• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smokers Sick of Being Lectured?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
One last thing. If one were to ask, What do you want people to acknowledge/take away, concerning this argument ? Then, how would you answer ??
It's y'alls habit and thus I'm assuming y'alls reason for argument as well.
My answer to that would be.

To acknowledge that myself and my fellow smokers have made a choice in life to smoke.That we have taken up this "habit" as you like to call it,that is pleasurable to partake in.Why should any person tell us we shouldn't smoke because they personally don't like it.I mean drinking is a "habit" that is also pleasurable and that causes a lot of violent unnecessary deaths.(Not to mention other problems in many aspects of life)

I want people to take away the fact that smoking alone can get you laid.Seriously how many times have you gotten with some random chick just because you asked her for a lighter in the smoking area eh?

Give me have this one freedom you ba****ds!

Are you smoking yet?!

M.K

Level 55
OH! Goldshadow I found a flaw in point #1 of your argument (which should probably not be continued, but w/e.)

Smokers that die at the age of 68 are already retired. Thus by dying, they are actually saving the government money because they are not collecting retirement money. So by 68 you wouldnt be working anyways, meaning the federal income tax of 6 billion is not even something we should be considering for someone of that age!

Point 2 seems less solid than point 1. I'll get on that later...
I wouldn't think of "finding a flaw" to be very appropriate for this subject matter. He has obviously pointed out some great details that are backed up by evidence, I don't think we should form by-lawed situations that inhibit the otherwise detrimenal consequences beyond rational doubt.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
To any smokers, if you like you can pay me a what you would otherwise spend on cigarettes and I'll kill you on the spot. It will be a lot quicker and far less painful (well for a little extra at least ;))

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
Yo, you might as well chop off your hand, feed it to the dogs, fetch it right before it's fully devoured, and smoke that ****.

QUALITY **** BABY!!!

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
My biggest issue is that i'm a personal trainer, and it is odd to have my clients whom are clearly trying to get healthy/build lung capacity or whatever, and i'm smoking NewPorts when they arrive at my gym... not more than alittle hypocritical...

Or perhaps it is when people tell you to quit, and use Nicotine Gum, or the Patch like they're magical solutions that make cigarettes no longer desirable... >_>

Top Bottom