• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

L-J

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I'll have to cancel tonight - I've got to work all this evening, ended up being the worst day for me this week. I can do Thursday or Friday evening though.

L-J

Smash Ace
Alrite guys I've actually got all afternoon and evening free tomorrow except 5-6.30. So basically apart from those times come over whenever. :)

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
lol this is my perfect time to play :S what about friday

L-J

Smash Ace
Matheo: me, Jack and Hugo played for quite a while yesterday so I dunno how keen/free they are to play again today. If they were it'd be in the evening (6.30 onwards) but if 4.40 is better for you we can just do a bit of singles then.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
yeah i will definitely come round for a couple of singles at 4.45! dunno how long i will stay though, 9ish latest!

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
I should be free tomorrow but I am not sure whether i will be near the internet b4 tomorrow again so if something is on, pls text me!

L-J

Smash Ace
Ah ok didn't realise you had a train at that time - in that case if you fancy coming over at 4.30 I'll be back from rugby by then and it'd be good to get some games in with you :)

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to make it, but I can't guarantee it; I'm meeting someone at 2 for a catch up.

Could I get your number in case I can't make it? Mine's 07847542046 in the unlikely event that you need to contact me.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
yo rich, can i come over from 4:30 too? would be great

Tamoo

Smash Master
FabulousGeorge: Hey, are you at sheffield uni? I got a friend up there who is kinda into ssbm but isn't that good but wants to get better (but isn't like super serious about improving or anything). If you wanna maybe meet up with him at some time (presuming you have a setup) I can point you in his direction if you want.

L-J

Smash Ace
Repeat after me:

I do solemnly swear
(I do solemnly swear)

To not play
(To not play)

With main or second
(With main or second)

With Roy or Marth
(With Roy or Marth)

With the manliest of men or the most evil of kings
(With the manlist of men or most evil of kings)

With shine that sendeth up or shine that sendeth downward
(With shine that sendeth up or shine that sendeth downward)

The game Super Smash Brothers Melee
(The game Super Smash Brothers Melee)

For one whole week
(For one whole week)

Or till death do us part
(Or till death do us part)

Together: In Gandondorf, our Lord. Amen.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Darren ( the filth) would be up for some melee to I'm pretty sure, hes at Sheffield uni.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Are the Cam***s interested in Blastzone? I think if like SATiRe + Cam***s + a few others are all interested then Fuzz will sort out travel for londoners and we can have a good national there. If no-one from out of London says their interested then fuzz doesn't seem to care about going.

Your crew name is the cam***s right......? :p

gm jack

Smash Lord
Nah, NRS.

But it's out of term for us, so being at Cambridge really doesn't mean much. I will only be heading to it if it isn't too expensive and there's a good turn out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, seeing as i know some of you arent looking in the london monthly thread/brawl thread, i'm going to take this oppurtunity to tell you about the next big event!

BLASTZONE 1

This is a mixed brawl/melee event hosted in therford, norfolk.

at this event, there is

*Overnight accomodation at the venue, and for an extra quid you can use one of the many large beanbags for sleeping on!

*Food sold inside the venue by the local youth group, who are also doubling up as the event sponser

*curteosy of the sponser, they are adding an extra 50 quid to each of the singles pot.

*A possible 20 tv's PER GAME at the venue, allowing for plenty of friendlies/money match's without slowing the tournament

*Two GIANT 40' tv's, one for brawl and one for melee, allowing for mass hype on during the finals

*With livestream on both of these tv's to be broadcast around the world!

the link to the main page: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297385

i hope to see you all there!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nah, NRS.

But it's out of term for us, so being at Cambridge really doesn't mean much. I will only be heading to it if it isn't too expensive and there's a good turn out.
its not at cambridge silly ^.^
its not expensive when you compare it to the pot, which is bolstered by sponsorship and the fact that a lot of what i get leftover from venue fee will go into the pot again (the rest will go to tv's, etc.)

L-J

Smash Ace
The fact it's outside term time DOES matter because I will be in Bristol rather than Cambridge, and so having 3 hours added to travel time each way. As much as I'd love to come it's so damn far away from me I just don't see it happening. I won't confirm I definitely can't come though until it really is definite.

gm jack

Smash Lord
its not at cambridge silly ^.^
its not expensive when you compare it to the pot, which is bolstered by sponsorship and the fact that a lot of what i get leftover from venue fee will go into the pot again (the rest will go to tv's, etc.)
I'm with LJ. I live on the far side of london, and getting into London is already decently expensive.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Rich, do you still have access to your uni house when its not term-time? If so you could break the journey up by going to Cambridge the day before, staying a night in your house then going from there. Plus loads of opportunity for pre-tourney smashfest perhaps?

rustediron

Smash Lord
I actually get residency the day after the tournament, so I was planning on dumping my luggage off at Catz beforehand, then heading over. So I guess Tristan's right in that you could stay at mine to 'break up the journey' if you really wanted to, though I'm not sure how that actually helps you at all lol.

L-J

Smash Ace
Well it wudn't really help THAT much, lol. All it would mean is that I wouldn't have to get up at like 8.30 just to get there from Bristol for the start of the tournament. But wait, if you only have residency the day AFTER the tournament that wouldn't even be possible anyway haha.

Top Bottom