• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody know some good Mario tricks?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I just cant agree with that.

I mean, it's not like mario is a flat out monster or anything, but I just cant agree with him being bad.

I mean, he's got alot of stuff going for him, his only 2 real faults is a somewhat predictable recovery and has a hard time killing people.

The recovery it self actually isnt bad, and he's actually got tricks (Oh dear god I wish fricking Doc could wall jump, and his cape gave him lift the first time).

The killing this IS a problem, but as long as Mario can get people off the stage, he can just setup edgeguards, and mario's edgeguarding is VERY VERY strong.

Smash Journeyman
... you look like you're from America, could you try that sentence in english again? XD
i guess mario has something good about him or else no one would play him. sorry i was doing like 7 other post simutaneously.

but anyways i solely believe that the reason i play mario is he looks **** good when hes behind a pro like me :)

Pine

Smash Ace
mario sux...and char can do fine with a good player ofc...but marios dont win anything to remember and we all know that....every char sux after like 4th on the tier list lol

i play mario because i have fun with him...i like it when people are like zomg you have a sick mario i wish i was you...thats what i have fun doing...not being a fox tier *****...cough eggz

iMichael

Smash Lord
Exactly.

The only reason we use him is to impress others, because I know when I go to tourneys and someone picks Marth I'm not like (oh let me get my Mario and show him whats up) unless he's a noob or something lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I want to get better with doc because I love using him, and I'll definetly work as hard as I can to get him as sickly as pine, dogy and others. <3 Mario is also kool, though. I like watching some green mario as well. : D Too good.

Eggz

Smash Hero
mario sux...and char can do fine with a good player ofc...but marios dont win anything to remember and we all know that....every char sux after like 4th on the tier list lol

i play mario because i have fun with him...i like it when people are like zomg you have a sick mario i wish i was you...thats what i have fun doing...not being a fox tier *****...cough eggz
mario is boring, i dont see how you have fun at all lol
maybe if he was actually technical instead of one of the easiest characters to play in the game

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wouldnt call Eggz a tierwhore for playing fox. From what I gather, he really likes playing fox.

I still think it's comical how a bunch of general terms get thrown around in the smash community and people dont really know what they mean. I talk to people about it all the time.

Tierwhore is one of them. Tierwhores are people who play the better/best characters in the game over their favorite characters INSPITE HATING THE CHARACTER THEY END UP PLAYING. What that means is, you really cant call somebody who likes playing Fox a tier *****.

And no, I'm not saying that to suck up or anything, cause I dont see how the hell Mario is boring. I actually think he's pretty fun. He can actually do stuff. Sure he's not the cream of the crop, but he's not going to get ***** by everything, unlike some other characters that are fun to play for other dumb reasons. (i.e. Kirby. >.>) I didnt know technicality of a character determines how fun they are. Guess I'd have to go pick up Ness again for my LT main.

___

In the end, some people like Mario, some people dont. Some people think he's aight, some dont. That's the life of being a midtier character, especially the one that's ALWAYS been at the bottom of midtier. (Like, the worst place to ever be on a tierlist).

Pine

Smash Ace
apparently i didnt lay sarchasm on my eggz post hard enough....im not good at interweb sarchasm i guess

/\ that is spelled wrong isnt it...?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Dogy said:
I didnt know technicality of a character determines how fun they are. Guess I'd have to go pick up Ness again for my LT main.
For me it does. Speed and combo skill are all i pick characters for.Thus explaining why Ness and YL are my low tier mains.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
For me it does. Speed and combo skill are all i pick characters for.Thus explaining why Ness and YL are my low tier mains.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. That's what makes the game fun for you and that's why you're still around. You're entitled to do what keeps you interested in the game. It's good that there's something as opposed to the people who are kinda drag around like "I like the people, but I really dont like the game anymore" cause they've done the same thing for years.

Nothing wrong with going to play a character like Fox. You learn to press buttons better, and you get to learn and develop new ways to **** people up. I completely understand people who follow that logic.

__

I guess i came off as a jerk (my bad), but I didnt mean any disrespect in that. I was just trying to hit my point of that people like various characters for various reason.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also... Honestly, I try to stay away from high/top tiers because I feel as though the character is really doing the work for me, but thats when I try to pick up a character. I'm sure I'd know more if I stuck to a high/top tier, but right now I'm sticking to my all time favorite. :] Doc.

Top Bottom