• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone get the blue circle ?

phineas

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I play brawl online since it's out but I've noticed I've never get the blue circle next to the nick of friends (represent quality connexion)

I've always orange or red ...

PS : sorry, my english is very poor ><

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
You must have a bad connection. I've had a blue before with my friend. Same city. It's mostly your connection strebtgh though. I've have a better connection with a person in Virginia (I'm in New England) then someone in my own city.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i have a specific person that is sometimes green, and other times red. unusually, i have never played with them.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I have two blue circles! both are my friends that live nearby, one is a spammer though, but one is really goodand we always get great matches!
Also, plenty of green dots, w00t, that is why you get your friends codes!(kinda why they are called Friend Codes).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if its blue, the person you are playing might as well be beside you.

As far as i know, its the best connection status. I only have 1 blue on my list, but we never lag. Then again, he lives a 5 min drive from me, so we better not lag

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I have three blue connections.....I live in Long Island, NY.
One of the connections is with a guy who lives a 15 minute drive away.
The second is with my cousin who lives an hour's drive away.
The last is with some one from Jersey O_o

S2

Smash Lord
You're only going to see blue circles with people who are in close proximity and if both players have excellent connections.

Blue circles games basically have no or minimal lag.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. I haven't seen any blue circles on my list yet. Just a lot of red, orange, yellow, green--and some with nothing at all. Lag is usually not that bad, though.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I have like 5 people blue, and only one person is even close to me. I dunno, I just have a lot. I have a few greens. A yellow here and there, but the majority red.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my neighbor who lives 2 houses down is always red or orange. the games I play with him have more lag than with someone in california I play every time

Blazer

Smash Ace
I have a list of like 36ish people, and have pretty much all yellow, Orange, or red, with two greens and about 3 nothings. No blues though. And the two greens never sign on. I didn't even know blue could happen.

TheStig

Smash Lord
at my apartment, i have a friend that is about 30 ft away and the connection was green. how is blue though? is it pretty much like playing normally?

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
at my apartment, i have a friend that is about 30 ft away and the connection was green. how is blue though? is it pretty much like playing normally?
Played against the first person with blue today and for me it is just like playing normally but then again so is one of my greens and suprisingly enough got lucky with 1 red person today don't know why but all my games were great today.

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
I normally have reds or oranges. I have a green connection with my cousin who lives in a nearby city, and I have a blue connection with my sister who lives in the same city as me.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I've never had blue =/

I usually have greens and yellows and a few reds and oranges (with the few people I play with on the west coast), but I rarely ever have lag if any unless I'm playing a FFA, and someone has a godawful connection.

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
Are they signal identifiers? I get yellows and greens but my play is seamless. (Can you request brawls in posts?)
Yes they are identifiers giving you an indication of about how much lag to expect if any at all. Though of course you can get lucky every once in awhile and a person with a red circle you won't have any lag at all just depends on the traffic congestion at the time.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
i have blue connection with 2 of my friends. They live in chicago. And hour long drive from chicago heights.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen anyone with a blue circle. Everyone else though, they tend to change from green to yellow, orange, red ocassionally. Depending on how both our connections are I suppose.

Far as lag, I don't know how that works, I have a guy that's always Red, no lag. I guess he has a great connection. Just a very long distance from my location maybe.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hi everyone,

I play brawl online since it's out but I've noticed I've never get the blue circle next to the nick of friends (represent quality connexion)

I've always orange or red ...

PS : sorry, my english is very poor ><
You live in France? Many of the people you play with must be in other countries, unless there is a French Smash community... When I play with people in Europe, I usually have red connections with them.

I have plenty of green connections, and a few red, with select people whose playstyles I like watching (yay, a Yoshi main!). I usually delete Yellow - Red because those are laggy ;_;

Cable internet is awesome.

I've had about 3 blue connections ever, and I deleted two of them because they never go on anymore.

It's not bad. I'm fine with blue - green.

DSL people tend to give me yellow - red, so I don't like playing with them cause it lags ;__;

ook

Smash Lord
I've had 2 or 3 blue circles. Most yellow or green though.

Even my friend who lives just down the street from me is a yellow :/

Top Bottom