• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone still play Melee much?

Apples

Smash Apprentice
I do. In fact, I can't stand Brawl. I'm in love with Melee, so naturally that's the one I'm going be playing and will continue to play.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
I play brawl, only when its ffa 4v4 with all items and smash balls. Which happens rather rarely.

Otherwise melee 'mon. (Around 98% of all occasions)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
LONG LIVE MELEE@.@ brawl is good and all but still i miss all the fun "glitchy" moves that there are.. especially wave dashing. as of right now im not playing brawl till around june 9th cuz of the HUGE melee tournament in georgia but its all good =]

LONG LIVE MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!@#

Zodiac

Smash Master
I do. In fact, I can't stand Brawl. I'm in love with Melee, so naturally that's the one I'm going be playing and will continue to play.
Yes , I play melee more, and I think im going to move exclusivley to melee instead of playing brawl for fun. because brawl is screwing with my teching game. And also melee's better.

I never thought I would be one of those smashers who stays back a generation because they perfered the previous title more then the new one. good thing im not and the new title just sucks so im staying with the obviously more competitive game.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I've only played Melee once since Brawl's release. I'm gonna start playing Melee more though because I don't want to lose the skills I gained over the last 6-7 years. Not only that but I still like Melee alot and never want to stray away from it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Taking out hit stun was pretty ********. Sakurai can go f*** a goat!

I mostly play ssb64 since I dont have time to play melee anymore, my brother in law plays ssb64 pretty well, so I play with him and my 9 year old brother in law... the kid can Z cancel and 0-death combo and stuff so its cool!

I miss melee very badly, I watched silent spectre videos for 2 hours yesterday in my free time when my GF was sleeping LOL!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I still play Melee, even though I don't have a wii or Brawl, I usually put two level 9 comps
against me but, even that doesn't give me that much of a challenge because I haven't used the advanced techniques, or glitches. Anymore I just use normal techniques,but beating two level 9 comps with normal moves seems so easy:)

Miharu

Smash Hero
I still play Melee, even though I don't have a wii or Brawl, I usually put two level 9 comps
against me but, even that doesn't give me that much of a challenge because I haven't used the advanced techniques, or glitches. Anymore I just use normal techniques,but beating two level 9 comps with normal moves seems so easy:)

/facepalm

N355

Smash Apprentice
It makes me happy to see people converting back to melee, the better game. While I have no problem with people playing brawl, I think more people need to play melee to keep the competitive scene alive and so that there will be more tournaments. I have recently switched back to melee and don't regret my decision, except for the fact that now I hve nobody to smash with because my friend plays brawl. . . ah to hell with it
melee>brawl

Best101

Smash Ace
I play Melee 1000 more than Brawl now. I can screw around with a level one com in Melee by myself for hours, but I can barely play anything in Brawl for more than an hour

aRes_fuRy

Smash Cadet
Brawl is something you play with a party going on behind you.
Melee is something you play with sex going on behind you.

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
i HATE brawl. i dont see how its lasting this long competitively. I think its a matter of time before melee takes center stage again=]

Top Bottom