of Awakening.
Deny me, I dare you.
Muahahaha.

Likewise it is foolish to think Tabuu made Brawl. Come on, people.

Here's to giving the Chrom thread more front page exposure.
I don't think I should have said so much in the Anna thread, there doesn't seem to be any controversy surrounding her any more, no one will attack, so the defenders are left with nothing to do!
Apathy from outside observers strikes as the attackers flee before our glorious defense!
Come, let us do battle here!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Although I believe Chrom would be a worthy addition to the roster, I don't believe he is the best addition from his game. First off, Fire Emblem: Awakening has risen the profile of the Fire Emblem series to new heights, returning its popularity in Japan and increasing its popularity in the west. It also has been the series' most critically acclaimed game that received a world wide release. And it will, if it hasn't already, be the first in the series to reach the one million sold mark. As such, I believe the series is positioned to have three characters in the next smash. Naturally, there will be an awakening rep, and by my argument, the other two characters would have to be Marth and Ike. Roy would not be likely to return since 1) his game never came out in anywhere other than Japan 2) adding a clone would not follow the four rules Sakurai put out. Marth and Ike are easier to put in than say Lyn, Hector, Eirika, etc since they already have movesets and playstyles already designed.

(Spoilers for Awakening)

With that in mind, that leaves the third Fire Emblem Rep to be between these four: Chrom, Lucina, Anna, and Robin (Avatar). Robin seems unlikely for a bunch of reasons, such as it's a customizable character (you could hood him/her, but that takes away from the character). There's also a question of the voice since that was also customizable. Due to this, Robin doesn't appear any promotional material to the game, so it's hard to get excited for the character. Anna would be an interesting choice, but her noteworthiness to the series comes from her being a shopkeeper as opposed to a swordfighter, she would be recognized for the wrong reason. Also, it is hard to argue putting her in front of the game's main protagonists.

Main protagonists? Yes, Chrom and Lucina are both the main protagonists in the game (as well as the avatar). Although the game gives you the option to not to use Lucina, there are two reasons why this is: 1) You receive her at a lower level and at the middle of the game, it would be unfair to be force to use her and then have her die. 2) All prospective mothers are able to be killed and they simply retreat from the battle aside from the avatar. Lucina is a main protagonist since 1) she's integral to the plot 2) she has conversations with the main bosses. 3) She has a unique conversation with Grima. To not look at Lucina as one of the main characters either means you haven't played the game, you didn't use her, or your favoritism towards Chrom does not allow you to see her as a main character for the sake of an argument. You can argue she's a deuteragonist or a tritagonist, but she's a protagonist nonetheless. She's a lord, and being or becoming a lord is a sign that you are one of the protagonists.

As such, Lucina fits the criteria of being a playable character, if less of a chance than Chrom. However, in the promotional material such as the soundtrack and the artbook, she appears on the cover. This is either because she is more popular in Japan than Chrom, or she simply would sell more copies. Either way, this indicates her importance to the game, as she also appears in the middle of the cover art for the game. So there is a possibility she is more popular than Chrom (in Japan). She is the protagonist of the children generation, which plays an equal part of the story, should you choose to use them.

It's this popularity that make her a better choice than Chrom. Choosing Chrom would give the series just another blue haired male sword fighter, which would be an improper representation of the series. Lucina would also add another female to a roster in need of more diversity.

Personally, I would prefer a pairing of Chrom and Lucina that shared a percentage gauge, but that you could switch between. The one in the background wouldn't attack but defend when it comes to shielding. The one could be singled out like the Ice Climbers, but when attacked it would not receive any damage unless it was in the main position. But I don't think this is likely so I'd rather root for the character I like better in the game.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
It's this popularity that make her a better choice than Chrom. Choosing Chrom would give the series just another blue haired male sword fighter, which would be an improper representation of the series. Lucina would also add another female to a roster in need of more diversity.

Personally, I would prefer a pairing of Chrom and Lucina that shared a percentage gauge, but that you could switch between. The one in the background wouldn't attack but defend when it comes to shielding. The one could be singled out like the Ice Climbers, but when attacked it would not receive any damage unless it was in the main position. But I don't think this is likely so I'd rather root for the character I like better in the game.

This acts under the assumption that having blue-haired male sword fighter is a false representation of the series in which it really isn't. This statement also insinuates that Lucina should get in over Chrom simply for being female which in my opinion is an incredibly weak reason. Lucina should get in over Chrom because of popularity as well as being able to bring more to the table.

However, I do think the Pair Up Mechanic does deserve some representation should we get an Awakening character whether it be Chrom, Lucina, Anna, or Robin. Regardless of which Awakening character gets in here's a proposed solution, though I'm not sure if someone else has already suggested this:

The Awakening character's Bv would be Dual Support+ and would function similarly to Counter.

When activating Bv the character would first summon one of the aforementioned Awakening characters to block an attack. (Dual Guard+)
Afterwards the main, playable character would strike the enemy and lock them into a brief hitstun, then the summonsed Awakening character would follow up and perform a signature/unique counterattack (Dual Strike+) before disappearing.

Each activation of Bv would rotate to the next character so we could see a stronger and more accurate representation of Awakening as well as the Fire Emblem series itself. (So whoever the playable character is we would see three rotations)

The total time for this attack would probably take a little bit longer than a normal counter but would consist of two hits instead of one. (One by the main character and one by the summoned character) The total amount of damage would be similar, if not a little bit stronger than the ratio's given for Marth's/Ike's counter.

After blocking an attack:

Chrom would perform a single, strong dash attack and launch the target.
Lucina would perform a series of quick, weak attacks in succession.
Anna would strike with the Levin Sword (Being a Trickster means she can wield a sword as well as obtain higher stats in Magic so the Levin Sword makes the most sense.) from a range.
Robin could launch the magic attack he used when striking Chrom down in the beginning of the game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This acts under the assumption that having blue-haired male sword fighter is a false representation of the series in which it really isn't. This statement also insinuates that Lucina should get in over Chrom simply for being female which in my opinion is an incredibly weak reason. Lucina should get in over Chrom because of popularity as well as being able to bring more to the table.
I wasn't sure if Lucina is more popular since I have no data to prove that she is. But judging by the fact she is on the cover of anything your selling to people who already bought the game (Artbook, soundtrack), my guess is that she is.

And improper was the wrong word. What I meant was going off my belief that Fire Emblem will have three reps as opposed two, because two of them are Marth and Ike, picking a third blu-haired male swordfighter would be just lacking. Even if they have different moves, it would just look weird. Now if Ike is getting cut, I feel like that raises Chrom's chances.

Being female definitely adds to her chances more than it subtracts. The first rule of Sakurai is would more people buy the game and play her? The truth is people initially pick characters that they identify with. There are no female swordsmen in the game, and yet there's already four male swordsmen. Her being a female would also contribute to the game's overall gender balance. There aren't that many female besides Samus who are a protagonist in their game. Both Peach and Zelda have for their gaming careers have played damsel in distress unfortunately.

Lucina just better representative of Awakening and the next generation of female protagonists at Nintendo. She's a part of the children generation, which play a major role in the game. This aspect that allowed you the pass down traits to your children is one of the part's that made Awakening so much fun. She's a strong, resolute character, whose personal tragedy gives her compelling backstory. But she's not wimpy and not defined by her relationship to any male protagonist.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who says "being female adds to her chances" is immediately discredited and should be ignored.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Anyone who says "being female adds to her chances" is immediately discredited and should be ignored.
Anyone who doesn't understand that having more females in the game adds to the people buying and playing the game; should, uh..., try to learn that.

To quote Joss Whedon quoting Junot Diaz: 'If you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves."

D

Deleted member

Anyone who doesn't understand that having more females in the game adds to the people buying and playing the game; should, uh..., try to learn that.

To quote Joss Whedon quoting Junot Diaz: 'If you want to make a human being into a monster, deny them, at the cultural level, any reflection of themselves."
Look at the newbie thinking he knows how **** works.
Whether a character has a penis or a vagina doesn't make any sort of difference in terms of how likely they are to be included in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom