• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm new in Cambridge and would like to know if here is anybody who likes playing SSBM or SSB64! Please respond!

Thanks,
MaSe

rustediron

Smash Lord
Awesome sauce. Check my loc ;D

There's 3 of us who play SSBM, though I don't know anyone who plays SSB64 (just play it online I guess :p).
Whereabouts in Cambridge do you live?

L-J

Smash Ace
Hey dude, if you've just arrived for uni then which College are you at? If not, where do you live? Frugs is at Catz and I'm at Queens' - 1 min from each other on the West side of Cambridge. Jack isn't far away at Robinson.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I'm no longer 1 min away from you unfortunately, I live in West Cambridge (West Road/Grange Road) now :(
MaSe lives really far out, can't remember the name of the place but like 30-40 mins on the No. 1 Bus =/

Really looking forward to playing games with you guys, definitely try and get together once fresher's week is over :)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, I live on grange road, and west road is even closer. No johns.

And L-J is hosting tonight, so if you PM me or L-J if you want to come, we can sort out meeting up.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
I'm living in Fulbourn, that really sucks =) However, I'd like to smash tonight but I can't make it so long because I have to work very early ~.~ So i'm not in any college I'm just working at a primary school in Cambridge.
So where and when are you going to meet tonight?

rustediron

Smash Lord
If I can set up homebrew channel on my wii without failing/killing it, might be able to get PAL games running on it, and thereby add another, if slightly laggy (apparently, I can't tell xD) setup using my VGA box and Rich's monitor :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
My VGA box only takes component input, and gc component cables don't work on PAL GCs (and are also like £50)

L-J

Smash Ace
Btw it is really awesome that Cambridge has four local smashers. Maybe we could form our own crew sometime soon :0 (no betrayal of SATiRe I promise lol.)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Was thinking now that there's 4 of us an extra setup might be helpful :S
Also, I'm liking this crew idea a lot actually. We could totally trash OOC or Tesco if we use our cambridge intellect (lol) to overcome the skill gap with strategy in a crew battle :D

EDIT: Name, anyone? Thing that immediately came to mind was Camfags, for no particular reason :S

L-J

Smash Ace
I can probs host at some point this weekend, possibly Sunday early afternoon. I'll confirm asap. And I veto Camwhores - we can think of something better than that.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I'm going to be coming back from London on Sunday, was hoping to be back in the afternoon around 3/4ish, what time you free?

gm jack

Smash Lord
LJ has managed to cripple himself, so I guess we have to wait to see if he is able to play (fool broke his arm). If not, me and frugs have a set up between us, so MaSe (or anyone else for that matter), if you ever fancy playing, just message one of us.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Ah hell I didn't check this thread. I'm not really often online here so it would be good if you could send me a PM next time so I can see it on my email account. I was just thinking whether it'd be possible to play a round this weekend but now it's over =(
So if you guys are free the next days, please let me know I really want to play a round!

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
good that some of us have work in the morning! :) Wednesday would be great for me.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Hugo can host between about 5 and whenever he goes out clubbing. However, you'll need to meet us at the corner of Grange Road and West Road, as Hugo is at a different college to Richard.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Thats great. Let me know when I can meet you and I will be there.

gm jack

Smash Lord
So yeah i broke my arm, but i can still hold a controller sorta so i'm happy to keep hosting :)
We're heading to hugo's at about 5.15 today, so you are more than welcome to come along. If you send me a text, I could probably help you move your set up over if you think a second set up will be necessary.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Screw that, if he's free we should move my setup over to his, it'll be much easier :)
(I mentioned earlier with VGA Box, my wii and your pal disc now that I've region unlocked it)

Top Bottom