• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
All im getting after using the .exe after the naming the songs is an "alstt_out.pac" is this how it should work? cause i rename the file yet it doesnt work, and yes ive placed the file in the proper directory. do i have to unzip the files in the library folder inside the same directory as the program or on a folder inside that directory?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
All im getting after using the .exe after the naming the songs is an "alstt_out.pac" is this how it should work? cause i rename the file yet it doesnt work, and yes ive placed the file in the proper directory. do i have to unzip the files in the library folder inside the same directory as the program or on a folder inside that directory?
The output file is named info.pac, the other files are used by the program.
Really? How soon? Will I need it to fix the "a lot of uneeded information was left inside the info.pac" thing?
Theres nothing to fix about that. If you don't know what it means its not a problem.

Marth, did you edit the "edit_me_info_en.pac" to match your "songs.db"?
You don't need to edit that file, only songs.db

no, how do i do that? and what do i do with the stuff in the library zip, i unzipped it into a folder called library, is that right?
You don't need to touch any of that stuff.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
The output file is named info.pac, the other files are used by the program.

Theres nothing to fix about that. If you don't know what it means its not a problem.

You don't need to edit that file, only songs.db

You don't need to touch any of that stuff.
ok i finally got it working but now it freezes when the match starts and the title of the song is showing, i read somewhere around here that this same problem happened to somebody else, what am i doing wrong?

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
I didn't need to edit the thing? CRAP!!!

EDIT: Ok, so I downloaded it again and didn't edit the "edit_me_info_en.pac", but I still get that message: "A lot of uneeded information was left inside the info.pac"

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No. The uneeded information refers to the other information that exists inside info.pac. In order to make the info.pac file the same size or smaller than the original, the program sometimes has to null out some of these strings in order to make the file compress better.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
One thing might be that you're using characters in your song titles that the game itself doesn't use. Look at the characters used in the game's song titles and then use only those when naming your own.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That too.
10char.

Also, if you use my BRSTM app, you dont need to create a songs.db, you can just use the songs.db that is generated by BCSM-GUI on exit :p

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be another problem and not a solution, but I'm having the same problem of Brawl freezing after it the "Now Loading" screen, and after I check songs.db, there are no strange characters (the only characters that I put are letters, numbers, and a few dashes). I've simply changed the titles of the songs and used the .exe; no changing any files. WAT'S WRONG (Is it the numbers?)

Wait... I don't think it's the numbers because there are already numbers in defaultsongs.db (i.e. Sector 1).

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm not getting a file at all when i exit GUI for the song.db IDK whats the problem but also i get an error at times when sending them to my SD card then work fine IDK why it comes up as well as when i exit the program when my SD card is inserted. Is there anyway to fix this problem I've re-downloaded it multiple times.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Should I just post my songs.db word for word via copy and paste and then YOU can pick out the error?

Because I can't (I'm ******** or something.)

The names of the replaced songs (verbatim), and yes, "Unknown" IS what I called it:

Wind Waker-Phantom Ganon
Unknown
Nightwish-Last of the Wilds
Okami-Battle with Waka
Mortal Kombat Theme
Super Paper Mario-Final Boss
Pokemon Colosseum-First Battle
Hyadain-Chocobo
Tales of Symphonia-Fatalize
Corn and Beans-The Traveler
Pokemon D/P-Champion Battle
Favorite VGM-Wild Arms 3
Immediate Music-Spiritus Elektros
Pokémon Colosseum-Admin Battle
Team Rocket Song
Nyasu no Party
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle-EGGMAN
Soul Calibur II-Raise Thy Sword
Cowboy Bebop-NY Rush
Yu-Gi-Oh!-Summon the Dragon
Little Big Planet-Volvar a Comenzar
Egoraptor-Hot Heat
Golden Sun-Venus Lighthouse
Iceberg Ball Z
Riverside's Touhou Unplugged 11
Radiant Dawn-Stalwarts Unite
Castlevania-Wicked Orchestra
Rick Rolled
Okami-Battle with Ninetails
Wild Arms 3-Janus Theme
Steve Porter-Rap Chop
Mystery Dungeon-Primal Dialga
Pokemon Colosseum-Miror B
Bleach-Gallop
Super Mario Galaxy-Good Egg
Super Mario Galaxy-Space Junk
Mario Kart Wii-Toad's Factory
Project Delta
Mega Man 2-WoodMan
Twilight Princess-Lord Ganon

Hmm... maybe that was a bit too much... sorry.

If you're using File Replacement Code 3.5 and not 3.5.1, does the info.pac freeze your Wii as soon as the "Now Loading" screen is finished(regardless of what characters you have in songs.db)?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
If you're using File Replacement Code 3.5 and not 3.5.1, is your Wii going to freeze at the "Now Loading" screen, or some other time?

Or not at all?

Sorry for the double post.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Is this program known to have problems with Vista? I can't run the exe for some reason.

Figured it out.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you're using File Replacement Code 3.5 and not 3.5.1, is your Wii going to freeze at the "Now Loading" screen, or some other time?

Or not at all?

Sorry for the double post.

Even if you have a valid info.pac, your wii WILL FREEZE with 3.5, you NEED 3.5.1.

Also, I have an update. I figured out that mu_menumain.pac can be loaded by the SD loader, but it is loaded from....

/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Ok, I got songs.db and the program ran successfully however I can't open it in notepad. help!!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
So if I took info.pac and renamed it whatever the My Music .pac is supposed to be named and put it in the right folders, it's gonna work?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I dont know.
Theres a bug in it where the program needs certain a certain line format due to bad programming on my part. Unfortunetly, most windows apps will overwrite the line ending with the windows default, which causes ALSTT to fail.

Wordpad might work, but Notepad++ WILL work.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try using this to edit my music titles. I avoided CSps and music title editing before because of wifi problems and the need to use that My music reset code. I won't have to worry about freezing with this, right?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try using this to edit my music titles. I avoided CSps and music title editing before because of wifi problems and the need to use that My music reset code. I won't have to worry about freezing with this, right?
I've never had freezing with this, so probably not. Btw, if you use Dantarion's BRSTM GUI, it generates a Songs.db with your modified titles for you.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This only causes freezing in two ways.
1. You edit your songs.db weird, the program has a heart attack, or you use a FPC that isn't 3.5.1. The game will crash at "Now Loading".
2. You edit your songs.db fine, but you throw some weird *** characters in there. The game will crash whenever that title is displayed.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I overestimated how long "Any Length" really is...

For me, the game froze because "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Primal Dialga Battle" was too long...

Try to see if your song names are too long. Regardless of whether or not that's the problem, you should try to shorten them and use the longest default song name (I'm not sure what that is) as a sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom