• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

L-J

Smash Ace
Actually guys my bad I forgot we're getting pizza so I don't need to go to the canteen, so people can come over any time from now.

L-J

Smash Ace
So guys, as if you needed any more incentive to play smash at mine, here it is...I NOW HAVE AQUA ON MY COMPUTER ZOMG.

The only evenings I can do next week are Monday and (maybe if my American Football kit fitting sesh finishes earlyish) Wednesday - I'm out every other night lol.

L-J

Smash Ace
Safety/Outside Linebacker. We run a 4-4 D scheme so there's only one safety and the OLBs operate a lot like Strong Safeties anyway, especially in pass coverage.

L-J

Smash Ace
Lol Hugo that's too far I agree, but still funny. How d'u even do all that stuff? Please teach me!

I can do today from 7 but only for a couple of hours - I have TONS of work due in this week (like stupid amounts) so it really can only be for a little while.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
is there something happening on wednesday rich? if so i would be glad to come round between 7 and 8 as always

auroreon

Smash Ace
I am very tempted to pick up Melee...
If I did, would you gentlemen have the patience to teach me to play? I have almost zero experience with the game and would have to learn from nothing.

Hugo, I've read a lot of your posts on here and you sound like a pretty smart guy... so maybe Melee is worth giving a try.

gm jack

Smash Lord
More the merrier. I remember you being decent at brawl, so tech skill is the only barrier until you should be able to keep up.

And Hugo just sounds smart because he does philosophy, so explains simple ideas in really convoluted ways.

auroreon

Smash Ace
lol, Yea I know what you mean.
I used to study philosophy, complete waste of my time.

I've never been very good at Brawl.
When I used to play Brawl I never understood fighters or how to play them. Plus I never had anyone to practise with regularly, so all I was ever really good at in the game was techskill.
Yes, there is techskill in Brawl, just maybe not as much.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
But the best way to write a Philosophy essay is to make it easy to understand so that doesn't really make sense. :|

L-J

Smash Ace
Matteo et al., I have an entire essay to do in one day tomorrow (the reading for it as well as the writing) which is pretty awful even by Cambridge standards - we just happen to have a joke busy week work-wise. The essay is in fact a philosophy essay LOL, so Hugo your help would be appreciated. Title is: 'Explain and Evaluate Aristotle’s distinction in the Catagories between primary and secondary substance (οὐσία).'

Anyway, I'm sure I could have you guys over from 7-9ish again tomorrow - I'm aiming to have started writing by then anyway so it shouldn't be a problem to finish it off afterwards.

Auroreon: I'd be very happy to teach you the ways of Melee - I've taught people who've never played either game before so I must have patience in abundance ha. I'm sure the rest of the guys would also be more than willing to help you out. So yeah, if you ever want to come along to one of these feel free :)

Alex: in my experience philosophy essays tend to make very little sense whether they're written well or poorly :p

rustediron

Smash Lord
Lol, my next essay after this one is on primary and secondary qualities - not entirely sure what a primary or secondary substance is, though.

L-J

Smash Ace
Lol no worries man - maybe one of these days we'll have a sesh when I DON'T have an essay to write after everyone leaves. Am currently on 850/1500 words. Not too bad, but still. Fml.

L-J

Smash Ace
Alrite how is Sat eve for ppl? I was planning on getting the Pound V stream on during but it looks like there won't be one :( Still, we can follow the results of Melee doubles as we play. I'd also be up for getting pizza!

rustediron

Smash Lord
I think we're having a Greek Night at my flat then, I'll have to see if that's still going ahead (though I could still make afternoon till early evening).

EDIT: Turns out that was next week, but I invited some friends over from 6/7ish so I can only stay until then.

L-J

Smash Ace
'Greek Night'?!? ROFL! Wtf does that mean? If it's all the ppl who study Ancient Greek plz invite me along ha! If it's Greek food related then I guess fair enough. Anyhow, Sat. eve/night is the only time I can realistically do apart from early eve on Sunday. Imo Smash>'Greek Night', so man up Hugo.

L-J

Smash Ace
Also just so you guys know I've officially quit Fox - I will no longer play him unless I'm ****ing around/sandbagging. My new main will be...Jiggs. QFT.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Someone suggested we do something more obscure, like watch Scrubs all night, complaining about Turk, but alas, I think it will just be Greek food etc.

I'd probably be up for early eve Sunday :S

L-J

Smash Ace
Tamao: I probably am trollin' but don't pretend that doesn't mean u love me baby.

Cambridge ppz: let's say 6pm Sat. onwards. Let's get dis shiz going. Hugo I wanna practice double puff cus it's da bes.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Turk is awesome! i'm in cornwall from sat morning so i can't attend to your session. i'd like to play a few games before i go though. what about a couple today, like last friday? i'd be free from 5ish as usuall

L-J

Smash Ace
I'm actually free all afternoon till 5.30 but then I'm busy from then all the rest of the evening :( If you come as soon as you can we could still get a few games in.

Top Bottom