• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else think Mr. Game and Watch should Return?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How does it guarantee him? It could be him as an assist trophy. That's why the animal crossing icon is there. It's for Mr Resetti.
You really have no idea what your talking about...

1) We don't have proof there is no animal crossing character

2) If anything it would be for the AC stage, but there is not enough proof of that

3) Then why doesn't little Mac, etc. have icons? It is definetly not because of an assist trophy

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Yeah your right about the no proof of a character thing. I just wanted to see if u would argue me down. LMAO. I don't care if he's in or not but ur guessing. Don't say he's guaranteed. If u don't kno. Theres a stage based on the DS. So "SmashMaster" Tell me who's the character for the stage. I know there "guaranteed" because of the stage

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah your right about the no proof of a character thing. I just wanted to see if u would argue me down. LMAO. I don't care if he's in or not but ur guessing. Don't say he's guaranteed. If u don't kno. Theres a stage based on the DS. So "SmashMaster" Tell me who's the character for the stage. I know there "guaranteed" because of the stage
Visit my thread on the potential DS/ Touch Generation possible characters and you will see who it could be

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Visit my thread on the potential DS/ Touch Generation possible characters and you will see who it could be
LOL. Thats crazy how people have all of these theories on this game. Thats why I love this game series. But G&W still sucks and he's still not guaranteed. You can't claim fact based on a theory. Say, signs point to or something like that. I believe someone said earilier, It's a theory not a Law. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL. Thats crazy how people have all of these theories on this game. Thats why I love this game series. But G&W still sucks and he's still not guaranteed. You can't claim fact based on a theory. Say, signs point to or something like that. I believe someone said earilier, It's a theory not a Law. :laugh:
Well I would bet on Game & Watches inclusion and discussing possibilities is not crazy...

What, you only believe what you are told?

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Well I would bet on Game & Watches inclusion and discussing possibilities is not crazy...

What, you only believe what you are told?
Of coarse not! We all assume and give theories. It's human nature. But, When I said it's crazy, I was giving an expression on how big the game is. I wasn't saying that it's stupid or pointless.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Most of you guys have no idea what it was like actually having a few Game and Watch games and then seeing him in Super Smash Bros., it was one of the most epic gaming moments ever.

I highly doubt he'll get removed, but there's always a slim chance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True. He would be really cool if they updated him into a 3D model. I would actually enjoy that
He's not suppose to be in 3D...

...actually, his model WAS made in 3D...They put it into 2D ON PURPOSE

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Should Mr. GAW return? Well why not? It wouldn't be that much work to put him in , just give him his melee moveset, and he was very famous, legendary, one of nintendos first. I think all the melee characters will return except clones will be either changed or removed.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Did he really just roll his eyes?

Serving as a throwback to Nintendo's early days and as an unofficial tribute to his late creator counts as "no purpose?" *rolls eyes*
LMAO:laugh: Did u just roll your eyes on the computer? LOL. Now that was funny. But when I said he would have no purpose, I was talking about story wise. But thats my personal opinion. You can ROLL your eyes all u want, I'm not expecting your approval. LMAO. G&W sucks and he serves no purpose. His gameplay is that of the original Gameboy. He has no place in SSBB. In my opinion, all of the characters in this game should be "Jaw Droppers." Aside from the original characters. Like All of the New Comers, so far, are Jaw Droppers. That's what this game means to me.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
LMAO:laugh: Did u just roll your eyes on the computer? LOL. Now that was funny. But when I said he would have no purpose, I was talking about story wise. But thats my personal opinion. You can ROLL your eyes all u want, I'm not expecting your approval. LMAO. G&W sucks and he serves no purpose. His gameplay is that of the original Gameboy. He has no place in SSBB. In my opinion, all of the characters in this game should be "Jaw Droppers." Aside from the original characters. Like All of the New Comers, so far, are Jaw Droppers. That's what this game means to me.
Ah, yes, let's just not add one of Nintendo's first and most iconic characters in a game which is pretty much Sakurai's loveletter to Nintendo's games and all of video gaming in general.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
G&W sucks and he serves no purpose. His gameplay is that of the original Gameboy.
He predates Game Boy. The Game and Watch games led do the development of a portable SYSTEM, not portable games.

He has no place in SSBB. In my opinion, all of the characters in this game should be "Jaw Droppers." Aside from the original characters. Like All of the New Comers, so far, are Jaw Droppers. That's what this game means to me.
If you're convinced that he's not in, when the game is released and you see him in footage, you see that your "logic" makes no sense, will your jaw not drop and go "NO WAI!!"?

EPX2

Smash Ace
LMAO:laugh: Did u just roll your eyes on the computer? LOL. Now that was funny. But when I said he would have no purpose, I was talking about story wise. But thats my personal opinion.
Because it's totally impossible for Sakurai to work him into the Subspace Emissary somehow. We all know how the development team is a bunch of idiots, after all.

You can ROLL your eyes all u want, I'm not expecting your approval. LMAO.
That's very nice to know, doesn't change the fact that everything you're stating is incredibly ignorant.

G&W sucks and he serves no purpose. His gameplay is that of the original Gameboy. He has no place in SSBB.
How the hell are you determining this? Do you not notice that the series takes characters from platformers, RPGs, adventure games, racing games, and so on? How does a character like, say Captain Falcon, have any more of a place in the game than Mr. G&W?

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
He's not suppose to be in 3D...

...actually, his model WAS made in 3D...They put it into 2D ON PURPOSE
That wasn't my point, Psychoincarnate! I don't care if he's not "Supposed" to be 3D. I obviously don't like him now in 2D, Soooo why would I want what's "Supposed" to be. Ganondorf wasn't supposed to fight like Captain Falcon but he did.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
He predates Game Boy. The Game and Watch games led do the development of a portable SYSTEM, not portable games.

If you're convinced that he's not in, when the game is released and you see him in footage, you see that your "logic" makes no sense, will your jaw not drop and go "NO WAI!!"?
Listen dude. If G&W is in, more power to the fans of G&W. The Thread's topic was do u "THINK" G&W should return. Not, Is it factual that G&W is gonna make a triumphant return to the Super Smash Bros. Series? Now do u see where i'm coming from. IT'S ALL OPINION!

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Im not sure how to respond seeing as citigroup's argument is failing tremendously.
DUDE! It's not an arguement! Didn't u read my last post!? This is all what I THINK! It's my OPINION! I'm not expecting u to agree with me. And for the last time, This is not an ARGUEMENT.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Im not sure how to respond seeing as citigroup's argument is failing tremendously.
And how mature is that? U twisted my words, moron. I never said he sucks because I say so. He sucks because that's my opinion. It would be a waste to play as him again...

EPX2

Smash Ace
And how mature is that? U twisted my words, moron. I never said he sucks because I say so. He sucks because that's my opinion. It would be a waste to play as him again...
Which is exactly the same thing as saying "He sucks because I say so"... obviously.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Game & Watch will return. 2 reasons.
1. All-Star Mode's return is clearly dependent on his return. No G&W, No All-Star mode.
2. He is an icon of Nintendo's Game & Watch series, which was a sucess before Donkey Kong appeared in 1981. That alone makes him worthy of returning.

Hong

The Strongest
He is unique, he is important and he can most of all be improved. He has high chances of returning, though I'm not definite at this point. Here's hoping at least.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Opinion is the same as dictation?

Which is exactly the same thing as saying "He sucks because I say so"... obviously.
So you mean to tell me that by stating that, in one's opinion, something isn't good, is the same as saying, it's not good because I said so? Where's the logic in your statement? That's twisting someone's words, which isn't cool at all. I stated that, he sucks in my OPINION. Since when did someone's opinion become "Because I said SO!" I'm not dictating that he sucks by trying to get other people to think that he sucks. The thread says, "Anyone else think Mr. Game and Watch should return?" The KEYWORD in that sentence was "THINK." Let me define the two and you tell me what is what.

1. Opinion: A personal view, attitude, or appraisal

2. Dictate: to prescribe or lay down authoritatively or peremptorily; command unconditionally.

The statement, "Because I say so." would be a statement of command

EPX2

Smash Ace
So you mean to tell me that by stating that, in one's opinion, something isn't good, is the same as saying, it's not good because I said so? Where's the logic in your statement? That's twisting someone's words, which isn't cool at all. I stated that, he sucks in my OPINION. Since when did someone's opinion become "Because I said SO!" I'm not dictating that he sucks by trying to get other people to think that he sucks. The thread says, "Anyone else think Mr. Game and Watch should return?" The KEYWORD in that sentence was "THINK." Let me define the two and you tell me what is what.

1. Opinion: A personal view, attitude, or appraisal

2. Dictate: to prescribe or lay down authoritatively or peremptorily; command unconditionally.

The statement, "Because I say so." would be a statement of command
You'd have a point if you quite clearly did not state, "He sucks because that's my opinion." You *really* don't see how saying that is pretty much the same as saying, "He sucks because I say so"?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Um...yeah, you know how the cut scenes in Brawl are FULL 3D, and generally show the characters from the front and sides? Little problem with game and watch. He's PAPER THIN. Gonna be a bit hard to see him in cut scenes, wouldn't you say?

EPX2

Smash Ace
You're an idiot, you don't have any good arguments, how is questioning the context of how someone said something an argument? and you're one to talk about making poor arguments in the Toad thread, oh Charizard is a PC, anything goes, WOW!
lol

Someone's getting angry, huh?

Do you even know what's going on in this topic? Or the other topic, for that matter?

Please, please, run along now. Big kids are talking here. I'll come back to play with you in a little while.

There is no Toad thread, are you referring to the Kinopio thread?
Yes.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Um...yeah, you know how the cut scenes in Brawl are FULL 3D, and generally show the characters from the front and sides? Little problem with game and watch. He's PAPER THIN. Gonna be a bit hard to see him in cut scenes, wouldn't you say?
Oh ****, guess there's no way in hell Mr. Game & Watch can be in the game now![/sarcasm]

Seriously, SSE isn't the ONLY part of the game.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, guess there's no way in hell Mr. Game & Watch can be in the game now![/sarcasm]

Seriously, SSE isn't the ONLY part of the game.
I agree, it would be pretty stupid to not include a character for the sole reason that it would require a little more thought to put them in cut scenes. Besides, we don't even know if all characters are in Subspace Emissary.

Top Bottom