• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody know some good Mario tricks?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
What the boost grab? You dash/run, tap A then hit R immediately afterwards. Mario'll make the "Waha" sound of his dash attack, but he'll dash grab instead.

Dunno how useful it is.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Get his grab game down so that you can start combos and then set up some "Upair blindz" which is a series of uairs and then finshed with either a Nair or Fsmash. You might just want to go watch some vids of Eggz.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Envy knows all, which is basically refer to eggz when you cant think of what to do with mario.

boss8

Smash Hero
ight old schoool gimp note only works on fast fallers and marth....

bthrow off edge...follow with dair....if you go through them Bair.....if they are in front of you uair.....then b-up back and wait for a free cape....lol old school gimp...

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
When you get to the top.

I dunno, I did it like... once on Yoshi's Story and it was freaking awesome... then I lost the next three stocks because I kept trying to do it.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Watch his animation, because as soon as he turns around is when you press on the control stick. I don't think anyone has mastered this (Not even Eggz)...well maybe Eggz lol but he doesn't check this section. It's a pretty cool glitch but not really useful because the sides on Yoshi's are so small that there's like a 90% you'll make it back. The other 10% is because of Marth. I don't even know if this post makes sense...I'm just typing =P

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, I know how to do it, I just screwed up a lot =P My Mario's ridiculous... I'm pretty sure I'm not actually getting any height from the Tornado, but I do it anyway 'cause it looks cool.

Can you really do it on Final Destination? I thought you could only do that on places with completely flat walls?

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know how to do it, I just screwed up a lot =P My Mario's ridiculous... I'm pretty sure I'm not actually getting any height from the Tornado, but I do it anyway 'cause it looks cool.

Can you really do it on Final Destination? I thought you could only do that on places with completely flat walls?
The very top of the edge on FD is flat.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What the boost grab? You dash/run, tap A then hit R immediately afterwards. Mario'll make the "Waha" sound of his dash attack, but he'll dash grab instead.

Dunno how useful it is.
Actually it's quite funny if you chaingrab with boostgrabs because mario starts saying "Waha" like crazy Same with luigi

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah, I don't exactly know the timing for up-b wall-jump.
(Oh nvm.... I can do it 100% now. Thanks for the information!)

Btw.... Envy, who is that girl on your sig? She reminds me of someone famous.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its all about the taunt he does during his dsmash.

Well that and this awesome trick called fireball camping. DJ Nintendo will tell you all about that.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
SHBAWLING not SHBAWDING

so smooth like milk it never stops to impress

running and doing a dash attack, but canceling it into a grab, like jc grab
he says WAHA or whatever while grabbing lol

KrazyCyclone

Smash Rookie
Use a couple of NORMAL Dash Attacks (without grabbing) Then every time your opponent hears that sound they will expect a dash attack and they will shield but then you can change it into a Dashing Grab (with the sound) and they will expect a dash attack and shield but then you will just grab them. This is a great AT Mario Mainers should start using this technique. I hope to start seeing more great Mario Mainers =)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Use a couple of NORMAL Dash Attacks (without grabbing) Then every time your opponent hears that sound they will expect a dash attack and they will shield but then you can change it into a Dashing Grab (with the sound) and they will expect a dash attack and shield but then you will just grab them. This is a great AT Mario Mainers should start using this technique. I hope to start seeing more great Mario Mainers =)
By the time they hear the sound, it's probably too late anyway. And anyway, you'd have gotten shieldgrabbed multiple times.

It's mainly the response time and the spotdodgeability of this that I don't think it's that useful for. Maybe if you learned to make the sound out loud, you could trick them with it.

Smash Journeyman
for what your saying to work you have to spam dash here and there. and trust me thats
not a good thing in the case its a fox crouch shine, jiggs crouch rest or worse, and marth
more than likely a nasty fair combo. the best way to approach as mario is either mind reverse fire balls ors jc grab and shffl'd aerial to jab combos.

Top Bottom